Stadium Series: Are you going?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Series: Are you going?

• Yes, I purchased a ticket(s)
    • Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

The subways and Path generally still run fine in the snow.  There may be delays here and there but you shouldn't get stranded or have trouble getting to the game in case of snow.

Taking the GWB into the Bronx on the other-hand when it's snowing might be a bit of a problem.

Getting a Garage in Jersey City/Hoboken/Harrison isn't a bad way to go either.  Hop on the path to the subway!

Yeah, snow has a hard time passing right through the ground and landing on the subway tracks. :wink2:

Incidentally, the D Train is underground the entire distance between 6th Avenue/33rd Street and Yankee Stadium, and the 4 Train is only above ground right around Yankee Stadium if you are coming from Manhattan.  (The latter might have issues during a snowstorm when leaving Yankee Stadium and heading back to Manhattan because the line is above ground for much of its route further north in the Bronx.)

Edited by CHIP72

They'd better come up with a plan B to sell those tickets... I just peeked to see what they had left.. one of the pairs were in 428 row 3 for 229+fees, meanwhile stubhub has 429/row10 & 425/row3 for under $100

The Devils really thought they were gonna hold tickets and use them as leverage to get people to buy Season tix

"Buy season tickets and you will have the PRIVILEGE of paying astronomical prices for an outdoor game!!!"

I see that KISS is performing for the game out at the Dodger Stadium. Any idea what awful band might be playing in the Bronx on Sunday?

Apparently Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes are playing during the first intermission from what I heard. Which actually isn't bad- if you're a Bruce fan, you're pretty much a Southside fan.

Apparently Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes are playing during the first intermission from what I heard. Which actually isn't bad- if you're a Bruce fan, you're pretty much a Southside fan.

Thanks! This is confirmed by Southside Johnny's Facebook and Twitter.

Maybe Bruce will show up.

Bruce has a gig in South Africa that night Edited by McMullen82

Tickets on the Hub now tanking as sellers try to get anything they can for them.  Pickup only now.

"Pick up your tickets before the event at the designated StubHub Last Minute Service Center (we'll give you the pickup location and time before you place your order)"

Edit: The pickup location is the Bronx Terminal Market which the Hub says is a 10 minute walk from the stadium.

Devils selling tickets for $225 each you can buy now on the Hub for $85. Too too funny.
Edited by gardenstatepkwy

have to wonder how many empty seats there are going to be.. but oh well its their own fault for trying to hold tickets to get people to buy seasons for one game it obviously didnt work.. reality check.. its also going to be a high of like 18degrees ... im sure that alone will turn a lot of peoples interest away from sitting out there

Also funny to see the STH who used the presale to play amateur ticket brokers buy extras and now face the choice of getting stuck with them or taking a hit.

im sure there were also a handful of people who ended up making a profit this way also.. remember when tickets first went on sale everyone was acting like they were going to be so hard to get because it was "sold out"

have to wonder how many empty seats there are going to be.. but oh well its their own fault for trying to hold tickets to get people to buy seasons for one game it obviously didnt work.. reality check.. its also going to be a high of like 18degrees ... im sure that alone will turn a lot of peoples interest away from sitting out there

This is one of the factors making me balk at the moment.  On one hand I know I may never get to see another spectacle like this involving the Devils, on the other hand I have to make the trip from central Jersey into the Bronx, pick up my tickets and sit in a seat where I probably won't be able to see much in 20 degree weather.  The once in a lifetime aspect still has me checking tickets though.  I'm going back and forth on it. 

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

I'm thinking that 8000 figure that the memo earlier in the week stated is going to be pretty accurate.

Devils sales certainly have a knack for shooting themselves in their own foot don't they?

This is one of the factors making me balk at the moment.  On one hand I know I may never get to see another spectacle like this involving the Devils, on the other hand I have to make the trip from central Jersey into the Bronx, pick up my tickets and sit in a seat where I probably won't be able to see much in 20 degree weather.  The once in a lifetime aspect still has been checking tickets though.  I'm going back and forth on it.

iam in the exact same boat.. i wont lie iam a baby when it comes to being cold i hate it.. but at the same time i know i will be able to get tickets for about half of what people paid for them face value.. i cant decide.. if i go tonight im not going sunday..

I'm thinking that 8000 figure that the memo earlier in the week stated is going to be pretty accurate.

Devils sales certainly have a knack for shooting themselves in their own foot don't they?

You would THINK they could hire someone who, you know, has a clue of what they're doing.

Edited by Devilsfan118

im sure there were also a handful of people who ended up making a profit this way also.. remember when tickets first went on sale everyone was acting like they were going to be so hard to get because it was "sold out"

Oh, absolutely, i am sure some did, but if you know this team well as a STH or hardcore fan then you knew not to believe the hype and there had to be hold backs.

The NHL almost always misses with musical performances and this is another bad one.  What age demographic are they pleasing with this?  45+ at least? A modern New Jersey band like Gaslight Anthem would seem to be perfect for this type of thing, i can't imagine their fee would be on par with Cee-loo Green if not less.

Half the guys in the band are Devils fans and half are Rangers fans,  they even made custom devils/rangers t-shirts during that playoff run a few years back.  Missed opportunity!

Out of curiosity, anyone familiar with Yankee Stadium: what do the Legends Suite tickets give you? And would those amenities apply to this game?

i believe those are the field boxes? my buddys grandfather owns one for the yanks its actually right next to jay z's across the isles its pretty sweet... anyways normally it gives you access to the restaurant anything you want to eat and drink(no alcohol) aand there are also menus in the seats where you can order whatever you want and they bring it down to you free of charge