Colin226

GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Rangers - 12:30pm on NBC - Stadium Series Editio

559 posts in this topic

Meh, I think that's an over-statement. They played a bad game. It happens. I don't see how it soils the reputation of an organization that has an established track record of success because of one sh!tty afternoon in January.

Did you watch the coverage leading up to the game. The media and Bettman's NHL has a complete disregard for this team's reputation. Hockey fans in the know do know that the Devils are a world class organization, but the casual fan has no clue.

Thing that sucks is that this team deserves more attention. They've won the cup the second most amount of times in the past 20 years and have arguably the best goalie of all time. But, Kovalchuk splitting, not having a first round pick in what looks like a top 10 spot this year, plus losing terribly in a big event will keep this club in the media basement and an embarrassing organization.

An 'embarrassing organization'? Are you on paint thinner? My God, the overreaction is ridiculous...

An 'embarrassing organization'? Are you on paint thinner? My God, the overreaction is ridiculous...

Yep, they're a mess but in the big picture this game means nothing.   Unless every time in the league is going to press them as hard as humanly possible to draw them into 7-3 clusterfvcks

Ya all those embrassing organization thing is getting redic. Just relax ppl. We are all mad they played like this but we only have one loss this year to them

I'm not accusing the Devils of being embarrassing. However, the way that the Devils are portrayed and their success is ignored they are painted as the Mickey Mouse organization that Gretzky named them.

Feel bad for a lot of guys on the team and the fans.

This should have been a really memorable experience for a lot of guys, and it really couldn't have been more of a disappointment.

Another failure by the HC and Marty. Just terrible. You can't be a playoff team when you can't hold leads and don't play more than 25 to 30 minutes of quality hockey.

Hopefully we sell after the Olympic break. But we won't and we will realize its a mistake only afterwards.

First, I'm sure glad I didn't pay those ridicules prices to see this game. Also, funny how people want to scream about how bad we are...were you screaming when we were up 3-2? I put a significant portion of blame on the coaching staff. I love Marty, but to leave him in as long as we did, was bad coaching.

For those ripping Lou, let me remind you that this past off season, and probably last one too, Lou was hamstrung by the ownership situation. He was clearly limited in what he could commit to based on the fact the team was for sale. In hindsight, I'll bet the whole Kovalchuck situation was the result of the Devs finances. It's ridicules to start screaming about Lou.

Vigneault's adjustments during the first break and then the second, good coaching...

That's the thing that bothered me the most about the game, not backing off and making it difficult after the 3-1 lead.   It's as if they were in a feeding frenzy trying to destroy the Rangers and it backfired horrifically

Yeah even I agree that's harsh. I think the organization is however flying without a clear idea of where it's going and what they can do and want to do. Deboer and Brodeur and Lou are a big part of this. We need to clean up and chart a course.

Another failure by the HC and Marty. Just terrible. You can't be a playoff team when you can't hold leads and don't play more than 25 to 30 minutes of quality hockey.

Hopefully we sell after the Olympic break. But we won't and we will realize its a mistake only afterwards.

Yea let's sell when we have no first round pick and we still have a shot at the playoffs.  That would be a bad move.

calling us an embarrassing as an organization is ridiculous. This is one of the best franchises historically in all of sports.

Yea let's sell when we have no first round pick and we still have a shot at the playoffs.  That would be a bad move.

if we sold we might have a 1st round pick!

That's the thing that bothered me the most about the game, not backing off and making it difficult after the 3-1 lead. It's as if they were in a feeding frenzy trying to destroy the Rangers and it backfired horrifically

Seemed to me more like they quit after Marty's softy made it 3-2. If they had more than one quality chance in the second period Id be stunned. No excuse for that Mickey Mouse effort.

Boy talk about poor reading comprehension by some of you on here. I didn't nor do I claim the Devils are embarrassing. What I'm saying is that the media ignores the Devils' success over the past 20 years and concentrates on the bad and therefore makes us look embarrassing.

Seemed to me more like they quit after Marty's softy made it 3-2. If they had more than one quality chance in the second period Id be stunned. No excuse for that Mickey Mouse effort.

No, they were pretty aggressive in the first and made some good plays and finished, so they weren't played back at much.   But when I envisioned Devils and outdoor game, I was thinking of bad ice and a halfcourt slog, that was not at all what this game was.   They kind of lost their collective minds.   That goal where Greene tried to enter up the middle was their game in a nutshell.

No, they were pretty aggressive in the first and made some good plays and finished, so they weren't played back at much.   But when I envisioned Devils and outdoor game, I was thinking of bad ice and a halfcourt slog, that was not at all what this game was.   They kind of lost their collective minds.   That goal where Greene tried to enter up the middle was their game in a nutshell.

when you are so far behind you have to try force plays to get back into the game. The devils are good when we are in the lead and force teams to play our game, we are terrible when we have to play someone elses.

No, they were pretty aggressive in the first and made some good plays and finished, so they weren't played back at much. But when I envisioned Devils and outdoor game, I was thinking of bad ice and a halfcourt slog, that was not at all what this game was. They kind of lost their collective minds. That goal where Greene tried to enter up the middle was their game in a nutshell.

In the first yeah, but not after that. And if they were pinching too much it's partly cause this goalie can no longer stop a beach ball and they know they have to score 4+ to win.

Edited by NJDevs4978