Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

With the trade deadline happening in a little over a week, I thought it'd be a good time to start a trade deadline thread.  This should be devoted to rumors (credible sources like McKenzie, Lebrun, Dreger, etc) and trade happenings. Try to avoid guys like Єklund (2.3% accurate) and fourthperiod.

Edited by SMantzas

Man I hope this deadline isn't boring.  I'm hoping for some big ones.

Man I hope this deadline isn't boring. I'm hoping for some big ones.

Yeah and hopefully we'll be involved. Hell, we need to be- one way or the other.

I can't wait! I really hope Lou wows us like he did last trade deadline!!!!

The Steve Sullivan deal... That was a game-changer. It was crazy around here that day. :P

Oh yeah.  Steve Sullivan was the blockbuster of the year.  Didn't we give up a 2nd rounder for him?? God, hopefully a 5th or something

Edited by RizzMB30

Oh yeah. Steve Sullivan was the blockbuster of the year. Didn't we give up a 2nd rounder for him?? God, hopefully a 5th or something

It was a 6th.

Dreger says 99 percent that Callahan gets traded. MacKenzie said that seven teams have talked to the Isles about Vanek, and one offer was rejected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rangers are really putting the pressure on the Callahan camp - I don't think it's 99% that he's traded, but I do think it's well over 50% at this point.

Apparently Dreger also mentioned in a radio interview tonight that Kesler was close going to Pittsburgh right before the roster freeze.

Apparently Dreger also mentioned in a radio interview tonight that Kesler was close going to Pittsburgh right before the roster freeze.

It would be nice if we had a couple generational players that other players would want to play with so those "generational players" could win them a Stanley Cup.

How is this possible? They would use Kesler as a 3C?

I guess they could always shift him as a winger. It'd probably cost something like Maatta to get it done

It would be nice if we had a couple generational players that other players would want to play with so those "generational players" could win them a Stanley Cup.

I'd be interested to know what Pittsburgh would've been sending back. Kesler wouldn't come cheap. What his contract status? If he's under contract for a while, that would be an expensive get.

I'd be interested to know what Pittsburgh would've been sending back. Kesler wouldn't come cheap. What his contract status? If he's under contract for a while, that would be an expensive get.

Pittsburgh always manages to do sh!t like this.

Pittsburgh always manages to do sh!t like this.

It seems that way, doesn't it?

He has a very favorable deal. $5 million AAV, under contract for two more years. So you have to give up a top flight prospect at least to get him.

Apparently he's having an MRI on his finger, so that might nix any deals if the results aren't good.

I should add that Dreger said Toronto was looking for a top four defenseman. Maybe we get lucky and Nonis thinks Sal fits the bill.

He has a very favorable deal. $5 million AAV, under contract for two more years. So you have to give up a top flight prospect at least to get him.

Apparently he's having an MRI on his finger, so that might nix any deals if the results aren't good.

Yeah I'd be starting the conversation with Olli Maata then, and ending the conversation very quickly if Pittsburgh refused to include him.

Not earth shattering, but we apparently have a scout in Buffalo watching Sabres-Canes.

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 16m

This tells you something: Which teams do NOT have a scout in BUF press box tonight? FLA, NYR, NYI, ANA, PHX, CGY. That's all. Uh-huh.

Another team that could be a huge player for someone like Vanek would be the Ducks. They have two very good goalie prospects in Gibson and Andersen.

Don't get your hopes up. Lou will probably end up getting something like Scott Gomez or Mike Cammallerri.

Kesler is held together with duct tape - I have no interest in him and I think there's some element of buyer beware on him.

Kesler is held together with duct tape - I have no interest in him and I think there's some element of buyer beware on him.

You're wrong! He's very good at the Greg Louganis!