Brunner Status?

dmon2010

To be fair, Brunner WAS awful for a long time. He started turning it around shortly after Pete scratched him against the Wings.

Kind of weird how his early NHL career has gone...16 points in his first 19 games, then 18 points in his next 52 games (and was bad enough with the Devils to get benched and publicly called out by PDB), now 8 points in his last 6.  It's not terribly uncommon for players to go hot and cold, but it's amazing how extreme his extremes have been. 

Funny thing is, if you didn't know anything about him, you'd see his 21 goals and 21 assists in 77 NHL games and think, "That's pretty good offense."  And it is.  Just kind of funny how he got his numbers. 

Oh well, hope he finds some consistency. 

Kind of weird how his early NHL career has gone...16 points in his first 19 games, then 18 points in his next 52 games (and was bad enough with the Devils to get benched and publicly called out by PDB), now 8 points in his last 6.  It's not terribly uncommon for players to go hot and cold, but it's amazing how extreme his extremes have been. 

Funny thing is, if you didn't know anything about him, you'd see his 21 goals and 21 assists in 77 NHL games and think, "That's pretty good offense."  And it is.  Just kind of funny how he got his numbers. 

Oh well, hope he finds some consistency. 

He also got hot during the playoffs and led the Wings in goal scoring.

Brunner was atrocious for 20 games or so here. No other way to put it. He was getting shots, but they were all really crappy shots. He did not look comfortable doing anything even when he had time and space. It was like when the NBA stars lost their basketball skills in Space Jam. 

There are a lot of things that fans don't think of when evaluating a player. Brunner is a little fragile. He talked about having no confidence at all and being lost in the system. This stuff happens and is often overlooked. Glad he seems to have gotten his mojo back.

i agree brunner has been like a little funky he started pretty hot then turned into a completely useless pile of dog crap... and then he was on fire and he comes back from injury and seems to be exactly where he left off..smokin' ..i hope he can ride this hot streak out now and stay decent for us

i agree brunner has been like a little funky he started pretty hot then turned into a completely useless pile of dog crap... and then he was on fire and he comes back from injury and seems to be exactly where he left off..smokin' ..i hope he can ride this hot streak out now and stay decent for us

The inconsistency could be something as simple as a relatively new NHLer trying to figure out the game after playing in the Swiss leagues for several years.  At least he seems to be fighting his way through it now...almost sounded like he was beaten there for a while.   

Brunner has and always will be streaky.

this comment... you dont know that, he came to a new team with a new style all new players once everyone started clicking in maybe he just wasnt finding his place..he seems to have found that place now i think and im hopeful that he will be alright from here on out

this comment... you dont know that, he came to a new team with a new style all new players once everyone started clicking in maybe he just wasnt finding his place..he seems to have found that place now i think and im hopeful that he will be alright from here on out

I do know this actually.

Brunner has and always will be streaky.

Based on what?  His NHL career is 77 games old.  That's not a large enough sample to make any declarations. 

Even if he was streaky in the Swiss leagues (I have no idea, I haven't looked for any Brunner Swiss League game logs, and I'm guessing you probably haven't found any either), I don't think that has any bearing on what kind of a player Brunner will be in the NHL.