Jaromir Jagr Quotes Thread

devilsrule33

Yes, yes it does. Still bummed about this decision. Even more so now that they've decided to go with Brodeur as #1.

You can't judge this decision for a while yet.  This isn't the kind of trade you evaluate after a couple of months.  Lou made that deal thinking he found a guy who could be the Devils 60-or-so starts-per-season goalie for the next several seasons...it was made on a leap-of-faith, in that Schneider hasn't been asked to be that so far, so we don't know for sure if he can do it, but he seems like a guy who definitely could.  We all knew this year was going to be a little awkward, as the guy who's still here happens to be a legend, still wants the job, and still has the trust of his head coach (and a long leash to go with that).   

Devils needed a goalie who could be a terrific #1 for years to come and they had to pay a price for it.  It hasn't played out like we all thought YET, but do you really think, even if Marty is kind of the #1 right this second, that he's going to be in the months to come?  There's a good chance he may not even be on the team next year, so how does Brodeur's status in mid-December matter down the road? 

Jagr on Nichushkin: "Maybe it was his best 3 games I watched, but I said, ‘This guy is going to be the best in the world one day.’"...This one stings.

Moreso if you're a Canucks fan if Bo Horvat turns into anything less than a first line forward. 

I was against the trade at the time, because I was wrapped up in the idea of drafting Nichushkin.  You look back on it though, and it's a trade that virtually every GM makes.  Not for nothing that virtually every analyst said the Devils got a steal.

As long as Schneider resigns I won't give it a second thought. I'm not even sure had Lou kept he pick that Nichuskin was going to be the one.

if marty gets signed to another year after this one and things with the goalie situation stay the same... well its pretty much a given that cory is not going to be happy at all hes already voiced not being happy about how things are right now at this point in his career he said he wants to be a #1 goaltender.

resign vs re-sign : Common Errors in English

http://www.beedictionary.com/common-errors/resign_vs_re_sign

lol I know the difference it's just hard to type everything correctly in an iPhone. I apologize if my poor grammar offended you but I assure you when I'm writing scholarly articles I proofread them.

And yes there should have been better punctuation in this post.

• 1 month later...

From Chere's article about Zubrus:

Jagr couldn’t resist.

“He kills every penalty,” Jagr said of Zubrus, before adding, “And he kills all the five-on-fives. He’s just a killer. He’s killing me.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/underrated_dainius_zubrus_typifies_devils_grind-it-out_approach_to_securing_a_playoff_spot.html

• 3 weeks later...

Jagr, who is highly unlikely to be moved before the deadline, joked that he actually hasn’t been involved in many rumors leading up to past trade deadlines “because I was untradeable.”

“Last year, was the only time I was traded,” he said. “Before nobody. I make too much money, man. When you make too much many, you don’t need a no-trade clause.”

:haha2:

Although Jagr has played for seven different teams, he can appreciate what Brodeur has had in playing for only one team for his entire 20-season career.

“It’s like your home. It’s like your house,” Jagr said. “You know every corner of the arena and the dressing room and everybody who works for that organization, so if you have to go somewhere else, it’s going to be different. It doesn’t explain that, but he’ll be back very soon.”

• 2 weeks later...