Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

Many things are moving in the direction of Brodeur leaving - so again, I don't have a problem if, at the end of the game, Brodeur does something special to indicate, hey, he's gone.  If no such thing occurs, then yeah, it's an issue, but dr33, there's just not a guy of Brodeur's stature or anywhere close who's currently a backup.  I mean, DeBoer says that they have 2 #1 goalies, then Brodeur doesn't play for 8 games.  There's clearly a pattern being established here.

I don't know. I mean he's not traded until he is. They can have agreed to a deal in principal but wanted to give Marty one more start at home, perhaps by his request, or whatever - and his new team could make this exception before signing the papers on Wednesday. But for all we know, this is a just in case kind of thing.

Just spitballing here (and doubt it ever happens) but if a trade is in place before the game starts it is possible that Marty 'starts' the game and is pulled at the first whistle. :P

yeah, i'm not worried about there being uncertainty about who the number 1 is. marty said today cory is #1. cory played 8 of last 9. there is no question.

there's too much smoke for there not to be fire.

yeah, i'm not worried about there being uncertainty about who the number 1 is. marty said today cory is #1. cory played 8 of last 9. there is no question.

there's too much smoke for there not to be fire.

I just don't think it is solved until it is solved.

If this is Brodeur's farewell, it be kind of an unprecedented situation. Have a hard time believing this is a planned last game by all the parties involved. But who knows. Lou has always had a special relationship with Marty that is different than anyone else in the organization.

If it's not though...we can all just shake our head.

Just spitballing here (and doubt it ever happens) but if a trade is in place before the game starts it is possible that Marty 'starts' the game and is pulled at the first whistle. :P

They wouldn't do that without getting a backup.

Price has been placed on IR.

It's retroactive, so I don't think he'll be out that long.

Brodeur has been announced as the starter for tomorrow vs. the Wings. I guess he will not be traded tonight or tomorrow.

again, if, he is traded you got to think a Dman is going with him no?

Take it for what it is...

@incarceratedbob: **BREAKING NHL TRADE**Source: Devils n Wild look very close to finalizing deal that would send the #GREAT Marty Brodeur to Minnesota

@incarceratedbob: **BREAKING NHL TRADE**Source: Devils n Wild look very close to finalizing deal that would send the #GREAT Marty Brodeur to Minnesota

And Eklunk just tweeted that they are not in on Brodeur but on Halak and Bryz. lol

And with Incarcerated Bob being brought in, the Marty trade has officially jumped the shark.

Also, me posting that means Єklund (2.3% accurate) is about to predict Marty goes to the Sharks. (e4)

it is literally worth nothing.  you wasted 15 seconds, and i wasted 3 reading this.

although i do love the #GREAT hashtag - who is checking out the great hashtag right now

Edited by Triumph

Brodeur and Wild agree to trade for Brodeur, according to the NY Daily News. WOW!!!

Brodeur has to agree to it, but wants one last game in NJ. Looks like tonight will be it.  

it is literally worth nothing.  you wasted 15 seconds, and i wasted 3 reading this.

although i do love the #GREAT hashtag - who is checking out the great hashtag right now

Yeah, incarceratedbob is not even worth a disclaimer like "take it for what it's worth".  Not only does he blatantly make things up, but there are allegations that through various twitter accounts, that he runs dicey gambling schemes where he attempts to move point spreads.  This is one of many interesting reads on him (or they).

http://davidpurdumsports.com/2013/06/11/what-happened-when-i-tried-to-interview-incarcerated-bob/

No, that's not confirmed at all and there's no way Lamoriello would let such a trade leak.  Maybe the Brodeur camp would, but I think Marty knows that loose lips sink ships.  Deb has just confirmed that there is a report out there, but that the Wild are denying it.

Just posted an article in Hell about it

Deb tweeted it. Waiting Marty's approval for one last nj game

You should have quoted the entire tweet.  Emphasis mine.

Deb Kaufman Placey @DebPlacey 20m

Unconfirmed report that a deal's been reached to send Marty Brodeur to Minnesota, awaiting his approval. #Wild so far says not true

Brodeur and Wild agree to trade for Brodeur, according to the NY Daily News. WOW!!!

Brodeur has to agree to it, but wants one last game in NJ. Looks like tonight will be it.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/source-brodeur-start-devils-trade-wild-article-1.1710083

Still speculation.