Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Z-Man

Larsson sent to Albany

86 posts in this topic

well i guess it's just so he can get back at game speed until they figure out where he fits, there might be a trade coming... probly not but they really have to figure out something

This is probably more for conditioning than anything.   He isn't going to get the minutes here as he would in Albany, with Sal and A-Train healthy (whether I agree or not).

He is back within two weeks.

Definitely a trade/conditioning stint. I'd bet one of Zidlicky and Fayne are gone

1)They have determined they need offense. So they keep Gelinas up. No one will have issues with that

2)They like Merrill a bit more than Larsson right now. I guess that is fine since Larsson has missed a ton of time and Jon has been good 

3)They can't find a trading partner for Salvador or Volch at the moment

4) Larsson needs to play. Although playing in the AHL is not something he really needs to be doing...it is better than the current alternative

Edited by devilsrule33

Definitely a trade/conditioning stint. I'd bet one of Zidlicky and Fayne are gone

If it's not this, I'm baffled.

They didn't specify a conditioning stint the way they did with Tedenby. The hits just keep on coming. We aren't winning OR developing.

1)They have determined they need offense. So they keep Gelinas up. No one will have issues with that

2)They like Merrill a bit more than Larsson right now. I guess that is fine since Larsson has missed a ton of time and Jon has been good 

4) Larsson needs to play. Although playing in the AHL is not something he really needs to be doing...it is better than the current alternative

They definitely won't find any trade partners for either of those two. It's either Fayne or Zid will be likely traded.

Pretty sure teddy was a conditioning stint because it doesn't put him on waivers. We can send larson down without a conditioning stint.

If he is down there for more than a few games, and we are stuck with slow fvck 28 and slow fvck 24 for the rest of the season, I'll be furious.

Edited by Sneax

He should have been there from the start of the season. Gelinas should have been up. The kid needs minutes. His waiver flexibility was favorable, but I am not so sure how much longer they have that luxury. I'd expect Fayne to be traded to the Bruins.

I'm just glad that he'll be getting some real game time. Lou has to clear up this logjam soon though.

Again over Merrill because?

Because he's coming off an injury and they want to get him to game speed. He'll probably be back fairly soon.

They didn't specify a conditioning stint the way they did with Tedenby. The hits just keep on coming. We aren't winning OR developing.

Tedenby needed to be specified as a conditioning stint to avoid waivers. Larsson isn't waiver eligible yet.

Does this management team have a business plan for player use or is it fly by the seat of their pants? Seems like it changes daily with lack of any logic. I agree it's better to play in Albany than ride the bench but DeBoer's logic of he hasn't benn playing wasn't that the same with Salvador and A-Train?  I am beginning to hate, strong word, DeBoer and his mouth.

Lou has got to go, retire Lou ASAP, the sooner the better, let Marty retire with Lou and have one big party and fire DeBoer on the way out the door.

whats the heartrate threshold for cardiovascular activity? does larsson ever skate at that rate to need conditioning?

seriously, I hope adam is back up withing the next week or so. we need some strength behind the goal line and he was providing some before he was injuried

sal volch zid gelly are all pretty scary deep in our end

All good points.  And I hope this is PDB's reasoning.

I'm reading Erat is a healthy scratch tonight.

That would be a very...Lou..thing to do.

Maybe a trade there?

Again over Merrill because?

they want both Larsson and Merrill playing with the big club in the very near future. I think Lou will try everything he can to get a trade done to make that happen.

All good points.  And I hope this is PDB's reasoning.

I'm reading Erat is a healthy scratch tonight.

That would be a very...Lou..thing to do.

Maybe a trade there?

Let's trade urbom for Erat !

I'm hoping we see a trade soon and Larsson will come back up...

lol if that happens then poor Urbom.

Not sure if you are serious in grabbing Erat, but he has a cap hit 4.5 and has ZERO goals. Unfortunately, I fear these are the only type of players the Devils have a shot at.

I don't know what we're doing with this roster. I assume its for conditioning, but who the hell knows anymore.