GDT: NJ Devils @ Blue Jackets - 7pm

Colin226

Chico is funny, this loss is one person, it had zero to do with how the team played with the lead, we out shot them like 35-24. The difference was marty, and I hope after this sh!t we don't see him again unless its like a back to back. Because he has been the far inferior goalie for some time now.

he's been the far inferior goalie of the two since Schneider came up in Vancouver. This isn't new

With back to back coming up, Marty will play vs Tampa is my guess. Sits Cory after a shutout cause it's Montreal...yea Marty still runs the show.

If he doesn't want to retire at the end of the year you gotta say thanks for everything but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Marty's save% is now down to .898...and that includes that terrific surge from earlier.  How much more do you need to see Pete?

The overall save percentage is down to .898 now too.  He was over .930 a few weeks ago...sad.

It was never that high this season...I think he topped out at .918 or so. 

You are aware that when the game is winding down and you are down, you have to take chances? Right? Which means sometimes you get some defensive breakdowns. You know why they needed to take chances? Because marty made 19 saves on 24 shots against, which is ATTROCIOUS. There weren't any real quality scoring chances on top of it.

I need something to physically take my rage out on.

I was referring to some of the failed pinches by defencemen, and giveaways, and failures to dump the puck in. Just because something doesn't lead to a goal doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. There was a lot of slop on the ice tonight. Especially Brodeur. 

Buy a punching bag?

Think it is now time to ride the Cory train for quite awhile.....sad to see this happen, but Marty couldn't possibly sustain the level of play he had for that brief run a few weeks ago or so

Marty had about a .950-.960 save% during that little run...that definitely wasn't going to continue.  Problem is his save% has been brutal outside of the run.  I think almost every Devil fans appreciates the entire body of his work, but no one can ignore this anymore.   

Why is no one asking PDB why he didn't pull marty after 3 trash goals.

It would be stupid to fault him for the first goal.  But the next 4 is all Brodeur.

Goal 1. Tough break

Goal 2. Soft shot should have been contained.  But it drops, and Dubinsky buries it.

Goal 3. Just an awful short side goal.

Goal 4. Defensive breakdown.  Can't fault Brodeur too badly there.

Goal 5. Terrible goal.  He needs to stop that pass with his stick.

I was referring to some of the failed pinches by defencemen, and giveaways, and failures to dump the puck in. Just because something doesn't lead to a goal doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. There was a lot of slop on the ice tonight. Especially Brodeur. 

Buy a punching bag?

yea you pinch in situations where you maybe shouldn't, you force passes that you shouldn't, you try carry the puck..ect that is what was happening, those are things you do when you are down. There weren't very many bad defensive breakdowns, 4 of the 5 goals were on marty, and there was at least 1 shot where he got beat glove side badly but got bailed out by the post. The defense wasn't its best but it was still pretty good.

Buy a punching bag?

I agree.  The defense was bad tonight.  But only one of the goals was a result from a bad defensive breakdown.  3 of those goals have no business going into the net.

It would be stupid to fault him for the first goal. But the next 4 is all Brodeur.

Goal 1. Tough break

Goal 2. Soft shot should have been contained. But it drops, and Dubinsky buries it.

Goal 3. Just an awful short side goal.

Goal 4. Defensive breakdown. Can't fault Brodeur too badly there.

Goal 5. Terrible goal. He needs to stop that pass with his stick.

4th goal was terrible, no excuse, it was a soft shot, gave up a sh!tty rebound and he slid out of position for no reason. Bush league.

Why is no one asking PDB why he didn't pull marty after 3 trash goals.

No one on tv is telling it like it is, which is strange, cuz normally chico is honest about things at the very least.

Because the Devils don't have the media pressure or interest and certainly not from their own TV mascot. If this was Toronto, Montreal, Philly or Rangers for instance you'd see a different story. I said it before, TG should be asking tough questions because he's the Devils #1 writer now. But, TG at times seems more interested in being passive aggressive with the Devils (like his tweets concerning Clowe's media access) then asking the tough questions. Chere jumped the shark awhile ago so it's not coming from him.

4th goal was terrible, no excuse, it was a soft shot, gave up a sh!tty rebound and he slid out of position for no reason. Bush league.

The rebound was awful, but it was shot right into his pad.  Those rebounds are difficult to control no matter how soft of a shot.  It was similar to the Callahan play on Saturday.

The rebound was awful, but it was shot right into his pad.  Those rebounds are difficult to control no matter how soft of a shot.  It was similar to the Callahan play on Saturday.

The Callahan play was 100percent his fault as well, he rocketed that rebound out into a terrible spot.

The Callahan play was 100percent his fault as well, he rocketed that rebound out into a terrible spot.

I agree definitely.  Zuccarello's goal was from a mile out, and he was slow getting back into position.  Tonight it was a point blank shot from Calvert.  He had no chance.