Food drive this Friday

Blown01NJ

Not once in this thread did anyone mention how it was great that the Devils were generating thousands of cans of food for the Food Bank.  I guess this is the world we live in now...where's my tickets, how can I get as many as possible, how dare they be seats in 100's, don't even think about the 200's Devils.  Get a grip people.

Not once in this thread did anyone mention how it was great that the Devils were generating thousands of cans of food for the Food Bank.  I guess this is the world we live in now...where's my tickets, how can I get as many as possible, how dare they be seats in 100's, don't even think about the 200's Devils.  Get a grip people.

Overreact much?

He's absolutely correct. It was a great night for the food bank and helping people who need it is more important then a bunch of free tickets and where they are at.

Listen, everybody knows it's a great thing the Devils did.  But several places around the world and US do things like this all the time without any recognition at all.

He's right in a bottom-line sense but that's the way the world in general is...the negative's always going to be slanted more than the positive and if you don't believe me check out the local or national news.

Yea I agree.  I'm sure somebody will find a way to spin the Batkid story into some sort negative thing.

Hit too close to home for you?

I hope your mommy doesn't yell at you when out she finds that you took all her soup to the game. What will she make you for lunch now?

1. I didn't go to the game nor did I participate in the food drive.

2. You basically just accused everybody who did participate of being selfish and not caring of the rest of the world.  People asking about how they obtain their free tickets doesn't make them selfish.  Even if they didn't offer a voucher for free tickets, people would still have taken the time to donate food.

3. While I'm not hurt by your pathetic comment, it was still completely unnecessary.

I think I am one of those that came off as selfish, which I was not trying to do. 

I honestly would have brought in food anyway, in fact I brought more than the required 5 items in to get my voucher. 

If it was 2 tickets per voucher I prob wouldnt say anything, but to gather 4 ppl (for me anyways and on a kind-of holiday) it is kinda tough without tickets in hand. 

just sayin....

I think I am one of those that came off as selfish, which I was not trying to do. 

I honestly would have brought in food anyway, in fact I brought more than the required 5 items in to get my voucher. 

If it was 2 tickets per voucher I prob wouldnt say anything, but to gather 4 ppl (for me anyways and on a kind-of holiday) it is kinda tough without tickets in hand. 

just sayin....

It's up to 4 tickets.  You can get 1-3 if you cannot get the people together.

just sayin....

You're a good man. That's why I didn't like hystyk calling "you" out.

You saying I called out Namelesz is actually you calling him out, not me.

Take some time off the board and work on your reading comprehension skills because I

never mentioned anyone by name.

What?

You also seemed to be under the impression I went to the food drive game.  Not once did I ever say I did.  I also never said you did mention any names.  And you tell ME to work on MY reading comprehension skills?

BTW, notice how I put the YOU in quotation marks?  I did that for a reason.  Because I knew you didn't call him out specifically.  You called everybody out asking about their free ticket vouchers.

Edited by Mike Brown

What?

You also seemed to be under the impression I went to the food drive game.  Not once did I ever say I did.  I also never said you did mention any names.  And you tell ME to work on MY reading comprehension skills?

BTW, notice how I put the YOU in quotation marks?  I did that for a reason.  Because I knew you didn't call him out specifically.  You called everybody out asking about their free ticket vouchers.

Yeah, you didn't say you went, but you did say this:

Yea that part pisses me off. Why can't we at least know what section and seat it is? Managent is really starting to piss me off.

Uhh, really, management is pissing you off by not letting other people know where their free damn tickets are gonna be? Management can tell everyone to shove it and anyone who doesn't want their voucher because it'll be boo hoo too hard to find friends to go, can give theirs to me because I'm not a whiner and I will either find people or sell em the old fashioned way, by standing outside holding tickets, mumbling to people as they walk by!

Edited by ATLL765

What?

Yea that part pisses me off. Why can't we at least know what section and seat it is? Managent is really starting to piss me off.

Uhh, really, management is pissing you off by not letting other people know where their free damn tickets are gonna be? Management can tell everyone to shove it and anyone who doesn't want their voucher because it'll be boo hoo too hard to find friends to go, can give theirs to me because I'm not a whiner and I will either find people or sell em the old fashioned way, by standing outside holding tickets, mumbling to people as they walk by!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, down goes Brown!  :doh1:
Edited by TheRedStorm

1. My free ticket had nothing to do with the food drive.

2. The only reason I want to know is because it's only one seat and I might not be able to go. I have a friend who would go, but he wants to bring his gf. He's willing to pay for her ticket. Unfortunately since I don't know which seat it is, he won't know which seat to buy for his gf.

