GDT: Reid Boucher called up vs MTL 7pm @ ROCK

DevilMinder

Cory Schneider will start in net tonight.

Here’s the line combinations and defense pairs from this morning.

Forwards: Dainius Zubrus-Travis Zajac-Jaromir Jagr; Reid Boucher-Patrik Elias-Steve Bernier; Damien Brunner-Adam Henrique-Michael Ryder; Tim Sestito-Jacob Josefson-Cam Janssen. Extras: Mattias Tedenby, Andrei Loktionov.

Defensemen: Andy Greene-Mark Fayne; Anton Volchenkov-Marek Zidlicky; Eric Gelinas-Jon Merrill; Peter Harrold.

Goaltenders: Cory Schneider, Martin Brodeur.

From TG at Fire and Ice.

I like Cam , but seeing him and Sestito on the ice over Adrei Loktianov and Tedenby is really dissapointing.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

A few comparisons, if you will, to age 20 Devils (in their Y+3 draft year) in the AHL:

Reid Boucher:  21 GP, 10 G, 8 A, 18 P

Nicklas Bergfors:  66 GP, 12 G, 15 A, 27 P

Pierre Dagenais:  69 GP, 17 G, 13 A, 30 P

Patrik Elias:  57 GP, 24 G, 43 A, 67 P

Jiri Bicek:  79 GP, 15 G, 45 A, 60 P

Petr Sykora:  43 GP, 20 G, 25 A, 45 P

Bill Guerin:  22 GP, 13 G, 10 A, 23 P

Vadim Sharifjianov:  70 GP, 14 G, 27 A, 41 P

Don't have shots on goal data for any of these besides Bergfors, but yeah.

Seems encouraging.  I wonder whether there was a dead-puck era in the AHL that closely tracked when it started in the NHL. 

From TG at Fire and Ice.

I like Cam , but seeing him and Sestito on the ice over Adrei Loktianov and Tedenby is really dissapointing.

Tedenby is basically dead weight at this point.  So I could even live with Janssen being in over him.  The chances that Janssen getting into a fight that sparks the team is about the same, if not greater, then Tedenby actually scoring a goal. 

A few comparisons, if you will, to age 20 Devils (in their Y+3 draft year) in the AHL:

Reid Boucher:  21 GP, 10 G, 8 A, 18 P

Nicklas Bergfors:  66 GP, 12 G, 15 A, 27 P

Pierre Dagenais:  69 GP, 17 G, 13 A, 30 P

Patrik Elias:  57 GP, 24 G, 43 A, 67 P

Jiri Bicek:  79 GP, 15 G, 45 A, 60 P

Petr Sykora:  43 GP, 20 G, 25 A, 45 P

Bill Guerin:  22 GP, 13 G, 10 A, 23 P

Vadim Sharifjianov:  70 GP, 14 G, 27 A, 41 P

Don't have shots on goal data for any of these besides Bergfors, but yeah.

Looks like the closest comparable for PPG were Guerin and Sykora. Obviously not necessarily comparable as players, but that's pretty good company to be in.

@TGfireandice: Elias on Boucher: "Let’s not put pressure on him. We just need a hat trick. That’s all.”

Actually this is why I love patty ...

@TGfireandice: Elias on Boucher: "Let’s not put pressure on him. We just need a hat trick. That’s all.”

Bah beat me to it lol.

Ps I know the kid is a goal scorer but heard he's slow or can't skate well.

Little worried do to the quicker nature of the NHL.

Bah beat me to it lol.

Apparently we are just both bored at work.

Great quote tho.

A hat trick..that would be nice

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, because I really do hope Reid can do some damage at the NHL level, but it really bothers me that Josefson is the one that gets scratched because of this. If anyone, Josefson is the guy who deserves a chance playing in the top 6 this year. I don't know what it is about DeBoer, but it really seems like he won't give some players the opportunities they deserve.

Seems encouraging.  I wonder whether there was a dead-puck era in the AHL that closely tracked when it started in the NHL. 

Tedenby is basically dead weight at this point.  So I could even live with Janssen being in over him.  The chances that Janssen getting into a fight that sparks the team is about the same, if not greater, then Tedenby actually scoring a goal. 

i was more dissapointed with Loktianov sitting, although i still feel Tednby can improve if given the chance. What is Sestito going to bring?

Quote of the month:

Boucher said Lamoriello told him "remember there's two zones." Elias pointed out "there's three."

Amazing

Actually this is why I love patty ...

Double Amazing

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, because I really do hope Reid can do some damage at the NHL level, but it really bothers me that Josefson is the one that gets scratched because of this. If anyone, Josefson is the guy who deserves a chance playing in the top 6 this year. I don't know what it is about DeBoer, but it really seems like he won't give some players the opportunities they deserve.

He isnt scratched, he is playing that vital role of player on the 4th line who can play hockey.

And he's still running Janssen and Sestito out there. It's really inexplicable. There aren't two more useless hockey players on planet earth than Can Janssen and Tim Sestito.

I don't really see what Josefson has done to merit a role in the top 6.  Playing, sure (although those territorial numbers are kinda ugly, and they're not Cam Janssen's fault either).  Top 6?  Josefson hasn't demonstrated the offensive ability for that.

Josefson looked so good for a while there, too.  Really had high hopes for him to become a solid 3C / 2C when necessary.  Now it's looking like he might not even stick on a 4th line.

And yeah, Tedenby's pretty useless.  Two first round busts, oh well.