Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadDog2020

Patty 'day-to-day'

35 posts in this topic

I thought this deserved its own thread: @TGfireandice: Elias said "we'll see" and he's "day to day" when asked if he'd be able to play Friday vs. Chicago. @TGfireandice: Elias has “total body soreness” and “optimistic” he won’t be out long @TGfireandice: Elias: "As bad as it looked, I don’t feel that bad.” @TGfireandice: Fire & Ice blog: Devils' Patrik Elias feels fortunate to avoid serious injury; "It could have been a lot worse": http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_patrik_elias_feels_fortunate_to_avoid_serious_injury_it_could_have_been_a_lot_worse/

Thank God. Couldve easily been a serious concussion

Thank God. Couldve easily been a serious concussion

i was almost certain that he had a concussion the way he wasnt moving at all when he first went down.. i hope hes back for tomorrow but i doubt it since he didnt skate today

Patty should take some time off because his play has been nothing better than 3rd line this year.

Patty should take some time off because his play has been nothing better than 3rd line this year.

You're joking, right?

are you blind? and have you seen who his line mates have been?

are you blind? and have you seen who his line mates have been?

Third liners lol. I lost it when he centered a line of Bernier and Gionta. Steve is a good top 6 forward on this team when we need him to be, but Gionta shouldn't be anywhere near Elias' ice.

Third liners lol. I lost it when he centered a line of Bernier and Gionta. Steve is a good top 6 forward on this team when we need him to be, but Gionta shouldn't be anywhere near Elias' ice.

Elias gains +6 to his NHL14 management stats in live the life for putting up with this sh!t! :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately day to day means nothing to me this season. Wasn't Larsson day to day? Same with Carter? Until I see a tweet saying Patty is on the ice for practice I will just think the worst. This team wants us to know absolutely ZERO about the status of players. It's insulting that they even give us updates.

Unfortunately day to day means nothing to me this season. Wasn't Larsson day to day? Same with Carter? Until I see a tweet saying Patty is on the ice for practice I will just think the worst. This team wants us to know absolutely ZERO about the status of players. It's insulting that they even give us updates.

Yup, Larsson was most certainly "day-to-day" and "not looking too serious"... Can't believe how long it's been with him out of the lineup.

he's second on the team in points while only playing 33 games, good enough for a .75 ppg pace, just behind jagr's .82.

This while playing the pk and solid defense. You could argue he's been our best forward (considering jagr is getting the better line mates).

You're out to lunch on this.

The difference is that Elias talked to the press.  Larsson certainly didn't, and I don't think Carter did either.

The difference is that Elias talked to the press.  Larsson certainly didn't, and I don't think Carter did either.

i didnt hear of carter talking at all... larsson i cant remember how long has it been for him now? i dont even remember what it was that happened to him?

New Jersey Devils‏@NHLDevilsnow

RT @NHLDevilsPR: #NJDevils have placed Patrik Elias on injured reserve retroactive to Dec. 31 and recalled Eric Gelinas from

Lmfao, you can't make this sh!t up.

Jan 7th min! arghh. i guess the concussion is interfering with his mid day naps! 

hurry back patty our season is depending on you!

bad feeling this is the straw which is going to break the seasons back

clowe henrique and ryder are too slow collectively to be consistantly effective. the zero margin for error has been surpassed

Lmfao, you can't make this sh!t up.

all this means is that elias isn't playing tuesday. it will be interesting to see if gelinas actually plays (maybe they go with 7 d?)

makes me wonder how long elias will really be out for.. i was really hopeful it wouldnt be a long term thing with him

makes me wonder how long elias will really be out for.. i was really hopeful it wouldnt be a long term thing with him

It most likely isn't. He can come off IR tomorrow.

They are so cartoonishly disorganized right now.   I know you just can't "get rid of players", but they really need to do it.    It's a parade of paper moves.   Send one guy down to activate one guy, put another guy on IR so you can bring that guy back, a fourth player will suffer a mysterious charlie horse on Wednesday so the 3rd guy can come back, etc.

They are so cartoonishly disorganized right now.   I know you just can't "get rid of players", but they really need to do it.    It's a parade of paper moves.   Send one guy down to activate one guy, put another guy on IR so you can bring that guy back, a fourth player will suffer a mysterious charlie horse on Wednesday so the 3rd guy can come back, etc.

They waived Tedenby which largely solved the problem.  So sure, Gelinas to Albany was paper - care to list any other paper moves?  Maybe Volchenkov wasn't really hurt enough for IR, but that was one game to keep Sislo on the roster.

I suspect there will be a real move soon anyway.  'Cartoonishly disorganized' isn't how I would put it. 

Edited by Triumph