GDT: Jets @ Devils 7PM

ThreeCups

Merrill played OK for only his second real NHL game. I noticed him miss a couple pucks sent back his way that he needed to keep in the zone but they went past him, costing the team some needed attack time. 

In fact I noticed alot of failed passes and the team seemed lead footed most of the game, at least to me. I see others posting or PDBs interview saying that the team played well....I just didn't see it from my seats.

2 big back2back division games coming, I bet we split the games with Carolina...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all the years i have been going to games, last night was by ar the most unispiring effort I have seen, what a friggin bore fest!!

No life on the ice , no life inthe building.!!!

Um.  The effort wasn't the problem last night.  It was simply their execution.  If you want a true lack of effort, look at the Flyers game.

In all the years i have been going to games, last night was by ar the most unispiring effort I have seen, what a friggin bore fest!!

No life on the ice , no life inthe building.!!!

thats the way its been in that building so far this season ..ive only missed two games one earlier in the season and last nights .. but my god i remember specifically that friday night kings game.. what a drag it was like one of the most boring sporting events ive ever been to(professional) the team hasnt been great and the crowd hasnt either.

It's a team that hasn't been dreadful from a record standpoint, and they score the occasional pretty goal, but in general it's definitely far from being an electrifying team...they can look ugly, old, and slow, all at the same time, and like the least likely NHL team to score a goal.  They're not going to excite much. 

Of course, as long as they win more than they lose, and compete for a playoff berth, they can get away with that. 

The lack of productions by the forwards is frightening...Jagr and Elias are each at .75 points per game (about what can really be expected from either one at best), then no other forward is even close to .5 points per game...hell, no other forward is even at .4 points per game.    

i think he played the half season last year was on pace for 60-70 points

i mean hes what 31, his durability is an issue and wed have to give up too much for what might be short term

but yeah he can rip it and hes a warm body right now

edit: and yeah seller's market and all.

Edited by lazer

It's a team that hasn't been dreadful from a record standpoint, and they score the occasional pretty goal, but in general it's definitely far from being an electrifying team...they can look ugly, old, and slow, all at the same time, and like the least likely NHL team to score a goal. They're not going to excite much.

I understand where you coming from with this but I just think it's bad timing posting after last night... If anything we looked like the more offensively dynamic team and were much more aggressive and successful on the forecheck.

You can complain about a lack of finish all you want but the jets are supposed to be one of the faster teams in the league and we outplayed them in every way. They got a soft goal is all.

If we put that effort in every night (and avoid games like the kings and flyers games) we will see more wins.

i think he played the half season last year was on pace for 60-70 points

i mean hes what 31, his durability is an issue and wed have to give up too much for what might be short term

but yeah he can rip it and hes a warm body right now

edit: and yeah seller's market and all.

He had 32 points in 44 games last year. On track for about 60 points. He's good, but I wouldn't take him for anything more than $5M since at best we'll be getting 70 games out of him each year and man did he look bad in Montreal. If you take away his two 80+ point seasons, it looks more like he's a 50-55 point guy.

i think devils need clowe back to screen some shots from the outside. create traffic.

on camm, devils need that game breaker; camm maybe not the guy but hes available and lou loves the last name

what he would look like on the devils is hard to say hes played on some pretty sh!tty teams.

he'd be alright to have now (cause we cant score goals) but I wouldnt go after him...I think he's past his prime...and we have enough of those types

I understand where you coming from with this but I just think it's bad timing posting after last night... If anything we looked like the more offensively dynamic team and were much more aggressive and successful on the forecheck.

You can complain about a lack of finish all you want but the jets are supposed to be one of the faster teams in the league and we outplayed them in every way. They got a soft goal is all.

If we put that effort in every night (and avoid games like the kings and flyers games) we will see more wins.

My response had more to do with Sik02gt's comments about the crowds at games than anything that happened specifically last night.  Like I said in a previous post, this team has been held to one goal or less in 9 games (out of 24).  That's a problem.  But, this team can play defense and do a good job keeping pucks out of the net (their GA is bloated by ENGA and phantom SO goals).  That keeps them competitive, and provided they continue to do that, the team should at least remain around NHL-.500.  The downside is, unless they can cut down on the 1-or-less nights (9 games out of 24 is a lot), it's going to be hard for them to go on the kind of sustained runs you need to start getting to several games over NHL-.500.  Like we've all said, hopefully some of the many forwards who aren't scoring, start to.   

thats the way its been in that building so far this season ..ive only missed two games one earlier in the season and last nights .. but my god i remember specifically that friday night kings game.. what a drag it was like one of the most boring sporting events ive ever been to(professional) the team hasnt been great and the crowd hasnt either.

The Pens game was the best atmosphere this year easily.

It's a team that hasn't been dreadful from a record standpoint, and they score the occasional pretty goal, but in general it's definitely far from being an electrifying team...they can look ugly, old, and slow, all at the same time, and like the least likely NHL team to score a goal. They're not going to excite much.

Of course, as long as they win more than they lose, and compete for a playoff berth, they can get away with that.

The lack of productions by the forwards is frightening...Jagr and Elias are each at .75 points per game (about what can really be expected from either one at best), then no other forward is even close to .5 points per game...hell, no other forward is even at .4 points per game.

For what its worth my Sharks fan friends who went with me to watch the game on Saturday said they got their money worth for the entertainment and not because Sharks won but because the game was fun

For what its worth my Sharks fan friends who went with me to watch the game on Saturday said they got their money worth for the entertainment and not because Sharks won but because the game was fun

I like those Shark fans.....the place really applauded when Marty got up after that puck hit him in the back of the neck