3. Management came out and basically accused all STH of bring brokers. So they made a policy to ensure we can't maximize our profit if we were to use the resale market. Most STH aren't looking to make profit when they sell their seats. I took a $250 hit last year and I'm fine with that.

FYI, I will prob post my voucher # to someone here if I know I am not going.

Cuz I lubs this forum and the ppl here so much! :wub:

:cheers:

I am going to have a free ticket for the Canes game the night before Thanksgiving. Its only a single, but if I can't go, I'll gladly give it to somebody.

1. My free ticket had nothing to do with the food drive.

2. The only reason I want to know is because it's only one seat and I might not be able to go. I have a friend who would go, but he wants to bring his gf. He's willing to pay for her ticket. Unfortunately since I don't know which seat it is, he won't know which seat to buy for his gf.

3. Management came out and basically accused all STH of bring brokers. So they made a policy to ensure we can't maximize our profit if we were to use the resale market. Most STH aren't looking to make profit when they sell their seats. I took a $250 hit last year and I'm fine with that.

So just give/sell the ticket to someone else who will go without having to bring someone. Shouldn't be that difficult especially if you're giving it away. But, it goes back to the point of just not donating food and accepting the ticket without any criticism. It's all a moot point from your end anyway because you weren't involved in the food drive, but you did offer your form of criticism and i think that's what ATLL was getting at. 

Sure, most STH aren't looking to make a profit, they just don't want to eat tickets if they can't go for some reason. Some understand there's no demand for the tickets most of the time unless they're selling them for half or less and others don't. Management knows that you do have those STH that see the Rangers, Flyers, Red Wings and STH events and know it's easy money in their pocket and those are the ones they want cut off. Also, you do get those STH's who fancy themselves as pseudo ticket brokers especially with the ability to buy additional seats/ticket packages.

Edited by TheRedStorm
  • Like 1

So just give/sell the ticket to someone else who will go without having to bring someone. Shouldn't be that difficult especially if you're giving it away. But, it goes back to the point of just not donating food and accepting the ticket without any criticism. It's all a moot point from your end anyway because you weren't involved in the food drive, but you did offer your form of criticism and i think that's what ATLL was getting at. 

Sure, most STH aren't looking to make a profit, they just don't want to eat tickets if they can't go for some reason. Some understand there's no demand for the tickets most of the time unless they're selling them for half or less and others don't. Management knows that you do have those STH that see the Rangers, Flyers, Red Wings and STH events and know it's easy money in their pocket and those are the ones they want cut off. Also, you do get those STH's who fancy themselves as pseudo ticket brokers especially with the ability to buy additional seats/ticket packages.

It's not that easy to give away a single.  Not many people go by themselves.  I'm just one of those weirdos who does.

Regarding the food drive, I think it's a great thing the Devils did.  I think them giving away vouchers for free tickets was more of a Thank You for all those who decided to contribute to the cause.  I don't think everybody who did donate did it just for the free tickets.

Well of course there are people looking to make a profit when they purchase season tickets.  But I think the percentage of STH's who do is a very small percentage.

Regarding the food drive, I think it's a great thing the Devils did.  I think them giving away vouchers for free tickets was more of a Thank You for all those who decided to contribute to the cause.  I don't think everybody who did donate did it just for the free tickets.

This person did and is attempting to turn a few cans of string beans and corn into a quick profit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NJ-NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-UP-TO-4-TICKETS-VS-CAROLINA-HURRICANES-11-27-2013-REDEEM-/131051290961?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1e83440151

And with TWO separate listings, nonetheless.

It's not that easy to give away a single.  Not many people go by themselves.  I'm just one of those weirdos who does.

Well of course there are people looking to make a profit when they purchase season tickets.  But I think the percentage of STH's who do is a very small percentage.

they would have collected a lot less food if they didnt offer something to award people to donate to the drive.. many people like myself would not have even attended had it not be for the opportunity to get tickets for another game at the cost of a donation... especially when you have the drive on a friday and a more attractive opponent on the night right after.. this was clearly an attempt to attract as many people to the friday night game as possible by offering the voucher..and im sure it worked but the atmosphere in the building was one of the worst so far this season and it was quite empty as well.