Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

Jagr isn't going anywhere

The fact that Brodeur is willing to go somewhere else just to be a backup as well (only a slightly more active backup) is very telling. I mean why? What's the point. To go somewhere else where you'll start 6 of the last 20 as opposed to the 3-4 that you'll play here?

He wants 700 wins, wants or needs money, and wants to play next season based on previous two.

Jagr isn't going anywhere

The fact that Brodeur is willing to go somewhere else just to be a backup as well (only a slightly more active backup) is very telling. I mean why? What's the point. To go somewhere else where you'll start 6 of the last 20 as opposed to the 3-4 that you'll play here?

The idea of Marty playing for another team will be a big deal. That's enough for Marty and his ego.

The idea of Marty playing for another team will be a big deal. That's enough for Marty and his ego.

that'll leave us without a backup though. Are we getting a goalie back in return? I don't mean somebody's AHL garbage who's worse than Brodeur

Things would be so much easier if Brodeur would just realize who he is at this point and accept his role

Edited by '7'

that'll leave us without a backup though. Are we getting a goalie back in return? I don't mean somebody's AHL garbage who's worse than Brodeur

Things would be so much easier if Brodeur would just realize who he is at this point and accept his role

Marty's ego is driving the trade train. Wins, records, playing....nonsense. He wants to be big news.

Lou HAS to extend Jagr's contract.  He has earned it.

Marty will be staying too.  

I don't think Lou makes any moves unless someone is really desperate to just dump someone (e.g. Havlat, Erat) for nothing.

Marty's ego is driving the trade train. Wins, records, playing....nonsense. He wants to be big news.

Reporters asking him about trades and reading into everything he says is what is driving the trade train. 

Reporters asking him about trades and reading into everything he says is what is driving the trade train. 

The counterpoint is I don't think anyone has ever answered as truthfully to trade rumour questions than Brodeur before or allowed the questions to keep coming in. Not saying it is right or wrong, but the man has never heard of the phrase, "no comment" or "I don't want to speak about it".

Edited by devilsrule33

The counterpoint is I don't think anyone has answered truthfully to trade rumour questions than Brodeur before or allowed the questions to keep coming in. Not saying it is right or wrong, but the man has never heard of the phrase, "no comment" or "I don't want to speak about it".

One of the reasons reporters always loved him was because he was honest and willing to speak his mind. It's not the best approach at all right now. 

The counterpoint is I don't think anyone has answered truthfully to trade rumour questions than Brodeur before or allowed the questions to keep coming in. Not saying it is right or wrong, but the man has never heard of the phrase, "no comment" or "I don't want to speak about it".

Yup, that strategy has really helped shut down the rumors and discussions about Ryan Kesler.

Brodeur possibly being traded is a big story, especially for a Devils team that hasn't really been a reporter's dream this year. So no matter how he answers the questions, it'll still be discussed. And if he doesn't get traded, Chere will immediately start asking him every day if this is his last year or if he would sign somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also hearing Detroit.

fvck I really wish we could get in on Kesler

fvck I really wish we could get in on Kesler

Without trading Henrique, we have no chance at getting him.  And we can't afford to trade Adam.

This 100%. Marty has not only answered the trade questions but the follow-ups too and even expanded upon his position. Typical Marty and I don't fault him. Secondly, the media is not driving the trade rumors, the media is responding to the direct quotes from Brodeur saying "I would accept a trade depending on where it is...", "I want to play and if I have have to go somewhere else to do that then I will..." etc...

Edited by Neb00rs

Per TG, Minnesota has contacted Lou about Marty.

Whichever team trades a big package for Kesler will regret it.

Per TG, Minnesota has contacted Lou about Marty.

Minnesota has 2 4th round picks in 2014, I suppose one of those for Brodeur or am I way off? They also have all of their 2015 picks if they wish to move any of them. 

Love Marty and it seems like both Marty and the Devils benefit from a trade. We shall see.

Cbc (Kevin weekes ) just say Brodeur lift his non trade clause... Not sure if that is valuable

Is this really gonna happen?  :(

I wouldn't be surprised if Weeksie still keeps in contact with Marty.  Wanna know what's ironic?  Weeksie had to suffer through riding the bench because of Marty.  And now Marty wants a trade because he's stuck behind Cory.

What would happen to this place if Marty gets traded to Minny, get's reunited with Zach, and the Devils play the Wild in the SCF?

Marty for a 4th? I'd rather keep Marty if that's the deal

Take it in all honesty. Just get him out of here before he winds up saying something wrong or becomes a bigger distraction with his passive aggressive comments or actions. He's a 500lb gorilla each day he walks into the locker room from here on out. Give the team to CS and let him go play without the gorilla in the room anymore.

Take it in all honesty. Just get him out of here before he winds up saying something wrong or becomes a bigger distraction with his passive aggressive comments or actions. He's a 500lb gorilla each day he walks into the locker room from here on out. Give the team to CS and let him go play without the gorilla in the room anymore.

Eh, I disagree. I think Marty has been pretty decent about his role. Trading him for high round picks in this draft seems a bit wasteful.

Can't get too upset. It'd be nice for him to retire here, but it's clear he doesn't care, so why should we?