GDT: NJ Devils @ Blue Jackets - 7pm

Colin226

From HF:

Peter DeBoer's Practice Schedule

12:00-13:00 - Giving Up Leads (Focus on 3rd Period Collapses)

13:00-14:00 - 4th Line PK Drills/1-3rd Line Bench Practice

14:00-14:30 - Shooting Wide Drills

14:30-15:00 - Break (Someone Remember to Feed Josefson)

15:00-17:00 - Dumping The Puck

17:00-17:30 - Crossing the Blue Line and Stopping Dead

17:30-18:00 - Break (Check Josefson Vital Signs)

18:00-19:00 - Failed Pass Receptions (Ensure All Eggs Broken)

19:00-20:00 - Shootout Practice (Goaltender Optional, Probably Doesnt Matter)

20:00-21:00 - More 4th Line PK.

21:00-04:00 - Jagr Individual Practice

04:00-Sleep - Cry Yourself To Sleep and Try Not To have Nightlemaires

Not trying to be a dick, but did anyone find this particularly funny (I guess, The Mazz did)? Most of it doesn't make any sense at all, and if they were trying to make fun of the Devils and Deboer's most annoying habits, I don't think they did a good job.

Not trying to be a dick, but did anyone find this particularly funny (I guess, The Mazz did)? Most of it doesn't make any sense at all, and if they were trying to make fun of the Devils and Deboer's most annoying habits, I don't think they did a good job.

The Mazz had someone on the inside that got  this schedule. Tell us who  it was The Mazz? There was a time slot for rebound drills for Marty, The Mazz missed that one.

From HF:

Peter DeBoer's Practice Schedule

12:00-13:00 - Giving Up Leads (Focus on 3rd Period Collapses)

13:00-14:00 - 4th Line PK Drills/1-3rd Line Bench Practice

14:00-14:30 - Shooting Wide Drills

14:30-15:00 - Break (Someone Remember to Feed Josefson)

15:00-17:00 - Dumping The Puck

17:00-17:30 - Crossing the Blue Line and Stopping Dead

17:30-18:00 - Break (Check Josefson Vital Signs)

18:00-19:00 - Failed Pass Receptions (Ensure All Eggs Broken)

19:00-20:00 - Shootout Practice (Goaltender Optional, Probably Doesnt Matter)

20:00-21:00 - More 4th Line PK.

21:00-04:00 - Jagr Individual Practice

04:00-Sleep - Cry Yourself To Sleep and Try Not To have Nightlemaires

I know everyone is trying to slam Deboer, but most of these are individual players with lack of creativity. I hate Deboer's personnel decisions as much as everyone else, but if you're an NHL player and you can't make or receive a pass or put a shot on net, that's not on the coaching.

Also, I like Josefson, but he's gotta get some results to stay in the lineup. Loki has shown some offensive ability. Gio gets in (when he's healthy) because he has energy and Pete seems to get off on that. Josefson needs to show up on the scoreboard or at least start putting some shots on net, because he doesn't do the stuff that Pete loves Gio for, nor has he had much success putting up points. He has to find a way to capitalize on his chances and make it a little harder to scratch him.

Now, in Josefson's defense, only Cam, Sestito, and Teddy average less ice time than him, so it would be nice to see Deboer give him some time in the rare occasions that he isn't scratched.

I still don't get the cam and sestito hate... With the injuries we have at least one of them has to play. I also think sestito is serviceable as a 4th liner. Look at some 4th lines around the league and see what other teams are dealing with.

Geez how come after every loss the freaking 4th line is one of the first complaints around here.

• Like 1

I still don't get the cam and sestito hate... With the injuries we have at least one of them has to play. I also think sestito is serviceable as a 4th liner. Look at some 4th lines around the league and see what other teams are dealing with.

Geez how come after every loss the freaking 4th line is one of the first complaints around here.

Sestito is a very serviceable 4th liner.  But this team is relying on a balanced 4 line offensive attack.  We don't have the top end talent to rely on 2 scoring lines.  We need offense from all 4 lines, and from our defense.  So having two plugs on our 4th line doesn't help.  We need 4 lines that gives this team the best opportunity to score goals consistently.

The Mazz had someone on the inside that got  this schedule. Tell us who  it was The Mazz? There was a time slot for rebound drills for Marty, The Mazz missed that one.

I can't reveal any information at this time. However. I'm pretty sure the same person to reveal that schedule was the same one to reveal this shockingly accurate MSG Summer schedule from two years ago. What's hilarious is aside from the Jeremy Lin joke...this isn't too dated nor far off from the actual thing.

