Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jagknife

Gelinas at Devils' Practice

33 posts in this topic

Rookies and kids need to be let loose. Larsson and Gelinas need to be allowed to play THEIR game.

Rookies and kids need to be let loose. Larsson and Gelinas need to be allowed to play THEIR game.

Agreed. Add JJ, Olesz and Teddy to that list.

Exactly. The problem isn't will we want to move a player to make room; it's who the hell is gonna take our trash?

Lou specifically brought up 2000, when Colin White was very impressive in pre-season but didn't really get into the lineup until later in the year. His spot really opened up when Odelein got traded for the Quint and that whole mess.

Lou specifically brought up 2000, when Colin White was very impressive in pre-season but didn't really get into the lineup until later in the year. His spot really opened up when Odelein got traded for the Quint and that whole mess.

You're pushing my memory. I was 10 in 2000, lol.

But the issue I see is that Sal isn't getting traded, at least I highly doubt it. Volch has a NTC and 2 more years on his crappy deal. Losing Zid to add Merrill or Gelinas isn't a move forward, it's a move sideways and trading Fayne or Greene is a definite step backwards. So where is the room going to be made if someone deserves it?

You're pushing my memory. I was 10 in 2000, lol.

But the issue I see is that Sal isn't getting traded, at least I highly doubt it. Volch has a NTC and 2 more years on his crappy deal. Losing Zid to add Merrill or Gelinas isn't a move forward, it's a move sideways and trading Fayne or Greene is a definite step backwards. So where is the room going to be made if someone deserves it?

Yeah, that's really where we're at. There aren't many moves to make right now. Guys like Sal, Zid, and Volch will miss games, and that's when a Gelinas or Merrill gets a shot, like tonight.

so Gelinas was # 32, now he's # 22. Next year when Zids is gone he'll be #2 and playing every night for us !