devilsrule33

Jaromir Jagr Quotes Thread

135 posts in this topic

That's exactly what I thought of too when I read Jagr's statements.  I think there is some unwritten on-ice code of conduct that players don't do this to each other, but it happens.

I hear the stick-tap a lot in most games but I'm sure screaming out the player's name is considered crossing the line.

Hah this is great, I forgot about this.

I had trouble remembering exactly which game it happened...I knew it happened during the 2000-01 season, but I wasn't sure if was that playoff game or the 9-0 regular season beating (the one where Madden and McKay each scored four goals). 

I had trouble remembering exactly which game it happened...I knew it happened during the 2000-01 season, but I wasn't sure if was that playoff game or the 9-0 regular season beating (the one where Madden and McKay each scored four goals). 

I think the 9-0 game was in Oct/November time frame and I think Lemieux didn't un-retire until about December.

I think the 9-0 game was in Oct/November time frame and I think Lemieux didn't un-retire until about December.

October 28, 2000...as much as I try to stave it off, things that happened over 10 years ago start to blend together/become fuzzier.   

Major bush league move. Back in the day you'd spit out some chicklets after pulling that move.

Edited by hystyk28

I hear the stick-tap a lot in most games but I'm sure screaming out the player's name is considered crossing the line.

Why is it though? I actually think it's a pretty sweet trick. Pay attention to your surroundings and be sure to whom you drop the puck.

It's ridiculous to call ploys like this bush league or say it violates the "code", whatever that is. If it works even once every 10,000 times, it's worth trying. In a league where the difference between the top teams and bottom feeders isn't a huge gap, anything you can do to gain an advantage should be utilized. If that means pulling a move like this, then that's fine with me. Jagr got beat and it's no one's fault other than his own.

It's ridiculous to call ploys like this bush league or say it violates the "code", whatever that is. If it works even once every 10,000 times, it's worth trying. In a league where the difference between the top teams and bottom feeders isn't a huge gap, anything you can do to gain an advantage should be utilized. If that means pulling a move like this, then that's fine with me. Jagr got beat and it's no one's fault other than his own.

You are commenting on it as a fan. It's as bush league as it comes.