6:00 AM: Summer of '94

6:30 AM: Summer of '94

7:00 AM: Mark Messier jersey retirement ceremony

11:00 AM: Highlights of every Knick playoff win since 1999

11:05 AM: Summer of '94 (abridged)

11:30 AM: Dog Day Afternoon for some reason

2:00 PM: Summer of '94

2:30 PM: MSG Vault (Watch the Rangers play a game from 1982: it's mediocre hockey but here they don't get bailed out by a guy who wears pads larger than entire nations)

5:00 PM: Linsanity (CANCELLED & REPLACED)

5:00 PM: Feltonsanity

6:00 PM: Summer of '94

6:30 PM: Game 7, Conference Semi-Finals, 2012 (Remember the balloons and streamers! We want the Cup! We want the Cup!)

9:00 PM: Rocky IV

11:00 PM: Summer of '94

11:30 PM: Summer of '94

Also predicted to make air: random concerts from the 70s to highlight just how world famous MSG is: 1994 Eastern Conference Finals, Game 6, 1994 Eastern Conference Finals, Game 7 and 1994 Stanley Cup Final, Game 7 (It truly will "last a lifetime").

I can't reveal any information at this time. However. I'm pretty sure the same person to reveal that schedule was the same one to reveal this shockingly accurate MSG Summer schedule from two years ago. What's hilarious is aside from the Jeremy Lin joke...this isn't too dated nor far off from the actual thing.

6:00 AM: Summer of '94

6:30 AM: Summer of '94

7:00 AM: Mark Messier jersey retirement ceremony

11:00 AM: Highlights of every Knick playoff win since 1999

11:05 AM: Summer of '94 (abridged)

11:30 AM: Dog Day Afternoon for some reason

2:00 PM: Summer of '94

2:30 PM: MSG Vault (Watch the Rangers play a game from 1982: it's mediocre hockey but here they don't get bailed out by a guy who wears pads larger than entire nations)

5:00 PM: Linsanity (CANCELLED & REPLACED)

5:00 PM: Feltonsanity

6:00 PM: Summer of '94

6:30 PM: Game 7, Conference Semi-Finals, 2012 (Remember the balloons and streamers! We want the Cup! We want the Cup!)

9:00 PM: Rocky IV

11:00 PM: Summer of '94

11:30 PM: Summer of '94

Also predicted to make air: random concerts from the 70s to highlight just how world famous MSG is: 1994 Eastern Conference Finals, Game 6, 1994 Eastern Conference Finals, Game 7 and 1994 Stanley Cup Final, Game 7 (It truly will "last a lifetime").

I remember seeing this when it was originally posted and I had a good laugh...

Sestito is a very serviceable 4th liner. But this team is relying on a balanced 4 line offensive attack. We don't have the top end talent to rely on 2 scoring lines. We need offense from all 4 lines, and from our defense. So having two plugs on our 4th line doesn't help. We need 4 lines that gives this team the best opportunity to score goals consistently.

then you and others are picking the worst time to complain about this seeing as sestito and Janssen have been giving some offense. Again when healthy neither of them play so what's the big deal?

then you and others are picking the worst time to complain about this seeing as sestito and Janssen have been giving some offense. Again when healthy neither of them play so what's the big deal?

You're right.  Right now it's not a big deal.  But if this team wants to be taken seriously, having those two guys in the lineup permanently will be a problem.

You're right.  Right now it's not a big deal.  But if this team wants to be taken seriously, having those two guys in the lineup permanently will be a problem.

I'm not a huge fan of those guys either, but there's bigger problems than them (like Jagr getting too many minutes, Brodeur being 35th in save%, etc).  Good news some guys who weren't finding the back of the net are.  Hopefully, that continues (though the Devils will still be a prime candidate to be shut out any given night), and the guy with the 4th-best GAA in the NHL in Schneider actually starts getting more playing time instead of the 41-year-old who's 18th in that category, and is only that high up on the list because he faces such a low number of shots per game. 

Did anyone record this game on MSG+?  My wife and son (he's 1 year old) are shown for like 10 seconds during the first intermission I think right after the first commercial (they showed some other fans in attendance right after that).  I would love to be able to show him that when he gets older.  I wouldn't even mind if someone just recorded it with their phone and somehow emailed it to me.  Anyways, let me know if anyone still has it.  Thanks