lazer

Devils @ Canes 7:PM

186 posts in this topic

Toronto sucks?

Some numbers definitely point to that.  They get outshot by 10 shots per game.  They're giving up a league-worst 36 shots per game as well. 

Their 14-9-3 record looks good at a glance, but their constantly getting outshot and outchanced is catching up with them, and with their goalies' save%s coming down, their luck is running out.  The Leafs are 4-5-3 in their last 12 games.  Since starting the season 6-1-0, they're only 8-8-3.   

In their last 14 games, they've cracked more than 30 shots-for twice.  They gave up 34+ 11 times (43+ 5 times).  The goalies stopping about 94% of the shots helped them off a good start, but lately it's been closer to 91%.  Not good for the Leafs. 

Some numbers definitely point to that.  They get outshot by 10 shots per game.  They're giving up a league-worst 36 shots per game as well. 

Their 14-9-3 record looks good at a glance, but their constantly getting outshot and outchanced is catching up with them, and with their goalies' save%s coming down, their luck is running out.  The Leafs are 4-5-3 in their last 12 games.  Since starting the season 6-1-0, they're only 8-8-3.   

In their last 14 games, they've cracked more than 30 shots-for twice.  They gave up 34+ 11 times (43+ 5 times).  The goalies stopping about 94% of the shots helped them off a good start, but lately it's been closer to 91%.  Not good for the Leafs. 

Mirtle had a good piece on this but the gist is essentially this: Leafs score 2.48 goals per game this season. If Reimer and Bernier together pitch a good .920 SV% for the rest of the season, that's still 3+ goals against per game given how many shots they're seeing. 

I want to get another dog just so I can name it Jagr :) He has always been a favorite of mine, but to see him in our jersey and watch him dominate game after game is a really awesome thing. Honestly, I hope he sticks around past this season if he wants to.

Last night was damn fun to watch. A roller coaster type game until the third. Watching Jagr score is pretty awesome, the guy just loves it. Great night for a few of the other guys that needed to get on the score sheet too. I'm a big fan of Loktionov and hope that BRL line can do some things worthy of a funny line name.

jagr is such a freak, I keep yelling at my son not to bend at the waist and to cut down his stick, So all jagr does is lean at the waist with a super long stick. 

"i learned it by watching Jagr"

themoreyouknowshootingstar_zps9ddf9000.g

yes i listened to 10hrs of peanut butter jelly time.

cant listen to that citi commercial for one second.