GDT: Reid Boucher called up vs MTL 7pm @ ROCK

DevilMinder

I'm confused as to why anyone sticks up for Josefson or Tedenby.

They just take up space.

Disagree on Josefson. I don't think it's a coincidence that the PK has been better with JJ on it than Gio. Teds I can take or leave.

Edited by PWW

Disagree on Josefson. I don't think it's a coincidence that the PK has been better with JJ on it than Gio. Teds I can take or leave.

yeah I think josefson has looked solid in his limited minutes despite playing with rocks in either side of him.

If lokti isn't in jj deserves some 3rd line minutes.

The chances that Janssen getting into a fight that sparks the team is about the same, if not greater, then Tedenby actually scoring a goal. 

The notion that a fight between two players, one from each team, can somehow be used to spark *your* team to perform better is so completely absurd it boggles the mind.

The notion that a fight between two players, one from each team, can somehow be used to spark *your* team to perform better is so completely absurd it boggles the mind.

You'd be surprised. Non-staged fights that result from things coming to a head in a game can have a real rallying effect on a team. It can also serve as a 'release valve' if things are getting too chippy.

The point was to emphasize that Tedenby is useless, not that sparking a team is real or not. 

Someone tried to quantify the pumping up effect, and found there was no corolation, for what it's worth.

You'd be surprised. Non-staged fights that result from things coming to a head in a game can have a real rallying effect on a team. It can also serve as a 'release valve' if things are getting too chippy.

The idea is that since both teams are involved in the fight, it's not possible for both teams to benefit from it.

Lol I was just thinking this. They finally have an exciting team and we take all their players from them.

Not like we don't need 'em.  Nice to see a guy like Gelinas holding his own. 

Not like we don't need 'em. Nice to see a guy like Gelinas holding his own.

oh no disagreement on that. We needed gelinas and Merrill and they've been great so far.

It just must suck to be one of albany's 50 or so fans- they finally have a competitive team and not only do we take their best skill guys, we take the heart and soul type guys in sestito and Janssen too.

I'm excited to finally see Boucher. Let's see what he can do.

I'd also love to see Matteau, especially if Clowe isn't coming back for awhile.

Zubs Zajac Jagr

Henrique Elias Boucher

Bernier Loktionov Ryder

Carter Josefson Matteau

Edit: Looks like Clowe's gonna be back soon, so nevermind that. Put him on the third line maybe, see how JJ does with Bernier and Carter.

Edited by mouse

i got upper level, center ice for $11.95 after fees

Damn, wish I didn't have to go to class.

Excited to see Boucher tonight. I've been cautiously optimistic about him since he broke out last year but with how well he's been doing in the AHL and the NHL team struggling to score, why not? I like that they put him on a line with Elias and Bernier. Hope he gets some PP time with his insane shot.