The Schneider and Marty disparity.

Mike Brown

At a loss on this one.  Marty has played well, exceeded expectations, but Schneider has been terrific and deserves to play too.  This is bullsh!t. 

This sucks for Cory and I do wonder if the frustration of this season...and maybe next year (?) will make him look to go somewhere that gives him huge cash and a 100% guaranteed starters role. He deserves to be a starter in this league for 25 teams easily, and probably this one too. Well, he is good enough anyway. 

For a full year, he thought the Canucks were going to trade Luongo, so he could be the full-time starter. Then he goes, and he seemed so happy still about the trade. I always wondered why. I guess he really thought he would be the starter in NJ, because there is no way he would have been that happy to continue to be the backup.

This is unacceptable, and reading Schneider's quotes enrages me.

The quote is irrelevant. I didn't need Schneider to tell me he is frustrated to know that he is frustrated. Of course he is going to be when he has fantastic numbers and saved this team's ass in LA...and he can't get another start. It isn't like he called over the media to air his grievances. They asked about it, and he was honest.

It's just the fact that he has been put in a situation to be frustrated...that is fvcking frustrating. 

At this point I hope Marty takes a dump tonight.

I can't ever root against Marty.

And I can't worry about Cory not getting a start in November 2013 possibly leading to his departure in 2015.  Marty is simply not going to play forever, especially at this level...he could be the backup in a month or two, and all of this will be forgotten.

But that doesn't mean I agree with this decision one bit.  I don't.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Pete truly believes Marty gives us the best chance to win... I don't necessarily disagree, but if he gives up a soft goal like the one to Kane there has to be consequences. I would play Schneider for that reason.

Anyone saying we have to play Schneider to keep him happy has either not been following the devils and Lou lamoriello for the past 20 years or is very naive.

The quote is irrelevant. I didn't need Schneider to tell me he is frustrated to know that he is frustrated. Of course he is going to be when he has fantastic numbers and saved this team's ass in LA...and he can't get another start. It isn't like he called over the media to air his grievances. They asked about it, and he was honest.

It's just the fact that he has been put in a situation to be frustrated...that is fvcking frustrating.

Yep. Thanks Pete.

Pete truly believes Marty gives us the best chance to win... I don't necessarily disagree, but if he gives up a soft goal like the one to Kane there has to be consequences. I would play Schneider for that reason.

Anyone saying we have to play Schneider to keep him happy has either not been following the devils and Lou lamoriello for the past 20 years or is very naive.

I pretty much agree with all of this. I think there needs to be a very slow transition from Marty to Cory, but tonights decision just doesn't make much sense.

You're getting your wish.  Schneider may one day start, perhaps when he is 41 years old.

I've pushed all along that Cory needs to be earn the spot to avoid locker room problems, but at this point, I'm not sure what else the guy can do. He's been top notch in just about every start. With Marty coming off 2 losses, tonight was the perfect night to let Schneider try to pick up some momentum.

Deboer has to stop acting like the end of this whole thing is in doubt. It's obvious that Schneider can start in this league, and Marty is on his farewell tour. I don't get Deboer's logic here.

Maybe it has something to do with giving Marty the start at home, and Cory on the road. Could be that the two were going to split the home and home anyway. 

The goaltending just hasn't been an area where PDB is stubbornly sticking to his guns, like with Gionta. It was only when Marty completely redeemed himself that it even went back to something close to an even split.  You could have named either of them the starters for Winnipeg based on how they played on the west coast trip. 

I've pushed all along that Cory needs to be earn the spot to avoid locker room problems, but at this point, I'm not sure what else the guy can do. He's been top notch in just about every start. With Marty coming off 2 losses, tonight was the perfect night to let Schneider try to pick up some momentum.

Deboer has to stop acting like the end of this whole thing is in doubt. It's obvious that Schneider can start in this league, and Marty is on his farewell tour. I don't get Deboer's logic here.

The problem is that Marty is playing well, which is probably something they didn't bank on.   Pete is an odd dude and can come up for some weird justifications for things, if given the opportunity.   And he likes his vets, I mean Gionta plays when there's no statistical basis for him to be playing over anyone.   God forbid he did have a statistical basis, that's kind of what you have here,

It's just weird not getting another game after stealing the Kings game.    But again, that comes back to Marty, you'd think him being thrown to the wolves against the Sharks would get him out of the net for a week or so.   Yet, he doesn't get destroyed like he should

Yeah, this makes no damn sense. I've supported playing Marty while he's winning, but he lost 2 in a row. This is the perfect game to give Schneider. I like a lot about Deboer, but I'm starting to see his why he frustrated so many people in Florida. He refuses to change his mind.

Yeah, i'm not part of the fire deboer crew but he's definitely frustrating a LOT of players the same way. Sitting them just so they can watch veterans playing instead of them leaving them thinking "Why the fvck is he playing and me sitting?"

The worst is that most of those players are ones that we should at least "try" to keep happy. Not that you want to turn them into a bunch of princesses and that you have to be scared to hurt someones feeling, but the frustrating part is that in 75% of those cases, it obviously not the right called based on the play of the players involvded

Schneider, Larsson, Fayne, Josefson has to be the most frustrated guys in the group. 

Yeah, i'm not part of the fire deboer crew but he's definitely frustrating a LOT of players the same way. Sitting them just so they can watch veterans playing instead of them leaving them thinking "Why the fvck is he playing and me sitting?"

The worst is that most of those players are ones that we should at least "try" to keep happy. Not that you want to turn them into a bunch of princesses and that you have to be scared to hurt someones feeling, but the frustrating part is that in 75% of those cases, it obviously not the right called based on the play of the players involvded

Schneider, Larsson, Fayne, Josefson has to be the most frustrated guys in the group. 

........so your avatar there.......

At some point you'd think one of the guys who's always being benched so Pete's Pets can stay in the lineup would just tell DeBoer how it is. Play me every night or get me the fvck outta here. There have to be some very frustrated guys that have a right to say something.

I know brunner hasnt been good or done a single thing..but to have him out for cam who plays 5 minutes a game is idiotic.