Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bekim

Discuss - Most Likely Trade Deadline Targets

412 posts in this topic

I think I would target Milan Michalek. At 6`2 215 with good size and speed he is the type of player DeBoer likes to wear down the opposition.

Supposedly things aren't working out so great for him in Ottawa, too. He could be a good addition if the price isn't too high. Still relatively young, which is nice. Load up on Czechs, I guess!

Also, I'm not sure where people are hearing Severson+ for Cammalleri, but I highly doubt Lou would do that. Lou really likes Severson, and Cammalleri surely would not be worth a prospect of Severson's caliber. 

I think we can target Havlat as well.  The Devils have had pretty good success with reclamation projects recently; Zidlicky, Poni, Sykora, etc.  Both Michalek and Havlat wouldn't cost much.  I definitely think Ottawa needs help at defense.  Salvador would fit their needs.  I'm not sure what San Jose would ask for Havlat though.

Supposedly things aren't working out so great for him in Ottawa, too. He could be a good addition if the price isn't too high. Still relatively young, which is nice. Load up on Czechs, I guess!

Also, I'm not sure where people are hearing Severson+ for Cammalleri, but I highly doubt Lou would do that. Lou really likes Severson, and Cammalleri surely would not be worth a prospect of Severson's caliber. 

I would dangle Severson just to see if any team would offer up a blue chip forward or forward prospect.  Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Havlat is to injury prone. Milan would be a nice addition though, a goal scorer, that's what we need.

I think we can target Havlat as well. The Devils have had pretty good success with reclamation projects recently; Zidlicky, Poni, Sykora, etc. Both Michalek and Havlat wouldn't cost much. I definitely think Ottawa needs help at defense. Salvador would fit their needs. I'm not sure what San Jose would ask for Havlat though.

I would dangle Severson just to see if any team would offer up a blue chip forward or forward prospect. Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Havlat is to injury prone. Milan would be a nice addition though, a goal scorer, that's what we need.

So?  It wouldn't hurt if we can get him for nothing.

I really hope the only place people heard that was from he hockeyyinsiderr. That would be the most insanely idiotic trade I can remember. It would be Mike Milbury horrendous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would want Michalek. At least he'd stop scoring against us.

We would t get him for nothing and he isn't going to make a difference

So? It wouldn't hurt if we can get him for nothing.

On one hand you have winning the cup... which is HIGHLY unlikely. What if we do win the cup? Well great we have another cup of course its awesome but again, nothing would have changed and we'd have a worst team next season. 

We would t get him for nothing and he isn't going to make a difference

You don't know that because that's the whole idea of a reclamation project would be.  Like I said it would be a low risk move.

Unless we move a defensemen we can't afford his cap hit.

You don't know that because that's the whole idea of a reclamation project would be. Like I said it would be a low risk move.

You don't know that because that's the whole idea of a reclamation project would be.  Like I said it would be a low risk move.

Someone who's constantly on IR can't be a reclamation project.

Another day of no moves to even marginally improve this steaming pile of mediocrity... Yaaaaaaaaaay.

I thought Lou may do something before the olympic deadlinen but why would I delude myself like that? I must be nuts...

Another day of no moves to even marginally improve this steaming pile of mediocrity... Yaaaaaaaaaay.

I thought Lou may do something before the olympic deadlinen but why would I delude myself like that? I must be nuts...

Devils have 6 games to play before the March 5 deadline.  I think those 6 games go a long way towards Lou deciding whether he's a buyer or a seller, and to what degree (not to mention if he's thinking about this season or future seasons).  But I'd be surprised if he does anything before that. 

If this team tanks in the next 6 and falls below NHL .500, I've got to think Lou sees what he can get for Jagr and, yes, Martin Brodeur, though that would be tricky considering Kinkaid may not be an NHL goaltender.  But I think keeping Marty around (if the team collapses) would not be the best idea, unless Marty understands that the job still needs to be Schneider's, no matter what; unfortunately, if the Devils fall out of this, Marty will probably expect more starts...kind of one last victory lap and one last bone thrown his way.  As if selling Schneider on re-signing with the Devils wasn't already going to be iffy this offseason.   

Selling would be so dumb.  They're 2 points out of a playoff spot.  And if we do make it, there isn't one team in the East that can steamroll us in the playoffs.  Any team we play we could make a series out of.

Outside of Pittsburgh or Boston maybe.

Boston maybe, but PITTSBURGH ABSOLUTELY NOT. We can win a series 4-1 against Pittsburgh, we've had their number since Crosby was drafted.

why make a trade before the olympics? see if injuries occur and new trade needs might open up.

why make a trade before the olympics? see if injuries occur and new trade needs might open up.

I'd say our trade needs have been crystal clear for at least a month though...

we've played very well against Pittsburgh this year (and in recent years for that matter). I would not fear them in the playoffs at all.

It's not like there are a bunch of deals happening and NJ is on the outside.  Nothing of significance is happening right now.

That would be the biggest heist in awhile.

Zubrus-Zajac-O'Rielly

Elias-Stastny-Parenteau

Clowe-Henrique-Ryder

Carter-Loktionov-Bernier

Why is that writer allowed to write? That package would probably get Jagr + Henrique +

I think the writer is saying Jagr for Stastny or Parenteau not Jagr for both.

Edited by CarpathianForest

I think the writer is saying Jagr for Stastny or Parenteau not Jagr for both.

The author of that article has no credentials whatsoever