The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

Murray claims that he hasn't been dealt, with Buffalo this year though you can never be sure, it's an absolute fire sale this year

There's no way he's not gettting traded really, they'd be dumb passing over the return they could get, and not as if they are still playing for something

he played 2 days ago

Against an AHL team....

Yes. It would be ridiculous...but yes

but not straight up for Moulson

I HIGHLY doubt Marty waives his NTC to go to Buffalo

well Datsyuk is not playing i think so it may not be too bad

I like our chances against a Detroit club missing Zetterberg and Datsyuk!

Marty would reject buffalo. He wants to play but not give up 6 goals a game and lose 15 out of 20

So he wants a time machine then?

Marty is all but traded.  The powers that be know this already.  There must be some strategy behind the actual "trigger pulling" of the trade.  For Marty to speak the way he has, openly in the media, it must mean he is trying to drop hints.

Secondly, if anyone saw the look on Marty's face during yesterday's game, it was like the guy was basically re-visiting all his memories as a Devil and was very sad about the days to come...

well... if Lou was considering trading him... i assume he wouldnt take the chance to get him injured the day before the trade deadline? just a thought

Lou's getting soft in his old age. Don't forget, we're only 7 months removed from us trading to select Anthony Brodeur at the draft in Newark haha...

Nah, but on a personal level, if a trade is already in place, it'd be "the right thing to do" for Lou to give him this last game, and incredibly classy if Minnesota's GM offered him that opportunity. A Martin Brodeur trade isn't "business as usual" for most GMs or fans throughout the league.

Francessa had some interesting tidbits about Callahan.  He generally is tuned into what goes on in MSG, so I don't think he's making it up.

Basically, he said that the Rags might be of the mind to just hang on to Callahan even without a new deal by the trade deadline, and take their chances at the end of the year. 

He also mentioned that in order for the St. Louis deal to happen, a third team would need to be involved, i.e. that Tampa doesn't really want Callahan, especially if he isn't signed to a new deal. 

Lou's getting soft in his old age. Don't forget, we're only 7 months removed from us trading to select Anthony Brodeur at the draft in Newark haha...

Nah, but on a personal level, if a trade is already in place, it'd be "the right thing to do" for Lou to give him this last game, and incredibly classy if Minnesota's GM offered him that opportunity. A Martin Brodeur trade isn't "business as usual" for most GMs or fans throughout the league.

If I had to guess, Lou doesn't love the return that has been offered, and maybe is hoping a good start inches it up a little.  That's especially the case if Buffalo can't manage to unload Halak by the end of the day tomorrow.

If there was indeed a deal in place, Marty wouldn't be starting tomorrow. What organization would agree to a trade and then let him play another second for a team that's not them?

Edit: DD beat me to it

the same organization that traded the 9th pick for cory schneider yet waited 24 hours to tell everyone because of special circumstances. yes, its a little different but i could see him get dealt the morning of the 5th to minny.

Marty would not be starting if a trade is already in place. If a trade was agreed to, Marty would be on his way to a new team.

Not necessarily a trade in place.  But perhaps there have been discussions, and Lou didn't think the terms were worth it.  You hold off closer to the deadline when Halak may not be another option, and Marty plays well, it could turn a third round pick into a second round pick, or maybe a fourth into a third. 

If I had to guess, Lou doesn't love the return that has been offered, and maybe is hoping a good start inches it up a little.  That's especially the case if Buffalo can't manage to unload Halak by the end of the day tomorrow.

Lou would not be starting Marty in arguably the most crucial game of the season simply to drive up his trade value.  It's either because Pete's gone off the reservation and put Cory back in the doghouse based on his one iffy start and bad goal against the Jackets, or the more likely scenario - giving Marty the sendoff he deserves.

Francessa had some interesting tidbits about Callahan.  He generally is tuned into what goes on in MSG, so I don't think he's making it up.

Basically, he said that the Rags might be of the mind to just hang on to Callahan even without a new deal by the trade deadline, and take their chances at the end of the year. 

In other words, reason's returned.  So much for the theory that teams should dump all their good UFA's even if they're solidly in the playoffs.  Or they were bluffing all along as I thought, trying to get Callahan to sign pre-deadline.

Edited by NJDevs4978