2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

This is the biggest game of the year. You start who you think gives you the best chance to win.

1) If you think it is Brodeur, Lou should go out and say, we aren't trading the goalie who we think gives us the best chance to win.

2) If you want to give Brodeur the start for one final send off, I mean there better be an agreement between Brodeur, Cory, and the team he is being traded to that we are holding off on a deal because Brodeur deserves one final home game.

3) If there is no trade and Brodeur plays well, well then I imagine you keep going with Brodeur and really alienate the better goalie.

4) If there is a trade or no trade and Brodeur plays poorly, you might have punted the season.

The only good scenario is that Brodeur plays very well and gets traded right after. The rest is just a disaster.

No, they will not keep going with Brodeur.  C'mon now.  We've been through this enough but I really don't see this happening again this year - Schneider has gotten the huge majority of the starts, but I don't think he's played well in either of his last 2 (didn't see yesterday's game but from the highlights didn't look like he was at his best).  I agree that they are at a point where they cannot afford sentiment.

You're right. "Deboer is a doody head and can't possible have any idea what he's doing" makes much more sense.

If Brodeur gets dealt Wednesday, this makes all the sense in the world (if the team wants to prioritize having a great moment instead of making the playoffs).

What if Brodeur gets lit up Tuesday? That could take an interested team off the market. It could take all of them? What if he plays well? Maybe then Pete and Lou decide they want Brodeur to actually play a lot down the stretch. Perhaps they go back to splitting games.

The main thing is Schneider and Brodeur have clearly not been treated as equals this season or they might have been treated too much as equals when they shouldn't (however you want to look at it). Marty gets certain important games regardless of how he or Cory is playing. Cory rarely gets thrown back in nets after an average or bad game while Brodeur has. And even though their numbers couldn't be any different, after 65 or so games, they have pretty much split time all year.

The Devils want to risk pissing off Cory and having him look elsewhere after next season...well then this team is fvcked. This team now needs to move Brodeur for the sake of the organization more than anything else. 

If Brodeur gets dealt Wednesday, this makes all the sense in the world (if the team wants to prioritize having a great moment instead of making the playoffs).

What if Brodeur gets lit up Tuesday? That could take an interested team off the market. It could take all of them? What if he plays well? Maybe then Pete and Lou decide they want Brodeur to actually play a lot down the stretch. Perhaps they go back to splitting games.

The main thing is Schneider and Brodeur have clearly not been treated as equals this season or they might have been treated too much as equals when they shouldn't (however you want to look at it). Marty gets certain important games regardless of how he or Cory is playing. Cory rarely gets thrown back in nets after an average or bad game while Brodeur has. And even though their numbers couldn't be any different, after 65 or so games, they have pretty much split time all year.

The Devils want to risk pissing off Cory and having him look elsewhere after next season...well then this team is fvcked. This team now needs to move Brodeur for the sake of the organization more than anything else.

Cory just came off playing 7 straight and 8 of the last 9. It's not like they haven't been using him.

Cory just came off playing 7 straight and 8 of the last 9. It's not like they haven't been using him.

And he was incredible and Brodeur was pretty crap for a few games. Even before that run of games, Schneider's numbers were light years ahead of Brodeur's. I don't think his save percentage rose during that good stretch, it just stayed the same at a great rate

The whole thing makes little sense if Pete is remotely telling the truth about this not being a send off game. If you feel Brodeur is this valuable that you'll play him in a "must win game", then you shouldn't even possibly thinking about dealing him.

Cory gets one good run in him and Brodeur is looking to get traded?

Pete said its 'not a send-off game'? I guess I should just believe anything Pete says then. Lawyers never lie about anything, ever. :P

I don't think he is totally lying. I think Pete might be playing Marty because his heart says so (maybe his head too). But I don't think there is a situation where you hold off a trade to give that player one more home game, especially when that player plays goalie.

The ideal situation for me is one final send-off for Marty. A packed house giving him numerous standing ovations and chanting his name all night. He plays well...the Devils get a win, and then he is traded. 

That would be the perfect end for Marty as a Devil.

And he was incredible and Brodeur was pretty crap for a few games. Even before that run of games, Schneider's numbers were light years ahead of Brodeur's. I don't think his save percentage rose during that good stretch, it just stayed the same at a great rate

The whole thing makes little sense if Pete is remotely telling the truth about this not being a send off game. If you feel Brodeur is this valuable that you'll play him in a "must win game", then you shouldn't even possibly thinking about dealing him.

Cory gets one good run in him and Brodeur is looking to get traded?

I know Cory is light years better. I just think people are really overreacting to Marty getting this start and reading way to far into everything. For all we know, Cory tweaked something yesterday and they want to rest him. We have no idea. Everyone just immediately jumped to "Deboer is an idiot" or that this is some sort of sign about Marty being traded.

