Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msweet

Schnieder and Greene Get USA Olympic Snubbed

91 posts in this topic

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

Bobby Ryan, Kyle Okposo, Keith Yandle, Jack Johnson, Ben Bishop, Cory Schneider amongst notables not making Team USA.

--------------------

Wasn't Greene already off the team a few weeks ago when they had to submit some preliminary roster and Greene wasn't on it?

If Greene makes even a "snubbed" list, I'll be surprised. He's that underrated.

Schenider never really had a shot this season. Hard to pick a guy who has never ever been a starter and didn't get into many games this season. That being said, I don't think Howard is a better goalie.

He'll have a shot to make the team and actually play in 4 years.

No problem at all and honestly glad they aren't. Greene could use the rest for the stretch run and in a way so could CS to clear his skull. 

kind of a rip. 3 Rangers, and Quick as a goalie pick!? Quick hasn't played much this season

Who is surprised?

DeBoer cost Schneider

DeBoer's system and preparation cost Greene

Lets Go USA

Support America.

Edited by LucifersDog

Greene being snubbed is a joke, but we knew he would be because he wasn't on the summer camp invite list.

Big oversight by team USA management not putting Greene on the long list, I know Bylsma is the coach but Martin and Orpik over Greene? I'm not sold.

Still can't believe Bobby Ryan was left off the team either.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10195703/how-us-hockey-team-bound-sochi-olympics-was-named

Worth a read. I can't remember hearing important hockey executives evaluating players on the record like this. A lot of those quotes will be highlighted and showed to those players.

Great article. Thanks for posting.

seriously why the hell is Bobby Ryan not on this team

Poorly constructed roster. Bishop should be in over Howard. Schneider is the better goalie as well...just hasn't got the offensive support this year. Overall Howard has been a train wreck

Orpik over Yandle is a joke. The Olympics are even more a speed game than the NHL...he's gonna look bad out there

Dustin Brown has been MIA all year

Ryan is a big omission. He's a good pure goal scorer that they needed to include

How is Jack Johnson a snub? He's pitiful. I don't get the unanimous Miller love either, he was a train wreck last year. I'd have taken Schneider over Miller even when he was in Vancouver. And how was Craig Anderson not even discussed? Two goalies we're going with are coming off injuries, that's walking a tight rope. Bobby Ryan could have done some good things on the larger ice surface. Ryan over Pavelski. Hell, Okposo over Pavelski,

Parise has a broken bone in his foot that was just discovered 2 days ago, so I'd gather his status would be questionable.

And Ryan Callahan, the most overrated player on the planet. Injury plagued season...at 28 he's never had a 30 goal season and never scored over 54 points. You can argue Bobby Ryan over him. But of course gotta make the Rag fans happy

Edited by '7'

How is Jack Johnson a snub? He's pitiful. I don't get the unanimous Miller love either, he was a train wreck last year. I'd have taken Schneider over Miller even when he was in Vancouver. And how was Craig Anderson not even discussed? Two goalies we're going with are coming off injuries, that's walking a tight rope. Bobby Ryan could have done some good things on the larger ice surface. Ryan over Pavelski. Hell, Okposo over Pavelski,

Miller's been better than all of them this year, that's why 

And seriously, whoever let Brian Burke in the decision room needs to be fired based on what he's done since the last Olympics 

Edited by DH26

How on earth did Bobby Ryan not make this team?  Wow, big mistake. 

Can't believe Bobby Ryan got left off.

It's a crime

And orpik? People love to suck the Penguins off

Can't believe Bobby Ryan got left off.

It's a crime

And orpik? People love to suck the Penguins off

Orpik is a good NHL defensemen on NHL sized ice but I'm not sold on him for the larger ice.  If Bylsma isn't the coach, I don't see him making it.

Orpik is going to look like Sal out there...

All of these guys evaluating are trying to outsmart themselves and look like a Herb Brooks. No reason for Bobby Ryan not to be on this team. I'd be surprised if they medal.

Overall, this team isn't very good, nor is it intelligently constructed. We won't medal.

More rest for NJ Devils players not going to the Olympics.  That's how I look at it...