GDT: Blackhawks @ DEVILS 7PM

ThreeCups

I'm sorry if I'm a broken record, but another horrible play by Salvador

not his best game I admit but he's also had a few very good plays in the defensive zone. You can't harp on his few bad plays and ignore how terrible the gelinas zidlicky pairing has been in their own end. They've been atrocious and against the lesser hawk lines.

not his best game I admit but he's also had a few very good plays in the defensive zone. You can't harp on his few bad plays and ignore how terrible the gelinas zidlicky pairing has been in their own end. They've been atrocious and against the lesser hawk lines.

Well if we cant we also shouldnt ignore that zajac (whos apparently a top defensive forward in the league) who just made the same if not worst same pass to zubrus just there

Edited by SterioDesign

Well if we cant we also shouldnt ignore that zajac (whos apparently a top defensive forward in the league) who just made the same if not worst same pass to zubrus just there

there's a difference in that zajac makes the correct defensive play the vast majority of the time. Gelinas on the other hand has not particularly looked good for a while.

I want to stress I'm not advocating for him to sit but it bothers me that Salvador gets so much heat when in fact he's not even close to the worst defenseman on the team.

Frak.  Well that's why the Blackhawks are the Blackhawks and the Devils have been hovering around NHL .500. 

Didn't get the bounce there. The Devils are playing with them and that's a positive sign, but the Devils are not there yet as a team that's a lock to be playing playoff hockey. Chicago is clearly a better team and you can see it plain as day even as the Devils played with them. The Devils are just a little bit of skill away up front and maybe a little more vet experience that doesn't make you cringe on defense and then i think they can play with anyone and solidify a playoff spot. Right now, they simply are not good enough to overcome bad bounces and bad goals by their goalies against these types of teams.

Edited by TheRedStorm