GDT. Rangers vs Devils

pumpkin cutter

I'm not defending Rags fans, because they're a special level of obnoxiously stupid, but their broadcasters make them stupider. Apparently, Rosen claimed Cam's goal should have been disallowed. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the rules of hockey knows that wasn't a distinct kicking motion. If I'd grown up listening to the moron homers who call Rags games, I might not understand hockey either. I know Chico can be a homer (and no goalie has ever been at fault in his mind), but our broadcasters to a pretty good job explaining what happened, even if it doesn't favor the Devils.

What I want to know is what is Rosen smoking to think Cam could handle kicking the puck while stopping like that? And can I have some?

What I want to know is what is Rosen smoking to think Cam could handle kicking the puck while stopping like that? And can I have some?

To be fair, I thought it be waived off and that's because I've learned that whatever you think it'll be, the replay offices will do the opposite. For every goal with a possible kicking motion you've seen reviewed and called a goal, you've also seen it be reviewed and called no goal. 

I think they showed replays from different games to show pretty much identical plays  being called different things. And that was actually the first reviewed kicking goal that went the Devils way. If the ref waived it off, there is a good chance it would have stayed that way.

To be fair, I thought it be waived off and that's because I've learned that whatever you think it'll be, the replay offices will do the opposite. For every goal with a possible kicking motion you've seen reviewed and called a goal, you've also seen it be reviewed and called no goal. 

I think they showed replays from different games to show pretty much identical plays  being called different things. And that was actually the first reviewed kicking goal that went the Devils way. If the ref waived it off, there is a good chance it would have stayed that way.

Personally, I've felt as if they've gotten a lot more consistent with it. I was just saying that I don't think Cam could try to kick the puck while stopping without flopping over, lol.

I remember an epic Parise goal vs. Islanders (with like 10 seconds left to a game we were down) similar to this being waived off.

But inversely, I've definitely seen way more examples of it being called a good goal. The Parise no-goal call was more of a fluke than this being called a good one. 

I remember an epic Parise goal vs. Islanders (with like 10 seconds left to a game we were down) similar to this being waived off.

But inversely, I've definitely seen way more examples of it being called a good goal. The Parise no-goal call was more of a fluke than this being called a good one. 

Was it recent that they clarified the rule with the directing=ok, but kick motion=bad? I can't recall if that was added or if it was always like that. If it was added, I'd bet that is what has led to the more consistent calls on this.

That goal wasn't that similar.  The Parise goal involved a stationary puck.  This one involved a moving puck.  The only way to move a stationary puck with your foot is to kick it.

Was it recent that they clarified the rule with the directing=ok, but kick motion=bad? I can't recall if that was added or if it was always like that. If it was added, I'd bet that is what has led to the more consistent calls on this.

Yeah, and Cangi explained this, then added that the coaches all knew the change, so Vignuealt had no business complaining. Either Rosen never bothers to keep up with the rules of the sport he's paid to cover, or (more likely imo) MSG has told him to fan the flames of his moron fans rather than reporting the facts. Rags fans would much rather be victims of BRUTAL calls than understand the game.

They seriously hate losing to us more than we hate losing to them. When they lose to us, it makes them rage. So much entertainment.

I really think they are delusional. I went out the night after with my Henrique Reebok Devils player shirt and all I got was stupid comments from Rangers fans. They claim that our fan base "clutches on to our 3 cups" when in facts its been years since we won anything. I constantly get the low attendance comments, the no fans comments, the marty is old comments, and the jagr will break down comments

I really think they are delusional. I went out the night after with my Henrique Reebok Devils player shirt and all I got was stupid comments from Rangers fans. They claim that our fan base "clutches on to our 3 cups" when in facts its been years since we won anything. I constantly get the low attendance comments, the no fans comments, the marty is old comments, and the jagr will break down comments

Well Jagr is 41, so it's not out of place for them to assume he'll slow down eventually.  Regarding attendance, I always say at least we get 15,000 real fans in our building and not 18,000 suits.

The best way I've found to deal with rangers fans is to just not engage them. They all know deep down what the reality is and them constantly grabbing onto any way of putting us down is just further proof of that.

Anytime I get a comment I just smile and say "yeah sure, if you say so"... It's seems to piss them off more.

Says the fanbase who holds onto 1994 like it happened last year.

The best way I've found to deal with rangers fans is to just not engage them. They all know deep down what the reality is and them constantly grabbing onto any way of putting us down is just further proof of that.

Anytime I get a comment I just smile and say "yeah sure, if you say so"... It's seems to piss them off more.

That's what I do.

Says the fanbase who holds onto 1994 like it happened last year.

Last year? More like yesterday.

