GDT: Devils @ Ducks 10PM

PWW

I also think some guys like fayne who are sitting often then get in a game due to injury or just to rest another guy feel like they have to make a mark on the game to warrant the coach to keep them in the lineup.

They may take a few more risks to try to make something happen than if they knew they had a solid spot in the lineup.

Maybe so. I think Fayne actually does a good job of pinching at the right times, which is basically just knowing whether you can get to the puck before the other guy. I agree that him being in and out of the lineup would effect him. Not sure if it's him trying to impress or if it's just he can't get into a groove always being in and out.

What I don't get is how he goes from playing with Greene against top lines to sitting in the press box. That's what is baffling to me. I just don't think he's lost whatever he had two years ago to the point where he deserves this treatment.

Maybe so. I think Fayne actually does a good job of pinching at the right times, which is basically just knowing whether you can get to the puck before the other guy. I agree that him being in and out of the lineup would effect him. Not sure if it's him trying to impress or if it's just he can't get into a groove always being in and out.

What I don't get is how he goes from playing with Greene against top lines to sitting in the press box. That's what is baffling to me. I just don't think he's lost whatever he had two years ago to the point where he deserves this treatment.

two words...Pete Deboer

I also don't think JJ should be rotting away......does anybody know if he's still alive? 

two words...Pete Deboer

I also don't think JJ should be rotting away......does anybody know if he's still alive? 

Also agree there. JJ is better at everything than Lil Gio. He's worth having in if only for the PK where he actually looks like he belongs compared to the stretching and waving the stick while way out of position that Gio does.

Also agree there. JJ is better at everything than Lil Gio. He's worth having in if only for the PK where he actually looks like he belongs compared to the stretching and waving the stick while way out of position that Gio does.

I wish Debo put JJ in on a line with Teddy for a few games (sit Cam and Gio) I think Teddy and JJ could mesh like Larsson and Gelinas did when Gelly started playing a few games back. It seemed to make Larsson way more comfortable...and I bet the Teddy/JJ thing could work........I mean we need all the offense we can get.

It might work, if you had a physical, at least semi-skilled RW'er to balance out the line the way Clarkson did in late '10/11 when he was put with Josefson/Tedenby.  But we don't really have that player.  Cam's just physical and Clowe's staying in Chris Pronger's condo for a while.

Edited by NJDevs26

It might work, if you had a physical, at least semi-skilled RW'er to balance out the line the way Clarkson did in late '10/11 when he was put with Josefson/Tedenby.  But we don't really have that player.  Cam's just physical and Clowe's staying in Chris Pronger's condo for a while.

Bernier says hello.