2013-2014 Attendance

Mike Brown

i wasnt trying to talk down on school teachers sorry if i offended anyone.. i just wasnt sure why they would give out free tickets to school teachers

I think your previous statement is valid. I have no problems with military personnel as well as first responders getting free tickets. But why teachers? What do they do that is different than my private sector desk job?

You care so much about game to game attendance that you keep a running tally on it yet you say where the devils rank in attendance doesn't matter.

You never seen to keep your opinions straight on anything.

thats what happens i guess when you post over and over constantly even when no one responds ...clearly only posting to A. hear his own thoughts or B. up his post count

they get plenty like every holiday off and 2 weeks for christmas..and oh yea an entire summer while everyone else is working 5 or more days a week

not to get too far off topic but my fiancé taught for three years and it was the hardest thing she's ever done, crazy hours and constant work on the weekend and holidays. She finally had to quit as the stress and workload was way too much.

Most teachers do not get the recognition they deserve, and it's unfortunate that a few bad seeds spoil the profession in the eyes of many (although this is the case with many thing in life).

I'm glad the devils recognize this and had this promotion.

2 tickets to all teachers who brought school i.d. ... what the hell is that about ..rewarding school teachers for what? lol what about rewarding military or law enforcement .. people who deserve to get something back

We honor the military enough at our games, even schmucks who just signed up a week ago and have been stationed at Fort Dix for 2 days. We used to honor guys who received congressional medal of honors and even a Purple Heart or two, and now we go overboard. (And I do agree, we should honor some more law enforcement; there's firefighters and cops ACTUALLY saving American lives everyday who could stand to get a little more recognition).

Our love affair with the military is mainly the reason our country's education system is so messed up and behind. We'd rather send our men and women to guard an oil field in Iraq than reduce our class sizes and hire/train a few more teachers. Then our politicians brainwash and beat into our heads that teachers are lazy and overentitled... gtfohere

I do NOT envy teachers' jobs at all. Especially nowadays, they have to be psychologists/P.C.-crusaders/law enforcement all in one. My mom was a teacher and I would've never swapped places with her, despite me working 12 hour days and having crap benefits. People talk about how hard parenting is; well, teachers have to deal with our sh!tty young generations for 8 a day (and more). You don't just stand there and regurgitate information; if that was all the job was, it'd be a much more attractive profession.

Edited by DJ Eco

We honor the military enough at our games, even schmucks who just signed up a week ago and have been stationed at Fort Dix for 2 days. We used to honor guys who received congressional medal of honors and even a Purple Heart or two, and now we go overboard. (And I do agree, we should honor some more law enforcement; there's firefighters and cops ACTUALLY saving American lives everyday who could stand to get a little more recognition).

Our love affair with the military is mainly the reason our country's education system is so messed up and behind. We'd rather send our men and women to guard an oil field in Iraq than reduce our class sizes and hire/train a few more teachers. Then our politicians brainwash and beat into our heads that teachers are lazy and overentitled... gtfohere

I do NOT envy teachers' jobs at all. Especially nowadays, they have to be psychologists/P.C.-crusaders/law enforcement all in one. My mom was a teacher and I would've never swapped places with her, despite me working 12 hour days and having crap benefits. People talk about how hard parenting is; well, teachers have to deal with our sh!tty young generations for 8 a day (and more). You don't just stand there and regurgitate information; if that was all the job was, it'd be a much more attractive profession.

I agree with the last paragraph. I, however, coming from a military family think you are way off base with the rest and that's all i'll say.The ironic thing about it all in this thread? That a poster who is known for his ineloquence, contradiction and serial misspellings of the same word(s) decided to make any comments at all regarding school teachers.  

Edited by TheRedStorm

Most people dislike teachers unions, not teacher themselves.  That's another debate right there though.

I work and I bust my ass off and of course I feel like I should be earning more than I do.  I would say I make a decent amount but since I am moving into a place next week I always feel like I could earn more.  I mean I think this feeling is shared by pretty much every person on Earth.  However, while military personnel and first responders are risking their lives every day, people such as myself and teachers are pretty safe working at a desk job (as much as you would want to say otherwise, a teaching job is a desk job).  Since teachers then get free tickets, where are mine too?  I work long hours, deal with customers who range from friendly to unreasonable/unrealistic to just plain jerks and I have to do it without losing my cool.  How is that a lot different than teachers?

I always appreciate teachers and I believe a vast majority are good, honest and hard-working people.  However, why do they always get the "untouchable" label thrown at them by a good chunk of society and why are they getting free tickets for a job that is not really far off from what I and most people in the private sector do?

• Like 1

I agree with the last paragraph. I, however, coming from a military family think you are way off base with the rest and that's all i'll say.The ironic thing about it all in this thread? A poster who is known for his ineloquence, contradiction and serial misspellings of the same word(s) decided to take a shot at school teachers.  

I don't think you meant me with this but I was the first to post the question as why do teachers get free tickets and people like me do not?  I think it is a valid question since I think my job and most private sector jobs are not really far off from teaching jobs.

Again it it not a knock on teachers in any way as it is more questioning on why the Devils would single out that profession.

I don't think you meant me with this but I was the first to post the question as why do teachers get free tickets and people like me do not?  I think it is a valid question since I think my job and most private sector jobs are not really far off from teaching jobs.

Again it it not a knock on teachers in any way as it is more questioning on why the Devils would single out that profession.

No, it was not at you DM84.