GDT: NJ Devils @ Blue Jackets - 7pm

Colin226

The MO seems to be "Give Cory two starts to be the #1 guy, and if he's not awesome, then it's back to Marty getting more playing time again."  

I find it ridiculous as well...would it really be so hard to give Cory four or five CONSECUTIVE starts?  Marty is 1-4-0 in his last five starts and has an .841 save% in his last three.  Sometimes it feels like Cory has to be a brick wall or there's this "Uh oh, we need to go back to Marty", even though he's been a lot more up-and-down than Cory has. 

I agree, they should be giving each of them at least 4-5 starts at a time. If at some point during those 4-5 game blocs Marty or Cory is looking real bad, end it and switch to the other for the next 4-5 games and go like that for the remainder of the season. I think these guys should both be getting more than just 1-2 games at a time unless something can trump the need to get them into a groove, like one of them having a really bad game.

Edited by ATLL765

The MO seems to be "Give Cory two starts to be the #1 guy, and if he's not awesome, then it's back to Marty getting more playing time again."  

I find it ridiculous as well...would it really be so hard to give Cory four or five CONSECUTIVE starts?  Marty is 1-4-0 in his last five starts and has an .841 save% in his last three (.878 in his last 6).  Sometimes it feels like Cory has to be a brick wall or there's this "Uh oh, we need to go back to Marty", even though he's been a lot more up-and-down than Cory has. 

It's sick that it's gotten to the point where I almost WANT Marty to play his age, just so we can get on with giving Cory the spot and letting him get some consistency. Pete seems to be terrible at player management on every level.

I can't believe Marty is in goal tonight. Schneider should be getting every start unless he's injured. It's not like Marty's been killing it lately and Schneider is young enough to play as often as he wants. This is the kind of sh!t that makes no sense.

Anyway, Let's Go Devils!

880 Radio?

wow, did WFAN not want to cover this one or something?

Anytime the Nets or Mets play at the same time we do, they get priority on WFAN and we get bumped.. This has been the standard for years now I'm pretty sure.. Sucks to not be on FM, but it's also better than being relegated to local college radio like the Islanders are

Edited by Colin226

The excuse probably is well Cory lost his last two games giving up three goals in each and Marty won his last game, and Cory also lost earlier in the season in Columbus.  Not defending it cause there is clearly one standard for Marty and another for Cory as others have said, this is what I feared coming into the season.  It's one thing if they're both playing well, then tiebreaker goes to Marty for obvious reasons.  But he's not playing well.

That's actually a pretty sweet-looking building.  Man I miss seeing bright green leaves on the trees.  Winter sucks. 

LGD! 

Give me this kind of weather over the muggy, sweltering, humid heat anyday. Even if that does mean I have to shovel and salt. Nothing more wonderful then December snowfall.

Edited by TheMazz

880 Radio?

wow, did WFAN not want to cover this one or something?

Anytime the Nets or Mets play at the same time we do, they get priority on WFAN and we get bumped.. This has been the standard for years now I'm pretty sure.. Sucks to not be on FM, but it's also better than being relegated to local college radio like the Islanders are

The trade off here tonight is we are on MSG+ and the Rangers are on MSG+2 for a change. (Well for pretty much all of the tri-state that is)

Edited by TheMazz

Give me this kind of weather over the muggy, sweltering, humid heat anyday. Even if that does mean I have to shovel and salt. Nothing more wonderful then December snowfall.

As do I. I prefer Fall/Winter to Spring/Summer.

I like fall clothing too, I'm not a fan of shorts. Plus, I think the extra clothes makes girls look better/you can't tell they need to lose like 10-20lbs.