Lundqvist 2013 - new pad rule?

Z-Man

I love any chance to mock Lundqvist as anybody here.  But none of the goals tonight with the exception of the Zubrus goal could have possibly been because of the pads.  Zubrus's goal went 5-hole I believe.  However, imo all of the goals were scored because of bad goaltending.

Bad rebound control led to the Lokti goal.  

The Henrique goal was simply one he should have stopped.  Not trying to take away from the shot though.  That was a sizzler.

The Ryder goal may have been because of a screen, but to me it should have been stopped.

The Zubrus goal was also a bad rebound goal that went 5-hole.

Marty is a classless tool. But so far, he's been proven right. Hank has let in a lot of uncharacteristic goals. The team hasn't played well in front of him. When he doesn't stand on his head, the Rangers are a lottery team. Especially when you take away Callahan.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/16/lundqvist-shakes-off-brodeurs-indirect-jab-about-big-pads/

Marty hinted about it in this story...and his play so far backs up Marty's claim.  His GAA is well above 3.00, and his SV% is now below .900. 

So great goalie going through a rough patch, or was he just the latest J.S. Giguere?

Giguere was more than a one-hit wonder. Otherwise, the Ducks wouldn't have won a Cup. Hank has had rough patches before. However, he's always benefited from a defense first system. Similar to Brodeur. The Rangers are playing a different style. So far, it's not working. I didn't want Vigneault. He's overrated.

Marty is a classless tool. But so far, he's been proven right. Hank has let in a lot of uncharacteristic goals. The team hasn't played well in front of him. When he doesn't stand on his head, the Rangers are a lottery team. Especially when you take away Callahan.

So glad you are back on the boards to post 50 blog posts and call Brodeur a "classless tool" (wtf? really?).  You still can't stay civilized when the Devils get the better of the Rangers. And if you can't do that, no need to come back here again.

• Like 2

So glad you are back on the boards to post 50 blog posts and call Brodeur a "classless tool" (wtf? really?).  You still can't stay civilized when the Devils get the better of the Rangers. And if you can't do that, no need to come back here again.

Why? Marty loves to take underhanded shots at Hank. Hank's a classier athlete. It doesn't make him better. It just means he stays away from controversy. I won't apologize for having this opinion on your goalie. The same one half this board wants retired.

I love any chance to mock Lundqvist as anybody here.  But none of the goals tonight with the exception of the Zubrus goal could have possibly been because of the pads.  Zubrus's goal went 5-hole I believe.  However, imo all of the goals were scored because of bad goaltending.

Bad rebound control led to the Lokti goal.  

The Henrique goal was simply one he should have stopped.  Not trying to take away from the shot though.  That was a sizzler.

The Ryder goal may have been because of a screen, but to me it should have been stopped.

The Zubrus goal was also a bad rebound goal that went 5-hole.

3 of the 4 were also because of hilariously bad or invisible defense.    Watch the Henrique goal, they're organizing in their own zone with no resistance.   Yet Henrique ends up free and clear inside of the defensive zone.   No earthly idea what Girardi was trying to accomplish and Powe skates like he sh!t his pants. Nice to see that happen to us in a POSITIVE way instead of the other way around

Why? Marty loves to take underhanded shots at Hank. Hank's a classier athlete. It doesn't make him better. It just means he stays away from controversy. I won't apologize for having this opinion on your goalie. The same one half this board wants retired.

"class" is the most over used, over abused descriptor in sports. no one here cares if lundqvist is "classier" than marty (which is totally up to one's opinion - there is no way to quantify one's "classiness"). what we do care about here, however, is stopping the puck. he wasn't doing that last night...

• Like 1

Hang on, Marty has taken a few jabs at Lunqvists equipment size, and I think a few years ago he called him weird, but that qualifies him as a classless tool? That's a bit hyperbolic, I mean where do you go from there? Sean Avery is a classless tool, are you suggesting he and Marty are on the same level?

Yep, here we go again with the cheap shots.  The patented Derek21 meltdown shouldn't be too far behind.

It's a Devils website genius...do you think it's a real good idea to come on here and call the greatest player in this franchise's history "a classless tool"?  Surely you can go do that on some Rangers site where you can all crack jokes about Marty's weight and call his team the "Debbies"...Ranger fans have always been such cut-ups that way.

The reason a lot of the board would like to see Brodeur retire is not because they don't respect him or his resume (though some Devils fans definitely have short memories)...it's because no one wants to see it get ugly for him (though it kind of already has)...it's been discussed in various threads, but no one really enjoys watching a long-time legend struggle to barely be a shell of what he was.  That being said, as Marty likely thinks he's still got something left, and the franchise is not ever going to embarrass him, he'll play out this final season and hopefully do it as a passable level.  Probably won't be pretty, but it's a small price to pay for everything he's given the Devils over two decades, and if Schneider can continue to do what he has so far, Marty shouldn't get much more than 25 games.   

• Like 2

3 of the 4 were also because of hilariously bad or invisible defense.    Watch the Henrique goal, they're organizing in their own zone with no resistance.   Yet Henrique ends up free and clear inside of the defensive zone.   No earthly idea what Girardi was trying to accomplish and Powe skates like he sh!t his pants. Nice to see that happen to us in a POSITIVE way instead of the other way around

See. The problem here is that it doesn't take away from the fact that Lundqvist still played like ass. Even if the defense was bad, those are goals great goalies usually stop.

And I outplayed you in the biggest playoff series of your life- at age 40. Eat it, Queen.

Hahahahaha!!!!

Speaking as a fan of the team who hired the most classless tool of them all, Sean Avery. If you're gonna be on a Devils board, you could at least not say things you know are just going to start arguments.

And if you're then going to mention him being old and not very good anymore. Well, damn, isn't that exactly what the Rags look for in a FA player? You guys trying to sign him next summer for $7M per because Lundqvist had a bad year, LOL.

You are the only classless tool on this board. Go cry into the Queens jock. Marty is absolutely correct and good for him to call that loser out on it.

The use of "class" reminds me of whiny HF fans complaining about other whiny HF fans.

How many classless Subans are we talking here?

"Class" is one of the most hilariously overused words on that forum, please everyone don't let it bleed over here. A player lacking "class" essentially translates to "he said something I don't like".

• Like 1