SterioDesign

All purpose Olympics thread

862 posts in this topic

Since this is the all purpose Olympic thread, has anyone else found nbc's coverage of the actual sports lacking? I mean I was watching last night in prime time for a half hour and the only actual events I saw were two female skeleton runs (about 55 seconds each). The rest was in studio, athlete expose and interviews.

What I love about the Olympics is that since goal differential is essentially the first tie breaker, teams go all in for the entire game to try and score as many goals as possible.  Even if a team is getting blown out like the Fins are currently doing to Norway, Norway is still playing hard as of it's a one goal game.

I fully support shipping Sal, Volch, and Harrold to whoever will take them, and signing this Tollefson guy. Anyone remember how he was with Columbus or Philly?

Bad.

The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit special is on NBCSN leading right up to the game.  Nice!

Slovenia is the only team that doesn't use its flag colors in their uniforms.

They often use green and yellow, at least in soccer. But, speaking of Slovenia.

Ok now our 7-1 over Slovakia doesn't seem as impressive.  3-0 Slovenia.   :blink:

Slovenia wins!!!!!!!!!!!  Sucks Kristan lost the shutout though.

Edited by Mike Brown

Difference in this game so far:  Russia blowing the US out of the water in faceoffs.

Only watched the 2nd so far, missed the 1st dint wake up. Russia is way outplaying us, surprised its only a 1 goal game.

So far Datsyuk and Malkin are playing well for Russia.  Ovechkin and Kovy have been meh.

What? We are getting worked.

True our PK is good it's still tied and Quick is awesome.

We Need DeBoer's system Dump and Run

What? We are getting worked.

The matchup has definitely NOT been even, but it hasn't been terrible either. The two main problems for US have been 1.A lot of dump and chase that gets cleared too quickly and easily 2.Too big of a faceoff disparity.

What a fvcking pass by Kane!  The pk would be the biggest reason for this win if we hold on.  The Ryans in this game have been phenomenal.  Kesler, Callahan, and McDonagh have been our best players.