Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThreeCups

GDT: Blackhawks @ DEVILS 7PM

162 posts in this topic

I think Ryder is at fault for that goal equally.

I know so many people here want to hold gelinas' jock for him but he hasn't exactly been stellar lately and that goal is 100% on him. Against the hawks you have to make the safe smart play every time in your own zone or you will pay.

Damn, I could be classified as a Gionta hater, but he's having a monster of a game.

Although I can't remember the last time he scored on a breakaway, and he's gotten a few recently

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry if I'm a broken record, but another horrible play by Salvador

Gio is having a beast game right now. Wish he would have had went to the backhand or went 5 hole but oh well keep up the pressure devils

Those mistakes like gelinas did are the kind of rookie mistakes i promised to live with if Lou would finally give the kids a chance over our old useless dmen...

So here i am living with it happily

not his best game I admit but he's also had a few very good plays in the defensive zone. You can't harp on his few bad plays and ignore how terrible the gelinas zidlicky pairing has been in their own end. They've been atrocious and against the lesser hawk lines.

He really is awful.

I'm still convinced the only reason he's still here is the 'C' on his jersey.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

not his best game I admit but he's also had a few very good plays in the defensive zone. You can't harp on his few bad plays and ignore how terrible the gelinas zidlicky pairing has been in their own end. They've been atrocious and against the lesser hawk lines.

Well if we cant we also shouldnt ignore that zajac (whos apparently a top defensive forward in the league) who just made the same if not worst same pass to zubrus just there

Edited by SterioDesign

Gionta is really having a good game. Just to think of the things deboer will do with the tape of this game...

1 person likes this

The devils are playing great right now just wish they could cash in. Big period here boys come on lets do this thing

This game has bought gio enough ice time to play until hes in his mid to late 50s. 

If we make it to shootouts deboer will likely try to send Gio 3 times

All the gionta haters can put this in their back pocket and shut up for the remainder of the season. He's played that good to buy him 41 games without getting harped on.

Well if we cant we also shouldnt ignore that zajac (whos apparently a top defensive forward in the league) who just made the same if not worst same pass to zubrus just there

there's a difference in that zajac makes the correct defensive play the vast majority of the time. Gelinas on the other hand has not particularly looked good for a while.

I want to stress I'm not advocating for him to sit but it bothers me that Salvador gets so much heat when in fact he's not even close to the worst defenseman on the team.

This has got to be the best game I've seen Gionta play. Possibly our best forward tonight. And this is coming from someone who is a huge critic of is.

LGD! We gotta bury some of these chances

Games like tonight is why I know we ARE a playoff caliber team

We hang with everyone

Just need to get some bounces are way and bag some wins

Praying we win this in regulation/OT

Do not want to see another painful shootout

Bounce didn't go the Devils' way on that one...dammit.

Brodeur was good all game. But that Sharp sharp angle shot to seal the game was a disgrace

It was only a matter of time before brodeur gives up one of those really bad angle goals.