The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Usually i ignore you, as i've seen enough of your posts, but are you serious with this? 

I'd love to see your reaction if Brodeur beats the Devils later this month and damages their playoff hopes. Trust me, i'll be the first one looking for you.

Lol. I love it.

Lol. I love it.

I knew you would. You know that this is all hypothetical, for Christ Sake, right? To see you get your pants in a bunch over an opinion/concern about a situation and something that might not happen at all is ridiculous in of itself. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

You don't think Brodeur knows the Devils and has a nice advantage against them, either?

It's about Brodeur getting a chance to come back, beat you AND damage your playoff hopes. This isn't like Eddie Giacomin coming back. The Devils are going to need that game. If he all of a sudden turns into vintage Brodeur for one night out of, maybe, spite and circumstance? Some of you are acting like this couldn't happen.

If the Devils miss the playoffs, it'll be due to other factors overall. With the way this season has gone, if you don't think there's a possibility of Brodeur being the one to hammer the nail in....then let's talk afterward if/when this happens. 

You're missing the tone of my post...I was telling mfitz that it's only one person is really expressing concern about one specific scenario that he is now attributing to "everyone".  It wasn't knocking you.

I'll worry about it if it actually comes to pass.  The one thing we know about Marty is that he's been inconsistent as hell the past two seasons.  I think he's just as likely to get lit up as he is to have a big game against the Devils.  At any rate, the Devils would be pretty mentally soft if they're afraid of 2014 Marty. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

You're missing the tone of my post...I was telling mfitz that it's only one person is really expressing concern about one specific scenario that he is now attributing to "everyone".  It wasn't knocking you.

I'll worry about it if it actually comes to pass.  The one thing we know about Marty is that he's been inconsistent as hell the past two seasons.  I think he's just as likely to get lit up as he is to have a big game against the Devils.  At any rate, the Devils would be pretty mentally soft if they're afraid of 2014 Marty. 

Ok, gotcha no problem...attention got diverted from the game haha.

I knew you would. You know, this is all hypothetical. To see people get their pants in a bunch over an opinion/concern about something that might not happen at all is ridiculous in of itself.

See, what's funny is that IF the Devils do trade Marty to Minnesota and all your hopes and dreams come true and the Devils lose to Minnesota, you would STILL not be right. One game is never the reason you don't trade someone, and one player is never the reason you lose a game. Nor is there any way to predict whether Marty will either play well against us or poorly. For that reason alone your point is invalid. Additionally, we play 15 different teams over the rest of the year, by your logic, Marty can't go to any one of them. 

Edited by Neb00rs

See, what's funny is that IF the Devils do trade Marty to Minnesota and all your hopes and dreams come true and the Devils lose to Minnesota, you would STILL not be right. One game is never the reason you don't trade someone, and one player is never the reason you lose a game. Nor is there anyway to predict whether Marty will either play well against us or poorly. For that reason alone your point is invalid. Additionally, we play 15 different teams over the rest of the year, by your logic, Marty can't go to any one of them. 

My hopes and dreams? Don't be a schmuck.

We don't agree and leave it at that (if you can). But, you can bet, we'll come right back to this if the stars line up. 

My hopes and dreams? Don't be a schmuck.

We don't agree and leave it at that (if you can). But, you can bet, we'll come right back to this if the stars line up. 

Don't turn around now and act like you didn't start the nastiness.

Additionally, your point was silly and deserves the flak it gets.

Edited by Neb00rs

Don't turn around now and act like you didn't start the nastiness. 

Additionally, your point was silly and deserves the flak it gets.

From my recollection, you're the one who attacked my post with an arrogant, condescending reply to start it off and you're still going strong even when i just said you can't let it go because we don't agree. 

You're the only one giving flak because, well, that's you. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

From my recollection, you're the one who attacked my post with an arrogant, condescending reply to start it off. 

There is a difference between calling someone else's post silly or the idea they are presenting silly and then being immature and responding with

"Usually i ignore you, as i've seen enough of your posts, but are you serious with this?"

First off, as a noob, don't come in disrespectful like that.

Then, when you say something like:

I'd love to see your reaction if Brodeur beats the Devils later this month and damages their playoff hopes. Trust me, i'll be the first one looking for you.

It makes you seem bitter and seems like you are more hoping for this to happen than anything else. 

And again, your point is silly and deserves the flak it gets.

There is a difference between calling someone else's post silly or the idea they are presenting silly and then being immature and responding with

First off, as a noob, don't come in disrespectful like that.

Then, when you say something like:

It makes you seem bitter and seems like you are more hoping for this to happen than anything else. 

And again, your point is silly and deserves the flak it gets.

You came looking for it with your first reply. You set the tone here. As i said, it's you being you. Usually, i just ignore you but you came in extra condescending and arrogant and you're still going at it long after i said you can't stop. As a matter of fact, you're looking like a dick all over the place today.

Edited by TheRedStorm

You came looking for it with your first reply. You set the tone here. As i said, it's you being you. Usually, i just ignore you but you came in extra condescending and arrogant and you're still going at it long after i said you can't stop. 

