Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Brown

GDT - 12/23 Devils at Blackhawks

254 posts in this topic

Yah schneider lost confidence... but hey he would need back to back start and more easy matchup... he always goal against top team..

But to be honest none of our goalie is a concern for me... even when schneider is not on the top of his game he gave the devils a chance to win....

My concern is last night we didnt match up against a top team.... 12 shot on goal...no puck possession, not many chance to score make us lose. Because you know what they says « When you're not often in the offensive zone mean your stock in your own zone»

Brunner spark this team offense lately and make a huge difference... well now he is injured. 

Guy like Henrique, Boucher or Clowe when he will came back need to step up....

Patty cant play with bernier and teddy bear forever...

Elias looke really good lately and that help brunner to shine... Now it time to do the same with henrique... (he doesnt play bad games, but he doesnt have points and need to produce )

Marty is the man. I was at the TSO concert at the Rock yesterday and the lead guy had a Brodeur shirt on that's enough for me.

He must know. Marty is the starter. As goes Marty goes the Devils. I don't beleive that. I really don';t believe that.

It's as goes Gionta and Janssen along with Sestito and Harrold goes the DeBoer system of failure, I do believe that !

Enjoy tomorrow, I will with family and friends and I hope you do as well.

2014/15 season is coming for the Devils it is less than 45 Devils games away. The Devils don't belong in the 2013/14 playoffs and you know it.

Go NE Pats.

I understand the whole goal support issue, but Deboer needs wins. At the end of the day, it's about getting those 2 points. Cory needs to win games to earn the number one spot. Deboer is going to go with the guy that the team is playing for, and it's up to Cory to gain the confidence of is team mates and coach. 

I agree that the bottom line is they need wins. Even with his rough patch this month, I still think Schneider is the goaltender that gives them the best chance to win game in and game out. As Mike Brown said earlier, it seems to be a coincidence that the Devils go MIA during Schneider's starts. I wouldn't expect this trend to continue this drastically throughout the entire year and I'd expect the teams effort to even out amongst Schneider and Brodeur starts by the end of the year.

Brodeur's been roughly a .904 SV%, 2.36 GAA goalie the past 3 years and now he's 41. That doesn't give me much confidence that he should be the #1 game in and game out.

I agree that the bottom line is they need wins. Even with his rough patch this month, I still think Schneider is the goaltender that gives them the best chance to win game in and game out. As Mike Brown said earlier, it seems to be a coincidence that the Devils go MIA during Schneider's starts. I wouldn't expect this trend to continue this drastically throughout the entire year and I'd expect the teams effort to even out amongst Schneider and Brodeur starts by the end of the year.

Brodeur's been roughly a .904 SV%, 2.36 GAA goalie the past 3 years and now he's 41. That doesn't give me much confidence that he should be the #1 game in and game out.

In bold:  yep.  Will I always be happy for Marty with each win, especially knowing that his career will soon be coming to an end?  Sure.  Do I feel comfortable with him as the kind-of #1?  How can anyone?  His valleys are pretty tough to watch. 

Unfortunately, Schneider can't seem to go on the kind of run he needs to...not yet, anyway.  Some of it has been rotten luck for sure, but 17 GA and an .874 save% in five games isn't going to get it done either.  His season numbers are no longer significantly better than Marty's this season.  It's frustrating...I can't really get on Marty for being what he's been for a while now...he is what he is.  But Schneider is supposed to be better than what he's shown so far.  Hopefully he finds himself in the second half...AND the Devils start supporting him. 

As for the game...always sucks when a team like the Blackhawks reminds you of why you're treading water at around NHL .500.  The second-half sched and meh Metro division should help the Devils at least, or at the very least, give them a shot to make the playoffs.