Colin226

GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Rangers - 12:30pm on NBC - Stadium Series Editio

559 posts in this topic

The Devils have pretty much guaranteed they won't be in any more games like this for a long time

Great replay of Volchenkov knocking down Marty leading to a goal.

He both screened AND knocked down Marty. :argh:

Glad they've just let this totally devolve into a Ranger broadcast...

Its a shame too because there are tons of Devils fan here but there is nothing to cheer for. I haven't been this pissed off about a game in awhile.

The Devils decided the best way to honor the red and green uniforms was to play like a Mickey Mouse team today. :argh:

The Devils have pretty much guaranteed they won't be in any more games like this for a long time

Because they are playing a bad game?

Great point really counters what I said, oh wait it doesn't. Full retard mode activate.

Haha, who's in retard mode? If anything, I countered what you said Rags fans might say.

For everyone leaping off the ledge, keep in mind that despite all the pomp and circumstance its a regular season game. It sucks, but days like this happen. Don't slit your wrists.

Just saw a photo of the Stepan breakaway and he has Zajacs stick in his hand. Devils obviously played embarrassingly awful but refs weren't much better today

I got to see Alain Vigneault's pre-game speech and not Deboer's one. I can guess why. If I was in the media and had the ear of anyone in the NHL, I would make sure THAT would guarantee the Devil's didn't see a game like this for a while.

Edited by devils102

Embarrassed on the national stage like this. I hope Lou is happy

You think Lou hated this kind of thing before.... He's gonna crack down like never before. We'll be lucky if the players are allowed to have names and numbers on their jerseys next year.

Its a shame too because there are tons of Devils fan here but there is nothing to cheer for. I haven't been this pissed off about a game in awhile.

Yes, more Devils then Rangers fans for sure. It's a shame that the flaws of the personnel constructed by a GM who can pretty much do nothing wrong and still be employed ruined the time, money and perhaps even the reputation of the organization on a big stage. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

For everyone leaping off the ledge, keep in mind that despite all the pomp and circumstance its a regular season game. It sucks, but days like this happen. Don't slit your wrists.

TRUE. But keep in mind that because of all the pomp and circumstance it is the worst time to fall apart. This team just lost complete legitimacy with this game.

I just can't stand this. Have a shot to be in a playoff spot u would think the players would play harder but it's like they don't want a playoff spot

They sh!t the bed in just about every way in the second period, no question. Bad defense and unlucky deflection off Zidlicky's ass, they didn't deserve to win.

I got to see Alain Vigneault's pre-game speech and not Deboer's one. I can guess why. If I was in the media I would make sure THAT would guarantee the Devil's didn't see a game like this for a while.

Yeah everything added together. The refusal to give access and play ball leading up to

It, plus laying an egg on top of it all.

Hope Cory gets the start Tuesday against blues

He is. This game pretty much solidified Cory as the starter for 85-90% of the rest of the season.

I wish Janssen was at least there to punch someone. But if he was he would probably just fall down and the fight would end, the way this game has gone.

Edited by mfitz804

Cory should be the official number 1 from here on out. I love Marty but Idk if he has anything left which sux

TRUE. But keep in mind that because of all the pomp and circumstance it is the worst time to fall apart. This team just lost complete legitimacy with this game.

Meh, I think that's an over-statement. They played a bad game. It happens. I don't see how it soils the reputation of an organization that has an established track record of success because of one sh!tty afternoon in January.

He is. This game pretty much solidified Cory as the starter for 85-90% of the rest of the season.

Wait until Pete gets up there and says that Brodeur was the victim of bad luck and bounces and the defense didn't help him and it was one of those days...blah blah blah. 

I said earlier this season in a thread that Brodeur getting embarrassed in this game would spell the end for him, but he wasn't embarrassed as much as the score suggested and Pete's going to see it in that way, too.

Thing that sucks is that this team deserves more attention. They've won the cup the second most amount of times in the past 20 years and have arguably the best goalie of all time. But, Kovalchuk splitting, not having a first round pick in what looks like a top 10 spot this year, plus losing terribly in a big event will keep this club in the media basement and an embarrassing organization.

One thing i will love to see is Pete's postgame interview it will be great hahahahahaha.....NOT

Meh, I think that's an over-statement. They played a bad game. It happens. I don't see how it soils the reputation of an organization that has an established track record of success because of one sh!tty afternoon in January.

I agree. I saw the interview with Lou during yesterday's televised practice. He seemed very happy to have the Devils participate.