Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

Why would we have to "showcase" Marty lol the guy has been in the league for like 75 years and there's tapes and videos of each games. Not as if he's a young prospects or something.

Showcase his current level of play

It's going to be very strange if Marty gets a big sendoff...only for him to end up staying.

Going to be a weird night tomorrow, unless Lou or Marty come out definitely and say that nothing is up and that he's going nowhere.

Absolutely nothing, it's just my gut. My gut's telling me that this decision is not just because Schneider had one lackluster game...

Don't see why they would? Detroit's a big draw anyway and announcing something like that before the game would be a crazier distraction than anything else. Writing's on the wall and I can't help but think tomorrow's game is gonna be rammed to capacity.

i don't even know if the Pru Center has standing room only areas...but if they do tomorrow is the time where they can actually use them

well... if Lou was considering trading him... i assume he wouldnt take the chance to get him injured the day before the trade deadline? just a thought

ww1c3s.gif

Showcase his current level of play

If one game of this Marty Brodeur makes a difference for you, Mr GM of whatever NHL team, then you are terrible and should be fired.

Moulson wasn't at his morning skate. He should be on the move shortly. Please come to nj

Murray claims that he hasn't been dealt, with Buffalo this year though you can never be sure, it's an absolute fire sale this year

There's no way he's not gettting traded really, they'd be dumb passing over the return they could get, and not as if they are still playing for something

could marty go to sabres? 

if traded that is

Yes. It would be ridiculous...but yes

but not straight up for Moulson

Edited by '7'

he played 2 days ago

Against an AHL team....

I HIGHLY doubt Marty waives his NTC to go to Buffalo

well Datsyuk is not playing i think so it may not be too bad

I like our chances against a Detroit club missing Zetterberg and Datsyuk!

and devils could have traded for miller or vanek last year, in the tallinder trade + marty +

cant make this stuff up folks.

Marty would reject buffalo. He wants to play but not give up 6 goals a game and lose 15 out of 20

Edited by JRZYRIPPER

Marty would reject buffalo. He wants to play but not give up 6 goals a game and lose 15 out of 20

So he wants a time machine then?

marty's potential trade is front page on NHL.com now.

just press play, bedy bedy intadesting

Edited by lazer

Marty is all but traded.  The powers that be know this already.  There must be some strategy behind the actual "trigger pulling" of the trade.  For Marty to speak the way he has, openly in the media, it must mean he is trying to drop hints.

Secondly, if anyone saw the look on Marty's face during yesterday's game, it was like the guy was basically re-visiting all his memories as a Devil and was very sad about the days to come...

well... if Lou was considering trading him... i assume he wouldnt take the chance to get him injured the day before the trade deadline? just a thought

Lou's getting soft in his old age. Don't forget, we're only 7 months removed from us trading to select Anthony Brodeur at the draft in Newark haha...

Nah, but on a personal level, if a trade is already in place, it'd be "the right thing to do" for Lou to give him this last game, and incredibly classy if Minnesota's GM offered him that opportunity. A Martin Brodeur trade isn't "business as usual" for most GMs or fans throughout the league.

Francessa had some interesting tidbits about Callahan.  He generally is tuned into what goes on in MSG, so I don't think he's making it up.

Basically, he said that the Rags might be of the mind to just hang on to Callahan even without a new deal by the trade deadline, and take their chances at the end of the year. 

He also mentioned that in order for the St. Louis deal to happen, a third team would need to be involved, i.e. that Tampa doesn't really want Callahan, especially if he isn't signed to a new deal. 

Lou's getting soft in his old age. Don't forget, we're only 7 months removed from us trading to select Anthony Brodeur at the draft in Newark haha...

Nah, but on a personal level, if a trade is already in place, it'd be "the right thing to do" for Lou to give him this last game, and incredibly classy if Minnesota's GM offered him that opportunity. A Martin Brodeur trade isn't "business as usual" for most GMs or fans throughout the league.

If I had to guess, Lou doesn't love the return that has been offered, and maybe is hoping a good start inches it up a little.  That's especially the case if Buffalo can't manage to unload Halak by the end of the day tomorrow.

Marty would not be starting if a trade is already in place. If a trade was agreed to, Marty would be on his way to a new team.

If there was indeed a deal in place, Marty wouldn't be starting tomorrow. What organization would agree to a trade and then let him play another second for a team that's not them?

Edit: DD beat me to it

Edited by SMantzas

If there was indeed a deal in place, Marty wouldn't be starting tomorrow. What organization would agree to a trade and then let him play another second for a team that's not them?

Edit: DD beat me to it

the same organization that traded the 9th pick for cory schneider yet waited 24 hours to tell everyone because of special circumstances. yes, its a little different but i could see him get dealt the morning of the 5th to minny.

Marty would not be starting if a trade is already in place. If a trade was agreed to, Marty would be on his way to a new team.

Not necessarily a trade in place.  But perhaps there have been discussions, and Lou didn't think the terms were worth it.  You hold off closer to the deadline when Halak may not be another option, and Marty plays well, it could turn a third round pick into a second round pick, or maybe a fourth into a third.