This is the last response you're getting. You need to have thicker skin, you are going to have a hard time around here starting out with your attitude, I should know. I attacked the merits of your post, you - not even having been here long enough to know how I post - attacked me as a poster. You have been on this board since yesterday, and I do not care if you ignore me. I kid you not, I did not even knew you existed until today.

Edited by Neb00rs

This is the last response you're getting. You need to have thicker skin, you are going to have a hard time around here starting out with your attitude, I should know. I attacked the merits of your post, you - not even having been here long enough to know how I post - attacked me as a poster. You have been on this board since yesterday, and I do not care if you ignore me. I kid you not, I did not even knew you existed until today.

LOL, last response? Finally? You promise?

:yay:  PLONK! Bye BYE!  :yay:

Edited by TheRedStorm

Marty has been terrible this year, I have no interest in him playing anything resembling starting role ever again.

Doesn't mean I won't be sad to see the most important player in this franchise's history get traded.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Agreed, I feel the same way. But that's a far cry from "now he's going to beat us".

TSN.ca had this on stastny:

Could this be Paul Stastny's last week as a member of the Colorado Avalanche?

The Denver Post's Adrian Dater writes that if the Avs are unable to get the 28-year-old re-upped before the deadline, they could deal him rather than risk losing him for nothing over the summer as an unrestricted free agent.

"You want to keep winning and don't want to break that chemistry, but at the same time if something happens, it happens. It's just part of the business. Some things I can't control and I just worry about what I can control — and that's playing hockey," Stastny told the Post.

Dater believes the Avs could probably expect a young defenseman in return and one that might still have time left on an existing deal or, if not, a pending restricted free agent.

There is no mention of the Devils, but given his father played for us, and what they would be looking for in return (supposedly) does anyone think we would be able to get a deal done given what we have?

There is no mention of the Devils, but given his father played for us, and what they would be looking for in return (supposedly) does anyone think we would be able to get a deal done given what we have?

Not so sure Peter Statsny would necessarily endorse the Devils.  Herb Brooks was pretty harsh towards him in his final year.  (Basically called his one-year, $700,000 deal with the Devils a huge heist.)  Was kind of too bad, re:  Peter and his Devils career...the Nords knew what they were doing when they traded him for Wolanin...his numbers look OK for the Devils because it was still live-puck back then, but he was declining fast, especially compared to what he had been before.   

Im still nervous about the idea of throwing a young guy who could be part of our future for a rental who we might not be able to re-sign and god knows if he'd really help us for a playoffs push.

We know were an average skilled team but we can still battle hard and i'd rather just hope for the best this season and try to sign a UFA instead of renting one who could ultimately hurt our depth even more.

I mean we all know our depth on the D is solid, but i feel there's too much "bahhh those players are really expendable cause we have a bunch so who cares?" well geez... sure but thats all we have! You still have to be smart and try to turn those guys into something for the future. I'd really rather see a prospects flip Dman/Forward with another organization with lot's of forward depth and lacking dmen or something than throwing away those guys for rental who might walk or not help at all.

Not so sure Peter Statsny would necessarily endorse the Devils.  Herb Brooks was pretty harsh towards him in his final year.  (Basically called his one-year, $700,000 deal with the Devils a huge heist.)  Was kind of too bad, re:  Peter and his Devils career...the Nords knew what they were doing when they traded him for Wolanin...his numbers look OK for the Devils because it was still live-puck back then, but he was declining fast, especially compared to what he had been before.   

I see, Peter was before my time, so I wasn’t really aware of this.

In terms of the link between his father and the Devils I was trying to get at whether or not Paul may be on the Devils radar or have more of an interest/ awareness, since there is a family tie. And to a lesser extent would there be an endorsement from Peter.

From what you have said above the endorsement sounds unlikely.

If we can get a guy like Statsny, I'd trade just about anything for him. If only to get that 8th year in his contract. WE don't have certain prospects at center, we get a guy like him, our down the middle of Statsny and Zajac is really strong for the next few years.

If we can get a guy like Statsny, I'd trade just about anything for him. If only to get that 8th year in his contract. WE don't have certain prospects at center, we get a guy like him, our down the middle of Statsny and Zajac is really strong for the next few years.

Very risky to count on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again why trade a guy like i dont know... Merril + Fayne and a pick or wtv for him and gamble on a season where everything that could go wrong went wrong. 

When we could just wait and make him an offer next summer and possibly have him + Merril + Fayne (if he re-sign) and that pick for our future

Edited by SterioDesign

Peter certainly didn't oppose himself to the idea when Talking Red floated it in their interview with him.

Edited by Marshall

Peter certainly didn't oppose himself to the idea when Talking Red floated it in their interview with him.

What did he say?  I'm not implying that Peter is anti-Devil BTW...more just pointing out that it wasn't all sunshine (though it could've been more of a Statsny-Brooks issue than a Devil-related one).