Brunner out at least 4 weeks. Per Tg and RC

DevilMinder

You knew that would be the case as soon as he couldn't put any weight on it getting off the ice.

I was sitting in section 1 in row 20, and didn't even notice him on the ice until my buddy pointed it out to me.  And he stood up, and yelled to the ref to blow the play dead just as soon as the Ducks were bringing the puck down ice.  Ironically enough the whistle blew like right at that point.  But yea.  Watching him completely struggle off the ice wasn't fun to watch, and you just knew it wasn't good.  But if it's just a sprain, that makes me feel better because those always heal back 100%.

@TGfireandice: Lou Lamoriello said Damien Brunner will miss "approximately four weeks" with a right knee injury. He does not need surgery, just rehab.

@TGfireandice: No surgery means Brunner's ACL was not impacted. Lamoriello confirmed that, but wouldn't say exact nature of the injury.

This sucks, but in the grand scheme of things, this team has been pretty fortunate with injuries this season thus far (knock on wood).

Kinda surprised Elias or Jagr hasn't gone down yet. We can all at least agree Brunner is somewhat replaceable.. If we lost one of the big guys we'd be in big trouble

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just realised it's probably almost better if it's 6-7 rather than 4. Olympic break is three weeks, so rather than possibly rushing, going over to play for Switzerland and re-injuring it, he can stay here and heal properly.

I think Brunner will be back before the Olympics.  If he's back in 4 weeks, you're looking at around the middle of January.  Olympics don't start until February 9th I believe.

I think Brunner will be back before the Olympics. If he's back in 4 weeks, you're looking at around the middle of January. Olympics don't start until February 9th I believe.

I think everyone's operating on the Larsson assumption- 4 weeks in Lou speak probably means 6 minimum.