SterioDesign

All purpose Olympics thread

862 posts in this topic

That "Net must be on its moorings" rule seems like it could easily lead to some absurdities, even more so than it did here.

I know the score is close but of the two periods I've seen of this game it's been pretty poor sloppy play. Constant missed passes and no sustained pressure for either team, lots of penalties also.

That "Net must be on its moorings" rule seems like it could easily lead to some absurdities, even more so than it did here.

I agree considering quick was the one who nudged it off... But on that shot specifically it looks like that minuscule difference actually might have been the difference between the puck sneaking under the crossbar or hitting iron. If the net is where it should be, that shot very well might not have gone in.

the net not in place for the goal would be insane. The goalie dislodged it himself. I would be furious if that kinda call went against my team.

The rules in IIHF are more black and white.

Net must be in place.

High Sticking is called even on a follow through.

Don't like our chances against Ovie, Malkin and Datsyuk

Kovy is leading the game in giveaways

Of course Kovy has to score three in the shootout, reminding us why we can no longer win one :P

1 person likes this

oshie should get to have a 1 man all female orgy after that sh!t. 2 chicks for every goal, 1 chick for every attempt. Put those 100k condoms to use!

2 people like this

I'm not sure what was dumber, the dislodged net rule or how the shootouts are conducted, but damn, that was an entertaining game of hockey.

USA!

How is it not mentally exhausting for a player to take six shootout attempts like that?

Oshie steals the show!

I'm not sure what was dumber, the dislodged net rule or how the shootouts are conducted, but damn, that was an entertaining game of hockey.

USA!

I'm not a fan of the repeat rule either, but boy Oshie was insane.  Even the two he missed he had A+ chances to put them in.  At some point I figured he had to run out of moves.

This is just the preliminary round.  I really hope the US doesn't have a letdown game tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of the repeat rule either, but boy Oshie was insane.  Even the two he missed he had A+ chances to put them in.  At some point I figured he had to run out of moves.

Indeed. Gotta admit Kovy was sweet too. That "changeup" goal was so cool.