Colin226

GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Rangers - 12:30pm on NBC - Stadium Series Editio

559 posts in this topic

He's sh!tting the bed. 6 goals is 6 goals is 6 goals is 6 goals. He was an incredible goalie; best of all time. But he is the sole reason why this game is out of hand. Our defense is pinching so much because they're behind two goals. They're behind two goals because Marty hasn't made a goddamned save yet. If you don't think this game is a result of Marty over Corey, I think you're dumb.

It's a combination. The defense was a joke. Marty could make a save though. He hasn't really made a big save to bail his sh!tty D out. Everyone was to blame that period.

He's made a grand total of zero "good" saves. It sure as hell isn't 5-3 if Schnieder is in net

Thank you for being realistic. You have my respect.

Too many rushes, but Marty's got no mobility in front of the goal mouth. Most of those rushes, the dman took out the puck handler. Marty has to get across for the pass. I was in favor of him playing this game for sentimental and practical reasons. I thought if he was going to be decent for a game, this would be it. But he's been terrible. 

The Devils skaters were totem polls out there...  No goalie would have made a difference.  The Devils have played soft the entire game and that is because of their lack of speed.  Gelinas made a bad play but he's no different that Salvador who did the same exact thing that also led to a goal.  Not only that Sal went back for his stick after the puck was already gone in the other direction.

Hope we have another big third period in us. But 3 goals may be too much to overcome. Lundqvist has settled down a bit which is also bad news.

Need to get back to dumping and chasing the puck in though. Guys are trying to skate through the blueline for some reason and it's leading to Rangers chances.

I will personally drive bryce salavador to the airport. He couldn't suck any harder. Pathetic sick joke that he has the C.

Ur an idiot.

Oh bite me. Fans have been waiting a while for a marquee exciting game like this and Marty decided to play like a$$hole. He's made zero saves. Yep- odd man rushes are killing him. But he's let in junk and made zero saves that gave his team a chance to compete in this game.

The Devils biggest flaws are just being exposed. All of them. Including coaching. 

Hope we have another big third period in us. But 3 goals may be too much to overcome. Lundqvist has settled down a bit which is also bad news.

Need to get back to dumping and chasing the puck in though. Guys are trying to skate through the blueline for some reason and it's leading to Rangers chances.

I can't even fathom the team I just watched tying this game.

I will personally drive bryce salavador to the airport. He couldn't suck any harder. Pathetic sick joke that he has the C.

You can borrow my car. I'll even pay for the gas.

It's a team wide breakdown. Marty can't bail them out and hasn't stolen anything for them. I think they'd still be losing with Cory in all game, but Cory needs to start the third and try to spark the team a little.

Thank you for being realistic. You have my respect.

Well, sh!t.

I want to murder puppies when I see him make a retarted pinch or lob another lazy puck at a defenders shin.

It's a combination. The defense was a joke. Marty could make a save though. He hasn't really made a big save to bail his sh!tty D out. Everyone was to blame that period.

The defense sucked, but NHL goalies need to make saves. He hasn't made one comfortable save all game. He looks like an 80s goalie where if the pass goes across the ice on a 2-on-1, it's an automatic goal.

Cory has been left out to dry a few times and makes it look really easy.

I'm not saying our guys aren't to blame here but the refs are pretty accountable for at least a couple of the Ranger goals, and for that non-call on Stralman taking out Carter on his shot, that should have been at least a 2 minute, if not a penalty shot (would have preferred the 2 min given our penalty shot record).

We just lost the drive and speed we had in the first, the bad calls and a bit of lucky bounces for the rangers. Seriously, I respect your opinion but we gotta also stop trying to blame Salvador for things. And Marty. It's like these guys are gods when they play well, but magnets for sh!t talk when they have a bad day. Just sounds like a broken record

The Devils biggest flaws are just being exposed. All of them. Including coaching. 

Yeah here we go with the "Fire DeBoer" calls again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Legion15

He's sh!tting the bed. 6 goals is 6 goals is 6 goals is 6 goals. He was an incredible goalie; best of all time. But he is the sole reason why this game is out of hand. Our defense is pinching so much because they're behind two goals. They're behind two goals because Marty hasn't made a goddamned save yet. If you don't think this game is a result of Marty over Corey, I think you're dumb.

This 100%, people don't seem to get what playing from behind does to a team! we were in a perfect position to win! then Marty let in softies and bad goals. Then we started breaking down every other play because we are playing catch up.

Also I don't expect Marty to make all the saves on the odd man rushes, but he didn't even come close to making one. Cory absolutely stops some of those.

Salvador is trash as well. Whole d is looking bad today though, so he must be taking a page from praises book and leading by example.

Scott Stevens better make the adjustments... especially the breaking foward up the center and those turnovers at the blueline.

The defense sucked, but NHL goalies need to make saves. He hasn't made one comfortable save all game. He looks like an 80s goalie where if the pass goes across the ice on a 2-on-1, it's an automatic goal.

Cory has been left out to dry a few times and makes it look really easy.

And he hasn't been hung out THAT badly. Rushes are bad, but on all of them, all Marty's had to do is cover half the net. The dman who got back has taken out the first shot, making the Rags predictable as hell.

Pete Deboer "we're in the business of winning hockey games"

Doesn't mention the asterisk next to it that says "unless it makes Marty unhappy"

Marty won't be pulled. His ego can't handle it and PDB doesn't have the balls.

Wasn't he pulled in game one of the SCF against Colorado? I don't think it has to do with his ego, I just don't think DeBoer wants to make it a big deal. Because you know the Raghead fans in their 94 jerseys will be chanting Marrrrrrty all period