Jaromir Jagr Quotes Thread

devilsrule33

When a man is this quotable, he deserves his own thread. Feel free to post any quotes so far by Jagr as a Devil and any good ones moving forward.

Is this Jagr's last year playing hockey?

“I’ll tell you one thing, as long as I don’t die, it’s not my last year of playing hockey,” said Jagr, who will turn 42 in February. “I don’t know where I’m gonna play. I don’t know if I’m gonna play U.S. or somewhere else. I’m gonna play. I’ll play until I cannot walk. I love the game too much to leave it.”

Thoughts on the Devils so far:

“I’m happy right now, don’t get me wrong. I’m very happy,” said Jagr, who signed a one-year, $2 million pact with the Devils this offseason. “I love Lou. He’s honest. If you play bad, he’ll tell you. If you play good, he’ll tell you. He’s an honest guy. I have no complaints after signing with the Devils.”

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20131108/SPORTS04/311080041

Edited by devilsrule33

Jaromir Jagr walked into the locker room and saw the media crowded around Cam Janssen as the Devils tough guy talked about scoring a goal for the second time in three games and asked jokingly, “Gretzky got traded here?”

Janssen laughed. Jagr laughed. Everyone laughed.

Jagr was hilarious in the interview...but I still thought Cam should have been the on-ice interview.  How many chances are you going to get to have him do that?

NHLN had Cam on for their interview though. Jagr had a pretty good game, plus they always pick one of the 3 stars for the interview.

@TGfireandice: Jagr: “I said that and I don’t want to sound smart, but I am.”

@TGfireandice: Jagr: "I just know things. I also know we're going to win the Stanley Cup. Dont' tell anybody."

while i do not believe in buying jerseys of guys that aren't here for a while, i may have to make an exception for jagr. this wouldn't exactly be an andreychuk jersey

@TGfireandice: Jagr: “I said that and I don’t want to sound smart, but I am.”

@TGfireandice: Jagr: "I just know things. I also know we're going to win the Stanley Cup. Dont' tell anybody."

while i do not believe in buying jerseys of guys that aren't here for a while, i may have to make an exception for jagr. this wouldn't exactly be an andreychuk jersey

haha guy is a total character in his interviews its great i love it! its too bad hes old as hell i wish we could keep him around for a while.. hope he continues to shine and we can have one more year with him if he stays sharp how hes been.

It's funny...Jagr's almost like the rock star that didn't really enjoy it when he was on top of the world playing in sold-out stadiums, but is having a lot more fun playing in small clubs.  I think he loves the game much more now than he ever did at his peak.   

Hey, does anyone know if Jagr is expected to play in Olympics?  If not it would be a nice little rest for him before the rest of the season.

Tough call.  But I think the player has a better handle on his own body than we do.  So if he feels he can play in the Olympics, I'm cool with it,

Tough call.  But I think the player has a better handle on his own body than we do.  So if he feels he can play in the Olympics, I'm cool with it,

Not playing in the Olympics is def better for an older guy like Jagr. Whether he'd want to pass that up to stay rested for a run in the playoffs is up to him and I don't think I could ever blame a guy for wanting to represent his country, but I would think you feel those extra games if you make a deep run in the playoffs that year.