The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

yeah, i'm not worried about there being uncertainty about who the number 1 is. marty said today cory is #1. cory played 8 of last 9. there is no question.

there's too much smoke for there not to be fire.

I just don't think it is solved until it is solved.

If this is Brodeur's farewell, it be kind of an unprecedented situation. Have a hard time believing this is a planned last game by all the parties involved. But who knows. Lou has always had a special relationship with Marty that is different than anyone else in the organization.

If it's not though...we can all just shake our head.

Skip to 1:50 for a great anecdote from McKenzie:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=26723&navid=nhl:topheads

cool tidbit with Lou. Though it's kind of interesting that Dano is asking McKenzie questions that he really knows all the answers to (for the sake of the TV show that is) Daneyko I'm sure knows exactly what's going on behind the scenes.

Take it for what it is...

@incarceratedbob: **BREAKING NHL TRADE**Source: Devils n Wild look very close to finalizing deal that would send the #GREAT Marty Brodeur to Minnesota

And Eklunk just tweeted that they are not in on Brodeur but on Halak and Bryz. lol

Take it for what it is...

@incarceratedbob: **BREAKING NHL TRADE**Source: Devils n Wild look very close to finalizing deal that would send the #GREAT Marty Brodeur to Minnesota

it is literally worth nothing.  you wasted 15 seconds, and i wasted 3 reading this.

although i do love the #GREAT hashtag - who is checking out the great hashtag right now

Edited by Triumph

it is literally worth nothing.  you wasted 15 seconds, and i wasted 3 reading this.

although i do love the #GREAT hashtag - who is checking out the great hashtag right now

Yeah, incarceratedbob is not even worth a disclaimer like "take it for what it's worth".  Not only does he blatantly make things up, but there are allegations that through various twitter accounts, that he runs dicey gambling schemes where he attempts to move point spreads.  This is one of many interesting reads on him (or they).

http://davidpurdumsports.com/2013/06/11/what-happened-when-i-tried-to-interview-incarcerated-bob/

No, that's not confirmed at all and there's no way Lamoriello would let such a trade leak.  Maybe the Brodeur camp would, but I think Marty knows that loose lips sink ships.  Deb has just confirmed that there is a report out there, but that the Wild are denying it.

Brodeur and Wild agree to trade for Brodeur, according to the NY Daily News. WOW!!!

Brodeur has to agree to it, but wants one last game in NJ. Looks like tonight will be it.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/source-brodeur-start-devils-trade-wild-article-1.1710083

Still speculation.