Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshall

Gelinas recalled

17 posts in this topic

Albany plays tonight and I can't imagine they'd have him miss an AHL game just to practice with the big club. So if Gelinas doesn't play in the NHL game tomorrow I'll be thoroughly confused.

so Salvador is out... they'll sit Larsson for Gelinas now? 

im joking but wouldnt be surprised if it would happen at this point

i would like to think that gelinas is in for sal because of devils insistence on LH LD and RH RD. For Larsson to get back in, Fayne or Harrold have to come out. God I hope it's Harrold. He has not been good for several games now.

Even if it's just abiding to PDB's LH LD and RH RD fetish like sundstrom alluded to, I'll probably lose my mind if Gelinas plays and Larsson sits.

Larsson is no worse than Harrold. I hope Larsson plays all the time for that matter

i would like to think that gelinas is in for sal because of devils insistence on LH LD and RH RD. For Larsson to get back in, Fayne or Harrold have to come out. God I hope it's Harrold. He has not been good for several games now.

Yeah, I think Harrold's earned a night off, plus he suffered a minor injury - I feel like coaches way undervalue the effect of a minor injury on a fringe-type player.

Did Larsson play RD in his rookie year? I can't remember, but I assume he did. One of the things that really bothers me about NA style hockey is the absurd focus on sticks in the middle.

Did Larsson play RD in his rookie year? I can't remember, but I assume he did. One of the things that really bothers me about NA style hockey is the absurd focus on sticks in the middle.

It makes a massive difference trying to hold pucks in...quickly going up the boards and recieving passes in your own end.

Plenty of guys doing just fine being righthanded shots in the LD position. Poor Seth Jones, put in such a disadvantageous position by the Preds.

Plenty of guys doing just fine being righthanded shots in the LD position. Poor Seth Jones, put in such a disadvantageous position by the Preds.

Except the Devils don't have anyone nearly as good as Weber to cover up for any mistakes.

Well, Gelinas practiced "in", so be prepared to not be surprised.

Except the Devils don't have anyone nearly as good as Weber to cover up for any mistakes.

They make a sh!tload of mistakes with their sticks in the middle.   Who cares at this point

Sal has not been atrocious this year. As long as he plays as advertised, I think we've made the best of a bad situation. PDB has no problem benching Fayne and Larsson, so perhaps a good showing for Gelinas can get Volch bumped out of the starting lineup

The Preds said they didn't want Jones to play LD but they didn't really have a choice.   I'd be curious if it makes a difference, but my guess is that yes, it does - a minor difference, but enough to make fringe-type players worse.