The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

So if Brodeur wants out, can we trade Anthony too? cause really... fvck off Marty.

While the organization has been more than good to Marty and vice versa it's somewhat pissing me off that he's not willing to put some water in his wine now after all of that, Deboer gave him a super long leash that was really not deserved this season, he doesnt seem to appreciate that and im sure he was not feeling bad when cory was rotting on the bench while he was CLEARLY the better goalie.

So if Brodeur wants out, can we trade Anthony too? cause really... fvck off Marty.

While the organization has been more than good to Marty and vice versa it's somewhat pissing me off that he's not willing to put some water in his wine now after all of that, Deboer gave him a super long leash that was really not deserved this season, he doesnt seem to appreciate that and im sure he was not feeling bad when cory was rotting on the bench while he was CLEARLY the better goalie.

What did Marty say or do that was so awful?

Marty wants to play, what's the problem there?

Larsson for Statsney?

Only if there's an extension already in place.  It's way too risky to give up a lot for what could be a rental.

@tshold: Martin Brodeur might be on the move out of New Jersey. His gear is no longer in the Devils locker room. #Devils #TradeCentre

I saw this too.  I don't know how reliable this is.  I would think not very since TG or especially Chere would have reported it.

Only if there's an extension already in place.  It's way too risky to give up a lot for what could be a rental.

I saw this too.  I don't know how reliable this is.  I would think not very since TG or especially Chere would have reported it.

I am calling BS

Tired of people giving any credence to random idiots on social media networks :angry:

Tell us how you really feel

Only if there's an extension already in place. It's way too risky to give up a lot for what could be a rental.

Oh agreed, for sure.

Now about Brodeur to Minnesota, does Heatley in a one for one swap make sense? I'm not in the office or I'd look up his contract status.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

Oh agreed, for sure. Now about Brodeur to Minnesota, does Heatley in a one for one swap make sense? I'm not in the office or I'd look up his contract status. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Heatley isn't Heatley anymore (46 points in his last 97 GP).  I know the same could be said of Brodeur, but Heatley has been steadily declining since '09-'10.  This season and last have been awful.  I think I'd rather have a draft pick over Heatley. 

What did Marty say or do that was so awful?

I just don't like how he can't keep his mouth shut, that he's doing it on purpose or the media is tweaking/nitpicking what he says to make it look worst. Him keeping on giving away all those quotes about him willing to go cause he's not 100% happy is still putting pressure on DeBoer/team saying "well if i dont play more i want out", thats pretty selfish to me and got to be awkward in the locker room at times.

There's nothing wrong with saying that you don't want to talk about the situation, bunch of players is doing it. 

Cory has handled his UNFAIR "not playing time" like a total professional with his quotes. Marty has handled his FAIR not playing time like a whinny bitch

Edited by SterioDesign

I am calling BS

Tired of people giving any credence to random idiots on social media networks :angry:

@tshold is Taylor Shold, Associate Producer of the NHL Network.. Not saying this is legit but also just pointing out this isn't just a random idiot

Devils have an off day today. No press around the room today. So.....

Tweet came out around 1am, so it's not hard to believe that Lou finished a deal (or basically has one in place) after last night's game and the staff waited until after all players and personnel were gone to move his stuff out. Lou wouldn't want to call much attention to this until it can be announced. Just sayin... Let's keep an eye on it

Tweet came out around 1am, so it's not hard to believe that Lou finished a deal (or basically has one in place) after last night's game and the staff waited until after all players and personnel were gone to move his stuff out. Lou wouldn't want to call much attention to this until it can be announced. Just sayin... Let's keep an eye on it

I think it is legit. Seeing how Elias was after the Isles game and how Greene got the puck for Marty.

I'm more interested in whether Lou has anything else up his sleeves.

I just don't like how he can't keep his mouth shut, that he's doing it on purpose or the media is tweaking/nitpicking what he says to make it look worst. Him keeping on giving away all those quotes about him willing to go cause he's not 100% happy is still putting pressure on DeBoer/team saying "well if i dont play more i want out", thats pretty selfish to me and got to be awkward in the locker room at times.

There's nothing wrong with saying that you don't want to talk about the situation, bunch of players is doing it. 

Cory has handled his UNFAIR "not playing time" like a total professional with his quotes. Marty has handled his FAIR not playing time like a whinny bitch

This is so absurdly off-base and this is you trying to play amateur psychologist and attempting to see what you want to see.  Marty has barely said ANYTHING about his situation, other than when he's been asked about it, and even then, his quotes haven't been anything awful.  He's been pretty honest without ripping anyone or complaining or making his situation a distraction.      

Cory complained too and talked about his frustration at being back in the same situation as with Vancouver earlier in the season.  By your standards, he should be labeled a whiny bitch then as well. 

Marty is constantly hounded by Chere, et al, about this because those idiots have nothing else to write about.  He has never ducked the media and always answered questions.  Why should he stop now?  And do you really think the players within the room don't realize without his quotes to the media that Marty wants to play more and is frustrated by the situation?  

At this point, I just hope Marty gets traded soon so I can stop listening to the constant bashing of anything and everything he does and says. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck

At this point, I just hope Marty gets traded soon so I can stop listening to the constant bashing of anything and everything he does and says. 

At this point, I just want something about the Devils season to have some entertainment value. 

This... the guy can't go to the bathroom without Chere dunking his head in the bowl to see if there's any hint at a trade in there.

It's Devils hockey...there's nothing entertaining about it!  You should know that by now.

Generally there tends to be.  This season in particular though has been very meh.  Playoffs are iffy, and there's no first round draft pick to at least make losing at least a little interesting. 

@tshold is Taylor Shold, Associate Producer of the NHL Network.. Not saying this is legit but also just pointing out this isn't just a random idiot

He is AN associate producer AT the NHL Network (we don't know which program or what kind of responsibility; these TV biz job titles are always inflated and misleading)...

He looks young, has a website with a bunch of his portfolio stuff (assuming he's looking for a job), and only 1000 or so followers. I wouldn't give him too much credence...

Edited by DJ Eco