Since we beat the Rangers, I think they have officially lost it as a fan base.

I severely underestimated how much they hate losing to us. More than they hate losing to the Flyers, the Isles, anyone... They're RABID... I'm seeing people call Callahan a bum, and the Henrik-hate has already begun post-contract; he's like their Kovalchuk figure, very polarizing, all after one bad weekend.

If they beat us 2-0 on Saturday, all of that stuff is held at bay.

A loss to the Predators tonight would probably send them over the cliff. What's definitely not helping is their home record. Your .500 record gets magnified when most of the losses are coming at home, especially considering the raised ticket prices; it costs a fortune to go to that building and see them play like sh!t.

Edited by DJ Eco

Did you really think you were going to get smart comments?

I don't really see Devils fans hanging on to 1995, 2000, or 2003 at all.  I have NEVER seen another organization, or their fans, in ANY league hang on to a championship the way the Rangers hang on to '94.  It truly is a phenomenon all their own.  The Jets' 1969 Super Bowl win was far more historic in the grand scheme, but I don't hear Jet fans or see the Jet organization constantly re-celebrating that one. 

The Rag-faithful dummies will also tell you that they're better than the Devils...pretty funny, considering that 1) the Devils have now beaten them three times this season (twice in their own building), and 2) have scored the same number of goals (69) and given up 8 less (Rags 80, Devils 72 when phantom SO goals are eliminated).  They do have an odd way of looking at things.

Funny you guys are talking about how Rangers fans still hang onto 1994. As I mentioned a few pages back in this thread, a Rangers season ticket holder friend of mine let me go with him to this game. And during one of the TV timeouts, guess who the team trotted out -- none other than Stephane Matteau. I kid you not; they even replayed his famous goal from the 1994 ECF on the video screen.

I turned to my friend and asked if they do stuff like that during every game. He asked why, and I told him how Devils fans like to bust on the Rangers for still continuously celebrating 1994.

Funny you guys are talking about how Rangers fans still hang onto 1994. As I mentioned a few pages back in this thread, a Rangers season ticket holder friend of mine let me go with him to this game. And during one of the TV timeouts, guess who the team trotted out -- none other than Stephane Matteau. I kid you not; they even replayed his famous goal from the 1994 ECF on the video screen.

I turned to my friend and asked if they do stuff like that during every game. He asked why, and I told him how Devils fans like to bust on the Rangers for still continuously celebrating 1994.

I heard about that. Mike Morreale from NHL.com tweeted about it, here's my response:

https://twitter.com/DJ_Eco/status/409591050790252544

Henrique. Its over. Soooo... yeah. Lmfao, I mean seriously. The density over there is nothing short of overflowing.

On the NHL.com thread post-game, any Devils fan that wrote "Henrique! It's over!" was followed up by 2 or 3 dumb Rangers fans writing "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" like it still bothers us. Like they were even alive for that moment (chances are, they weren't, or at least don't remember).

On the NHL.com thread post-game, any Devils fan that wrote "Henrique! It's over!" was followed up by 2 or 3 dumb Rangers fans writing "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" like it still bothers us. Like they were even alive for that moment (chances are, they weren't, or at least don't remember).

They don't really get it... A great number of Ranger fans live in a little bubble where reality has no bearing on anything. They just believe what they want to believe, and probably cry over the truth to themselves. If they even realize the truth lol.

I heard about that too, pathetic. What is Matteau even doing getting involved considering his kid's now employed by the Devils?

That's another thing. I mean, give it up already. Doesn't Matteau himself realize how pathetic it is?

They don't really get it... A great number of Ranger fans live in a little bubble where reality has no bearing on anything. They just believe what they want to believe, and probably cry over the truth to themselves. If they even realize the truth lol.

That's another thing. I mean, give it up already. Doesn't Matteau himself realize how pathetic it is?

Eh, If I was him and I get called up and told, "Hey wanna come down, get a free meal, trip to NYC, blah blah blah", I'd probably say yes, no matter what is was. Then again, a free meal to me probably isn't the same to a former NHL player, LOL.

Edited by ATLL765

They don't tend to acknowledge much of anything that happened after '94.  They can't comprehend that five Cup appearances, three Cup wins, and getting to one of those Finals at the Rangers' expense kind of trumps the Devils coming up short in '94, especially since they had to cash in every last chip they had to win that one Cup.  They've been to a whopping two Conference Finals since, and we know what the Devils did in one of those.  They actually truly believe that Matteau still haunts the Devils...if the Devils had not come as close as getting to a Cup final as '94 since, I'd agree with them, but the Devils won the Cup the very next season, over a heavily-favored Red Wings team to boot.  That pretty much killed any lingering pain Devils fans might have been feeling from the Matteau goal.