David Clarkson: The Maple Leafs' New Hope

RunninWithTheDevil

If this was his best shot, I'd hate to think how gay bad he looked in the other ones.

I don't call it jumping the shark. I call it players being marketed and sold to the public (albeit it's not done by the team in this case). Clarkson is living the high life in Toronto having an experience he'd never come to having as a Devil.

This is something that just rarely happens when these players are Devils. 

I don't call it jumping the shark. I call it players being marketed and sold to the public (albeit it's not done by the team in this case). Clarkson is living the high life in Toronto having an experience he'd never come to having as a Devil.

True and I hope the new owners and CEO get it through Lou's liver-spotted head that to put more butts in the seats he has got to let up a little with not allowing the players to market themselves a little.

It is kind of funny though that this is their way of marketing him. I remember in all those little Q&A's they used to do here with the players that the guys almost always named Clarkson the worst dressed on the team lol.

Yeah, I have nothing against Clarkson.  It's just a little strange that a fanbase that can't get over itself has this idea that he's this savior. 

You've got an emerging star in Van Reimsdyke that you absolutely stole from the Flyers.  I know he's American and all, but there's a lot more hope with him than in Clarkson.

True and I hope the new owners and CEO get it through Lou's liver-spotted head that to put more butts in the seats he has got to let up a little with not allowing the players to market themselves a little.

you forgot bald patch !   but yeah, some players love the attention...and I'm all for keeping the player happy (here)

but that's just it, if it goes bad for him in Toronto (which it will), that's a low he wouldn't've experienced here.  Even Rolston never got the boo-bird treatment.  Plus you have to live up to these things - granted, Reimer and Bernier are having great years, but if Bernier did something like this and had a bad year, the fans would say:  Send Jonathan Packing!  

but that's just it, if it goes bad for him in Toronto (which it will), that's a low he wouldn't've experienced here.  Even Rolston never got the boo-bird treatment.  Plus you have to live up to these things - granted, Reimer and Bernier are having great years, but if Bernier did something like this and had a bad year, the fans would say:  Send Jonathan Packing!  

Weren't you the one saying that Clarkson wouldn't have to do much and that he probably wasn't going to get booed, in response to many of us saying he was going to have a difficult time if he didn't produce? 

Once the Leaf faithful realize that Clarkson isn't a poor man's Wendel Clark, and that he won't be scoring 25-30 goals for them in any given season (a lot of tremendous puck luck went into that 30 goal campaign), yeah, it will probably start to get ugly for him...but if the Leafs can stay over .500 and competitive, he'll probably get a pass for a while.  But not forever.

If this was his best shot, I'd hate to think how gay bad he looked in the other ones.

Ahaha oh God, is he duck facing..?

Why Clarky, why..and yeah, he definitely looks thin.  Unless that's been touched up (which it probably has), he doesn't even look like a hockey player.  He looks frail.

We need PK's official verdict on this, naturally. 

good for clarky that he gets an opportunity to promote and market himself unlike he would ever be able to do here.

But the truth of the matter-and what I was getting at with my jumping the shark comment-is that clarkson is just not good enough to warrant this much publicity. He's not a lundquist or Crosby or ovechkin. He's David freaking clarkson.

Just like the fonze wasn't cool enough to make jumping the shark cool, clarky isn't good enough to warrant this type of hype.