GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Rangers - 12:30pm on NBC - Stadium Series Editio

Colin226

Brodeur can't be defended in any way tonight. There are goalies who stop ALL 6 of what he gave up tonight. There were no incredible tips or 150mph howitzers to the top corner. It was lame trickly garbage.

Even on the 3-1 that goals was SOFT. The second Zuccarello goal was a joke as well. Stralman...forget it.

Brodeur broke the Devils backs today. This was not a shooting gallery. These were floaters and tricklers.

I only saw three Rangers goals (4th, 5th, and 6th), but none of those three can be pinned on Brodeur.  The 3 on 1 was a redirection to the opposite side of the net that the pass was going to, that's usually a goal against anybody, and the other two goals were deflected by his own defensemen.  You've had it out for Brodeur for years, so clearly you are having a hard time analyzing these goals objectively or have never actually played goalie yourself, or both.

As big of.a brodeur.supporter i am schedier needs to b the number 1for the rest of the season if we want to attempt to make the playoffs. That was the worst game ive ever seen him play. He should have stopped at least half.of them. As a.golie myself i.cant fault him on odd man breaks as its not easy on tje goalie (the d and the tram are supposed to prevent them)

Edited by bobilly45

Brodeur can't be defended in any way tonight. There are goalies who stop ALL 6 of what he gave up tonight. There were no incredible tips or 150mph howitzers to the top corner. It was lame trickly garbage.

Even on the 3-1 that goals was SOFT. The second Zuccarello goal was a joke as well. Stralman...forget it.

Brodeur broke the Devils backs today. This was not a shooting gallery. These were floaters and tricklers.

I agree completely unfortunately.  Yes the defense was horrible, but not one of the goals the Rags scored came off of good scoring chances.  Even the 3 on 1 goal by Zuccarello was more due to bad lateral movement by him.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the Nash goal because of the deflections.  All 6 goals should have been stopped no matter how bad some of the defensive breakdowns were.

As big of.a brodeur.supporter i am schedier needs to b the number 1for the rest of the season if we want to attempt to make the playoffs. That was the worst game ive ever seen him play and every goal was very stoppable

I'd agree with everything there except the last part. They weren't all stoppable. The difference was, the Brodeur of old would have found a way to stop a few of them. He just doesn't have that anymore. It's sad to see, but I hope this helps him realize it's time to end it at the end of the season. 

I agree completely unfortunately.  Yes the defense was horrible, but not one of the goals the Rags scored came off of good scoring chances.  Even the 3 on 1 goal by Zuccarello was more due to bad lateral movement by him.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the Nash goal because of the deflections.  All 6 goals should have been stopped no matter how bad some of the defensive breakdowns were.

How can you say "not one of the Rags goals came off of good scoring chances" and then immediately say "even the 3 on 1". In what league is a 3 on 1 not a good scoring chance?

I'd agree with everything there except the last part. They weren't all stoppable. The difference was, the Brodeur of old would have found a way to stop a few of them. He just doesn't have that anymore. It's sad to see, but I hope this helps him realize it's time to end it at the end of the season. 

I'd like to know which goal was not stoppable.

The Brodeur of old wouldn't have had to worry about liabilities such as Volchenkov running him over and having his ass facing the shot and the complete and utter slowness of Salvador and the cluelessness of Fayne. As much as Brodeur could have/should have gotten one or two....there's no way he's walking into the HOF behind that kind of defense his whole career.

How can you say "not one of the Rags goals came off of good scoring chances" and then immediately say "even the 3 on 1". In what league is a 3 on 1 not a good scoring chance?

The 3 on 1 wasn't some sort of amazing passing play.  He had enough time to get to his post.  Zuccarello simply snuck the puck in past him.

I'll comment more on this later.. But I'm sitting in Penn Station right now, thinking this whole thing over.

In general, what an awesome experience. My dad and I had an absolute blast, the atmosphere was amazing (and cold, especially in the 2nd period) but it was great.

Brodeur was awful this game. The D was bad, but he literally didn't make a single big save. Every single dangerous shot got by him.. That second goal was a back breaker. Devils had the momentum, the game was theirs.. And in the blink of an eye, the Rangers had all the momentum.

Positives? JJ looked good, hope he gets a chance. This should solidify Cory as the starter for the rest of the season, no questions asked.

Shame they couldn't get this win in, would've been great to send these a$$holes home without something to cheer about.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We agree. How bad was the trip home since the game was delayed and therefore probably effected transportation?

The Brodeur of old wouldn't have had to worry about liabilities such as Volchenkov running him over and having his ass facing the shot and the complete and utter slowness of Salvador and the cluelessness of Fayne. As much as Brodeur could have/should have gotten one or two....there's no way he's walking into the HOF behind that kind of defense his whole career.

He should have gotten all 6 imo.  It's not a matter of one or two goals.

