The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

What makes a thread "official" - I was thinking of starting a Salvador appreciation thread and was hoping it could be the official one.

A. This isn't the 2012 post season

B. I think that thread closes rather quickly after the mods realize you and Mike Brown are the only Salvador Appreciators.

Kesler is held together with duct tape - I have no interest in him and I think there's some element of buyer beware on him.

Yes and he has a ton of off the ice baggage to boot over the years in Vancouver. He's a guy I think some team that trades for him will think they got a steal and end up regretting it.

Pittsburgh has a ton of D - they are keeping Maatta, but I could see them moving Simon Despres in a deal for Kesler. For some reason he hasn't made the Penguins full-time despite being pretty darn good and he's a guy the Canucks would like, I imagine.

I am beyond impressed with Maatta. Kessler seems to be an odd fit in Pitt.

just read this on Hockey30 (from Quebec) 

- Le nom de Martin Brodeur circule de plus en plus au Minnesota.

- Les journalistes couvrant les activités du Wild sont d'avis que Brodeur serait une bien meilleure solution que Ryan Miller puisqu'il va coûter bien moins cher à obtenir.

- Ajoutons aussi le fait que deux des enfants de Brodeur fréquentent l'école Shattuck-St. Mary’s qui est située dans la région du Minnesota.

- Évidemment, Brodeur devra accepter de lever sa clause de non-échange, mais on raconte qu'il serait excité de rejoindre les rangs du Wild

Pretty much saying that Brodeur's name is circulating a lot in Minnesota and that both of his kids is going to Shattuck-St. Mary right now in Minnesota and that he'd be excited to join them.

Marty isn't worth anything, I mean cmon he's done after this year or next and his play has slipped dramatically. However if the Wild did give us something of value for Broduer, I might forgive them for the pillaging of Zach Parise.

Marty the player is not worth much, if anything at this point.  I am just wondering if his name is worth something to some.

Maybe I am remembering this wrong but didn't word come out that when Chicago was interested in him back in 2012 off-season that a good chunk of it was to sell tons of jerseys with his name on it?

I think Marty's name definitely carries weight - as does Jagr's (although he definitely has more left in the tank than Marty at this point)

I've said it before - there are plenty of stupid GMs in this league.  I seriously think Lou could get something relatively substantial for him.

Is there any realistic situation in which we get Maatta and they get Jagr?

Also, does anyone remember Gionta crushing that kid in the opener in Pittsburgh? No one ever said a word about it, no highlights or anything. I'm beginning to think I imagined it

Edited by thecoffeecake

@TGfirandice: Jagr said again today he doesn't want to be traded. Hasn't discussed it with Lamoriello, though.

@TGfireandice: Jagr said if Lamoriello did try to trade him, though, teams should talk to him first "to make sure I want to go there."

@TGfireandice: Jagr doesn't have no-trade, but suggested he might not go to some teams. "I have no contract. I have one month left."

@TGfirandice: Jagr said again today he doesn't want to be traded. Hasn't discussed it with Lamoriello, though.

@TGfireandice: Jagr said if Lamoriello did try to trade him, though, teams should talk to him first "to make sure I want to go there."

@TGfireandice: Jagr doesn't have no-trade, but suggested he might not go to some teams. "I have no contract. I have one month left."

Atta boy Jags!  You know Lou will comply.

...looks like I'm going to go ahead and take the opposing side on this one.

He sounds like a spoiled brat.  Sorry Jags, the Devils are about the team, not catering to your needs.  The same has been applied to Marty - if Lou finds a good deal for Jagr he should take it.  Jagr legally/contractually has no say where he can and can't go.

Edited by Devilsfan118