Jaromir Jagr Quotes Thread

devilsrule33

"With all respect to Brown, I am not that strong, so I think he acted a little bit," Jagr said. "I grabbed him and held him, but I am not 'The Terminator.' "

im just glad the guy didnt get hurt after that hit he didnt look good and we cant afford to lose him going into saturday

"My dad always said when I said “Hey Dad we lost the game but we played good’ and my dad always said, 'You’re not a figure skater. You don’t get points for looking good. You’ve got to score goals.'"

and after that he got 10 slashes and was forced to run 3 miles with a weighted back pack

he was the best guy to have been brought in to try to replace chuk as best as possible.. he is just amazing really and at his age as well.. patty has looked a little dull lately you can tell he still isnt 100% out there yet

No kidding. He's 2 goals away from matching Kovy's entire total in his 37 games last year. 

Oh man, Jagr is working towards being the star of the Winter Series show on NBC Sports, he'll be this year's Bryzgalov (but in good and funny way).

Bryz found a place in my heart after his antics in the 24/7 show lol. I'm much happier that he's in the WC again though. Much easier to like him when he's out there, though it wasn't exactly hard to like him when he was even scoring for us by shooting it off Clarky.

Edited by ATLL765

• 2 weeks later...

Zajac said he was already hearing it from Jagr for failing to covert on his many good scoring chances tonight. Jagr, who has jokingly called Zubrus the “weak link” on their line, even dropped Zajac below Zubrus after tonight’s game. “I’ve already heard,” Zajac said. “I’m back to the No. 3 option on the line after tonight.”

- See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/deboer_thinks_carter_will_be_all_right_henrique_battles_ott_in_ot_brunner_lost_in_line_shuf/#sthash.fyMRkdMO.dpuf

That was just a beautiful save by Enroth imo.  Not much more Zajac could have done on that opportunity.  But Jagr is funny as hell.  Zubrus has been good on that line, but why in the hell does he never shoot?  Zubrus has a very good wrist shot, but like Zajac he never uses it.

“I’m still a kid inside. I like to have fun and I like joke around with the 20-year-olds. That’s how it keeps me younger,” he said.

When asked if he was pleased for Cory Schneider when the goalie won in Carolina, Jagr said: “I’m pleased for everybody. I love everybody on our team. It doesn’t really matter if Marty (Brodeur) or Cory are in the net. They’re both great goaltenders and great guys.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/11/devils_jaromir_jagr_credits_ron_francis_for_much_of_his_early_success.html

While Jagr was talking to the media, Andy Greene came over to inform him his hit-less streak had ended. Jagr had failed to register a hit in the team’s first 25 games, but was credited with one on Jeff Skinner with 35 seconds left in the second period tonight. “That’s a sad thing actually – 26 games without a hit and I had a hit,” he joked. “This is kind of sad. That would be great – 82 games without a hit. I would be a legend.” - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/merrill_happy_to_get_first_nhl_point_several_devils_end_droughts_jagr_fights_through_charley_horse/#sthash.d1Kcc2W2.dpuf
Edited by devilsrule33

• 2 weeks later...

"I got traded (in 2000) from Pittsburgh and had 120 points," Jagr recalled. "They put (Zubrus) on the line and I had 70. So, it was a 50 percent drop. So, it wasn't a good move.

"But after 10 years he's a little bit better."

On my phone so hard to quote the rest TG's blog but he had some other good ones this weekend including how he's still pissed they lost to Columbus and Pitt, and how players need to be ready even when coaches give them the day off.

The guy is just so professional

Edited by dmann422

Of course, the night would not be complete without some jokes from Jagr about Dainius Zubrus.

He said it was no coincidence that he scored when Zubrus was not on the ice.

“It’s a long streak for me without a goal,” Jagr said. “Zubie did a great job to shut me down eight games. Finally, I jumped on the ice when he wasn’t there, so I could break the streak. Hopefully, I can keep scoring.”

One more from Jagr, who leads the Devils with 12 goals, 17 assists and 29 points, about Zubrus.

“I was actually better without him,” Jagr said. “I would have 22 goals right now if he wouldn’t slow me down.”

TG on fire and ice.

Jags is amazing.

My entire life I hated this guy because of the teams he played for. It's awesome to be able to love him now. This guy brings it on and off the ice!

agreed, and at the age of 41 I believe jagr is the best combination of skill and smarts I've ever seen put on the devils jersey. Not to knock patty, who is one of my favorite players ever.