Anyway this is what happens when you don't play well and Brodeur is in net - the Rangers are fast and NJ made a lot of bad plays that helped that speed out.  We can only hope this is what gets the coaching staff to see what a lot of others are seeing - Brodeur is through and should play, at most, in back to back games the rest of the season.  

I know all of you would think that I wouldn't agree with the above remarks, but I do  +1000

He should have gotten all 6 imo.  It's not a matter of one or two goals.

Should have? Doubtful. Don't know how anyone can say he should've saved all 6 of those. But could he have? Yes. None of them were unstoppable. If he saves even 1 or 2 of those then it's a totally different game. Marty let the team down to make it 3-2 and didn't bail them out even once to give them confidence back when that's usually his specialty. It was really tough to watch today having seen Marty do exactly that for his whole career.

Edited by PWW

Well, the one where his defenseman was plowing him over… or either of the uncovered one-timer 2 on 1's… or the one Fayne tipped in… 

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the first one.  But he didn't get plowed over, he merely got nudged.

The 3 on 1 goal wasn't a one time.  Zuc skated the puck in, and shoveled the puck in.

The Nash goal was a pass that Fayne tipped.  But it was going like 30mph.

The 3 on 1 wasn't some sort of amazing passing play.  He had enough time to get to his post.  Zuccarello simply snuck the puck in past him.

It's still a 3 on 1 though… As in, there are 3 different options you need to think about. Only in Devil land is a pass from one side of the goal to the other a 'stoppable shot'. I'm not saying he played well. He was bad, but if any goalie makes that save it's on plays of the week. 

This is just the usual post-game witch hunt, where 2 or 3 players are dragged into the streets because the team lost.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Should have? Doubtful. Don't know how anyone can say he should've saved all 6 of those. But could he have? Yes. None of them were unstoppable. If he saves even 1 or 2 of those then it's a totally different game. Marty let the team down to make it 3-2 and didn't bail them out even once to give them confidence back when that's usually his specialty. It was really tough to watch today having seen Marty do exactly that for his whole career.

The 2nd Rags goal belongs in the "should have" category.

I do think a butterfly goalie stops all of those goals though.  I'd say that all of the goals were a result of bad positioning more than anything.

It's still a 3 on 1 though… As in, there are 3 different options you need to think about. Only in Devil land is a pass from one side of the goal to the other a 'stoppable shot'. I'm not saying he played well. He was bad, but if any goalie makes that save it's on plays of the week. 

I get what you're saying, but it's definitely a goal he could have stopped.

The 2nd Rags goal belongs in the "should have" category.

I do think a butterfly goalie stops all of those goals though.  I'd say that all of the goals were a result of bad positioning more than anything.

I get what you're saying, but it's definitely a goal he could have stopped.

Yeah, he 'could' have. But that doesn't mean it isn't a good scoring chance. Assuming any goalie, be it Marty, Cory, or Hasek in his prime, should be stopping 2 on 1's, 3 on 1's, and deflections from his own team is just placing blame and ignoring the real problems. There shouldn't be that many odd man chances and our d-men should figure out how to block or not block shots. 

First, I'm sure glad I didn't pay those ridicules prices to see this game. Also, funny how people want to scream about how bad we are...were you screaming when we were up 3-2? I put a significant portion of blame on the coaching staff. I love Marty, but to leave him in as long as we did, was bad coaching.

For those ripping Lou, let me remind you that this past off season, and probably last one too, Lou was hamstrung by the ownership situation. He was clearly limited in what he could commit to based on the fact the team was for sale. In hindsight, I'll bet the whole Kovalchuck situation was the result of the Devs finances. It's ridicules to start screaming about Lou.

first of all, it's NOT because of the financial situation that lou simply refuse to talk to players during the season SO we kept guys like clarkson who could have got a "decent" return (based on what Clowe got from the sharks which were also in the race for the playoffs so stop the excuse now folks) Lou didnt do certain moves simply because he wanted to do things his way. No cause he was strapped. I've said it before but clarkson was the perfect example. Any GM would have sat with the guy at least before the trade deadline to know his demand so that he knows if he'd be able/willing to keep him or not. Lou simply DENIED that part of the process and gave up on the negociations only when it was too late.

Sure we got clower which may be a better player than Clarkson, but how 'bout clowe and 2 2nd nd pick or wtv? cause with simply a simple discusssion we could have had that. But we didnt cause Lou didnt want to talk during the season.

Edit: even more if you know youre cash strapped... then you go the extra mile and make sure you can stack on picks and prospect and don't overpay for guys. Leaving players and yourself in the dark until after the season (when its too late) is simply not the right way to deal with things when youre in a corner

Edited by SterioDesign

deflections, kicks, odd mans, and its all Marty's fault.  This is asinine.  He didn't play great but he's not the reason they lost.  The Devils had Lundqvist on the ropes in the first and they let him off.  This is what happens in those types of situations.  The rest of the game they were like pylons.  The team sucked!