Stadium Series: Are you going?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Series: Are you going?

• Yes, I purchased a ticket(s)
    • Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

1,000 is a lot considering devils are alloyed about 25k seats and there are over 1400 tickets will available for stub hub and a lot of those are cheaper than what the devils held back.

The other poster is right. Devils held too many back to get STH and it backfired. By having this they get rid of inventory and add more names to their CRM. No coincidence that everyone I know who won didn't buy SS tickets previously and those who didn't already have tickets.

1,000 isn't a lot.  But I do think the number is only a few hundred.

1,000 isn't a lot.  But I do think the number is only a few hundred.

How the fvck would you have any idea what the number actually is? Christ. You don't need to respond to every post ever, man.

From my Devils Fan Experience Rep:  Devils have visitors dugout -- 3rd base side of the field for you non-baseball fans.  The Devils will attack the 1st base side of the field twice.  Rangers will have the Yankees dugout for both Stadium Series games.

Supposedly, both goal horns/songs will be used for goals...  no word on Kevin Clark as PA announcer.  Anyone else have other information?

Got a pair of good (though i have no idea what that means) tickets to the Islanders game from my brother's wife. The Mrs. and I are going to show up as a surprise birthday present for him. Better than nothing (ESPECIALLY since they were free), but not as good as seeing the Devils!

Edited by jim777

I follow Severe Weather NJ of FaceBook (he is pretty accurate) and he is looking at models that are predicting another Polar Vortex on January 26, so dress warm people.

Yeah at that point only thing that would be worse is either blizzard or severe rain.

Still 10 days away so things can change.

If you go- bundle the hell up lol. I'm not so bummed anymore I don't have tickets after reading this: http://www.nj.com/weather-guy/index.ssf/2014/01/the_polar_vortex_will_return_to_nj_this_week_this_time_for_the_long_haul.html

Looks like it will be in the 20's which is still better than the single digits we had with the polar vortex from last week.

Still though that's cold.  Alcohol may make you feel warmer for a few minutes but in a long run it actually makes you colder.  Just remember that:)

Looks like it will be in the 20's which is still better than the single digits we had with the polar vortex from last week.

Still though that's cold.  Alcohol may make you feel warmer for a few minutes but in a long run it actually makes you colder.  Just remember that:)

Hot chocolate, hot chocolate, and more hot chocolate.  As much as I like beers when I go to football and baseball games (not as much during hockey, mostly because there's no real tailgating), I think I'd just down hot chocolates, one after another, if I was going to this game. 

I wonder how many fans will say "screw it", and go inside.  I'm assuming the restaurant will be open?

Hot chocolate, hot chocolate, and more hot chocolate.  As much as I like beers when I go to football and baseball games (not as much during hockey, mostly because there's no real tailgating), I think I'd just down hot chocolates, one after another, if I was going to this game. 

I wonder how many fans will say "screw it", and go inside.  I'm assuming the restaurant will be open?

I was actually hoping to take a thermos of hot chocolate in, but according to the little pamphlet I got with my souvenir tickets it was kinda vague where if I remember right one section said it was ok and another section said it was not allowed in.  I will have go to home and re-read it.

Otherwise I will be buying a ton of cups of it at the park for probably $4-5 a pop.

I was actually hoping to take a thermos of hot chocolate in, but according to the little pamphlet I got with my souvenir tickets it was kinda vague where if I remember right one section said it was ok and another section said it was not allowed in.  I will have go to home and re-read it.

Otherwise I will be buying a ton of cups of it at the park for probably $4-5 a pop.

Hope you can bring the thermos...kind of amazed they'd allow one in anywhere. 

Hope you can bring the thermos...kind of amazed they'd allow one in anywhere. 

They allow other containers during Yankee games and they have let me and my gf in with waterbottles so it's not that far fetched.

The Rock is by far the most stringent arena/stadium I have been to in the last 5 years when it comes to bringing outside stuff in.

I'm curious how the Devils are doing regarding the allotment of tickets they've received. Are they selling well?

If you judge by what's left on stubhub, I think they're doing very well.  Cheapest ticket is $119 right now.  I'm not sure how it all compares to face value, but I've found that, as a rule, regardless of the venue, once hockey tickets on stubhub reach $50-75 minimum, it means you have a sell-out. 

I heard they expect 7k empty seats and 10k for Isles game but prices of tickets haven't crumpled yet. Can't verify if this is true.

Just from the Devils side? That means about 18k Devils fans from the 25k or tix they were allotted