Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chimaira_Devil_#9

Marty would consider a trade to a contender!!!

63 posts in this topic

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/11/martin_brodeur_would_consider_waving_no-trade_if_devils_arent_contenders.html#incart_river_default

I can't help but feel a little disappointed by these comments. Although at the same time it's pretty clear there is no market for Marty.

I’m not looking for that. I want to get back into the playoffs with this team and try to do something with this team. I would say 99 percent I’d say no right now

RELAX your self reading way to much into my man

I hate Chere's headlines. Sensationalist bait-question garbage. The actual quote couldn't have been more respectful and Devils-friendly, but Chere's headline goes for shock value...

I hate Chere's headlines. Sensationalist bait-question garbage. The actual quote couldn't have been more respectful and Devils-friendly, but Chere's headline goes for shock value...

Yep, and he's not worth anything anyway.   What do you get for him... a 5?   Teams have scouts.    Hell, looking at the 2001 Beezer trade, which is a similiar situation, maybe not even that

Edited by maxpower

Agree 100%

Seriously, this is a ridiculously baited question by Chere.  What happens if Marty says he wouldn't waive it? We're all up in arms about him not being a team player. If he refuses to answer, everyone's upset that he refuses to say he'd stay or want to leave.

It's early November. This isn't even remotely relevant until February. Chere's just trying to stir up page views.

There was a time, long, long ago, when Rich Chere was a good beat writer. I think it speaks to the lows that the newspaper industry has fallen the standards that a once proud newspaper like the Star-Ledger is now reduced to.

There was a time, long, long ago, when Rich Chere was a good beat writer. I think it speaks to the lows that the newspaper industry has fallen the standards that a once proud newspaper like the Star-Ledger is now reduced to.

he should write for the NY Post 

Rich chere is an a$$hole... Everyh papers he write about the devils are negative

Cheer with his usual troll job. He was THE Devils beat but TG has been eating his lunch for years. That's why he has to go with angles like this.

Edited by sundstrom

can anyone honestly blame him for any reason... his job with this garbage team which he obviously knows sucks is gone... but no contender is going to be interested in him

Whatever. Non story. But I like the rangers comment and the jab at guys who crossed to the dark side.

Love ya Marty, but there's no sane GM that would acquire Marty to be the starting goaltender in the playoffs. Anyone can see he's pretty much done.

Nonstory.

It's a shame these questions had to be asked so early in the season. Disappointed Brodeur answered truthfully too. I expect the Canadian media to run with it. The hack, Damien Cox already wrote an article a few weeks ago about how Marty should move on from the struggling Devils.

I don't think Marty said one thing that was wrong.  He made it very clear that he really wants it to work out here, first and foremost, with this team.  But he's at least open to the idea of being traded, IF the Devils are out of it later in the season, and IF someone was interested.  Everything he said made sense. 

honestly, these are the types of questions that shouldnt be asked at this early in the season, especially when the team is doing so bad. i agree with the fact that no matter how marty answered it, he would be criticized. maybe i am in the minority but i am glad he would waive it if lou asked. lets face it, we need to stop hanging on to tradition and start building this team.

what are the chances of us getting a higher draft pick for him? i can see a playoff team with inexperience possibly wanting a veteran presence with stanley cup winning pedigree on their bench.

also could there be a demand for a veteran goalie if a playoff team loses their number one and perhaps do not want to have their backup starting in the playoffs?

"YOU WILL DIE FROM THIS!!"

Tourists who attempt to swim in lava will be killed instantly due to the extreme heat. "I never even thought of swimming in here. Its not a big deal to learn you will die from it," said one vacationing tourist.

-Rich Chere

via Pierre LeBrun

Further, Brodeur added he would only consider it if veteran Devils GM Lou Lamoriello approached him about it in the first place.

"It would have to come from Lou, not from me, I would never ask Lou that," Brodeur told ESPN.com. "He would have to ask me. I would do whatever Lou thought was right."

via Pierre LeBrun

Further, Brodeur added he would only consider it if veteran Devils GM Lou Lamoriello approached him about it in the first place.

"It would have to come from Lou, not from me, I would never ask Lou that," Brodeur told ESPN.com. "He would have to ask me. I would do whatever Lou thought was right."

hearing brodeur talk like this goes to show how dark of a time the devils appear to be in he must not have much faith in them and realizes that they do not have any type of a chance this year again.. i guess you cant really blame him for wanting one last shot at another cup.. but that kind of talk from him is sad for sure.

hearing brodeur talk like this goes to show how dark of a time the devils appear to be in he must not have much faith in them and realizes that they do not have any type of a chance this year again.. i guess you cant really blame him for wanting one last shot at another cup.. but that kind of talk from him is sad for sure.

wow I can't believe how different the actual quote is than what I had originally thought

It won't matter anyways since the Devils will be in the playoffs this year.   :thumbsup:

:koolaid:  :koolaid:  :koolaid:  :koolaid:  :koolaid:  :koolaid:  :koolaid: