Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ollie McKraut

GDT: Devils @ DC--7:00pm

108 posts in this topic

I've been in NYC all night, and just checked to see we won. Word. The last time I checked the score we were down 3-1 lol. Big 2 points!!

This is starting to look like a playoff team. Incredible come from behind win against a good team.

This is starting to look like a playoff team. Incredible come from behind win against a good team.

We've been beating a lot of good teams this year.  The problem is, we've been losing to bad teams as well.

Would anyone care to post a brief synopsis of what happened after we went up 1-0? I actually saw the first goal while I was in the NHL store, but it was all scoreboard watching for me after that lol.

That game was to intense for me hahaha. Hence why I didn't post a lot. But holy cow was that an awesome game to watch

Would anyone care to post a brief synopsis of what happened after we went up 1-0? I actually saw the first goal while I was in the NHL store, but it was all scoreboard watching for me after that lol.

no, no, NO!! yes, NO! yes, YES! YES!!!

Great game. The Team USA selectors should be forced to watch that game and send Andy an apology letter. Forget the offense, he owned Ovie out there. I wonder if Andy has blown off USA hockey in some capacity and angered them.

We've been beating a lot of good teams this year.  The problem is, we've been losing to bad teams as well.

Not seeing anything yet to make me think this team will pull away from NHL .500.  Not unless the goalie play improves.  It won't if Marty keeps getting this many starts...he's just too inconsistent. 

Gotta say, it's great to see them having fun like this.

If we've learned anything, it's that happy athletes play better. These guys are really starting to come together as a team

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr dominated on the scoresheet and possession numbers. Absolutely fantastic game by them.

Not seeing anything yet to make me think this team will pull away from NHL .500.  Not unless the goalie play improves.  It won't if Marty keeps getting this many starts...he's just too inconsistent. 

one way to fix it: start the good goalie but if that's not gonna happen, they're willfully putting themselves on the bubble. It's a joke when you see 4 goals on 19 shots when you have ONE OF THE BEST GOALIES IN THE LEAGUE BY ANY METRIC sitting behind arguably the worst goalie in the league

Jagr 33 Pts in 37 games. Van Damn!

What he has done as a Devil is amazing.  Devils would be screwed without his contributions. 

We pretty much dominated them the whole game possession wise and shots wise.  The Caps just took advantage of their opportunities.  On top of that, Marty wasn't good at all.

one way to fix it: start the good goalie but if that's not gonna happen, they're willfully putting themselves on the bubble. It's a joke when you see 4 goals on 19 shots when you have ONE OF THE BEST GOALIES IN THE LEAGUE BY ANY METRIC sitting behind arguably the worst goalie in the league

We're not exactly a scoring machine with Cory in net which imo almost nullifies any Cory over Marty, Marty over Cory talk.

Jagr 33 Pts in 37 games. Van Damn!

He has 13 of those points against his former teams in 10 games.  The other 20 have come against everybody else in 27 games.  There's only one game where he didn't register a point against a former team.

He's at .902 in save% for the season.  He finished at .901 last season.  He was at .903 and .908 the two seasons before that, but he had prolonged stretches of strong play in both of those seasons...it's been a different story last year and this. 

That being said, as much as I support Cory getting more playing time, at some point he's got to stop giving DeBoer excuses to keep going back to Marty.  Schneider hasn't been lights-out either as of late.  

We're not exactly a scoring machine with Cory in net which imo almost nullifies any Cory over Marty, Marty over Cory talk.

How will we gain any consistency in net if neither goalie gets any consistent playing time?  Cory has to be the guy.  I can't think of any game where Cory cost us a win except for the game against Vancouver.  Marty has cost us a few already.

We pretty much dominated them the whole game possession wise and shots wise. The Caps just took advantage of their opportunities. On top of that, Marty wasn't good at all.

So in other words, had we lost, this was a jelly jar game. Thank God they came back lol.