It's the same as when Clermont was called up to Albany so he could be assigned to Orlando, and people thought it meant Marty was traded, or when Moose got signed because Kinkaid was hurt. Everyone is looking for all these hidden meanings and signs.

I don't think he is totally lying. I think Pete might be playing Marty because his heart says so (maybe his head too). But I don't think there is a situation where you hold off a trade to give that player one more home game, especially when that player plays goalie.

The ideal situation for me is one final send-off for Marty. A packed house giving him numerous standing ovations and chanting his name all night. He plays well...the Devils get a win, and then he is traded.

That would be the perfect end for Marty as a Devil.

That's the outcome that best benefits all parties involved, no question. And tomorrow may be Marty's last game as a Devil, or it may not- but I bought my tickets for the game because if it is, I'd be kicking myself forever for missing it.

That's the outcome that best benefits all parties involved, no question. And tomorrow may be Marty's last game as a Devil, or it may not- but I bought my tickets for the game because if it is, I'd be kicking myself forever for missing it.

Either way, the fans get to say goodbye in a game situation, even if he doesn't get dealt. They might not get a chance to do that regardless. That's pretty cool.

Plus, after this game, you don't need Pete to be thinking about final this or final that for Brodeur. This should be it. Hopefully it's a great night.

Either way, the fans get to say goodbye in a game situation, even if he doesn't get dealt. They might not get a chance to do that regardless. That's pretty cool.

Plus, after this game, you don't need Pete to be thinking about final this or final that for Brodeur. This should be it. Hopefully it's a great night.

Any chance Marty is traded before the game tomorrow?!?!?

It doesn't matter....there is just no God damn excuse for this. Cory played lights out for over a month and gives up four to SJ on a back to back. Let's not mention that none of the goals were on him. The poor guy gets no leeway

Goals 3 and 4 are ones he could have had.  The Cory Schneider we saw before the Olympics would have stopped both of those goals.

If anyone hasn't read Marty's quotes to TG today, here they are: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/brodeur_excited_to_get_start_vs._red_wings_doesnt_think_it_will_impact_whether_hes_traded/

That doesn't sound like a guy who's gonna be hanging around. Go get your tickets and come see Marty's (likely) last game in the red and black.

If anyone hasn't read Marty's quotes to TG today, here they are: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/brodeur_excited_to_get_start_vs._red_wings_doesnt_think_it_will_impact_whether_hes_traded/

That doesn't sound like a guy who's gonna be hanging around. Go get your tickets and come see Marty's (likely) last game in the red and black.

I'm depressed and sad.  :(

At this point he almost has to be moved. So much drama and distraction from a backup goalie. Edited by Lateralous

Yeah I think there's a strong passive-aggressive tone in that article (again, just my opinion.  Hard to get a full grasp just reading quotes, I could be off-base).

It makes me really sad, but I think it'd be best if he's traded at this point.  His sons are out in Minnesota, he's got Benedict Parise out there to welcome him and help him get settled in..I think it's his best option.

So, I have an interesting perspective to report here - fair warning, this is going to sound like one of those bullsh!t fake sources, but I've been around here for a while and you guys know I'm not one to make sh!t up.  I can promise you this is direct from a member of the extended Brodeur family.  Take it for what it's worth:

Apparently, Marty wants to be traded, but Lou doesn't want to move him.  As in, Marty's already waived and asked out, and Lou's the one holding back from pulling the trigger.  Why, I don't know.

Again, I know this is going to piss some of you off, so you can just ignore it if you'd like to.  But I'm not one to make stuff up for the attention.

So, I have an interesting perspective to report here - fair warning, this is going to sound like one of those bullsh!t fake sources, but I've been around here for a while and you guys know I'm not one to make sh!t up. I can promise you this is direct from a member of the extended Brodeur family. Take it for what it's worth:

Apparently, Marty wants to be traded, but Lou doesn't want to move him. As in, Marty's already waived and asked out, and Lou's the one holding back from pulling the trigger. Why, I don't know.

Again, I know this is going to piss some of you off, so you can just ignore it if you'd like to. But I'm not one to make stuff up for the attention.

I don't see why that is that far fetched. Marty has come off as a total baby once he was clearly the back-up. Given the fact that he has relatively little, if any trade value, Lou probably doesn't want to move a guy who has been the face of the franchise for so long. Lou's history suggests he wouldn't be comfortable with a young guy like Kinkaid as the backup so it might even cost the Devils more for a new backup than they get for Brodeur. MB41 seemed like he pressed Lou pretty hard for the 2 year deal, hiring an agent and all, so Lou might not be jumping through hoops to let him out of it either. Edited by Lateralous