Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

I don't think zid goes, jagr and him seem to have something of a friendship going. I would imagine that if we trade zids, we don't retain jagr for another year.

I'd be shocked to see Lou sell anyone but I'd love to move Zidlicky and get Larsson back up here. I'm not Zidlicky's biggest fan though...

Not that my two cents means much, but until NJD are mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs Lou would never sell at the deadline. I am a bigger fan of Zids than I was, but still wouldn't mind seeing him go, *cough* Salvador, to get Larsson back up.  Unfortunately, the market value for what NJ could afford to move probably isn't high. I am pretty sure that has been the general consensus around here for a while though. Tonight's game is probably going to play a huge role in any decisions.

Zids is far too valuable in a playoff push, Gelinas in the lineup gives him a breather from having to be the only D than can provide any offense.

FYI: Scott Gomez is available to sign...

Penner to WSH for a 4th

Bryz to MIN for a 4th

VIktor Fasth to Edmonton

You should have quoted the entire tweet.  Emphasis mine.

If she did tweet that, it's not there now.

Penner to WSH for a 4th

Bryz to MIN for a 4th

VIktor Fasth to Edmonton

Minnesota's goalie problems have been solved in a humongous big way. 

Penner to WSH for a 4th

Bryz to MIN for a 4th

VIktor Fasth to Edmonton

penner for a fourth round pick?? Where are we in these kinds of trades? I would have liked to see penner a Devil for a 4th

Why am I thinking Dany Heatly was on his way to the Garden State and now, "poof," nothing...

Cory Conacher would be nice! Some speed and skill would be much needed. Get on it Lou

we already have Clowe and Bernier we don't need another slow dump truck in Penner. He wouldn't look quite as good here as he did this year in Anaheim where he was in a stacked lineup

Edited by '7'

Robidas going from Dallas to Anaheim now, apparently.  Ducks shipped Wsh's 4th right to Dallas for him.

Nucks Mullen to Ottawa for Costello"@DarrenDreger: Canucks trade Patrick Mullen to Ottawa for Jeff Costello."

Edited by CarterforPresident

My prediction:  Lou doesn't make a single trade.  He claims Gomez off waivers.  Fin.

What an afternoon.. And yeah, it'd appear that Ducks are dropping a couple contracts off to go for the big kahuna...

I'd be shocked to see Lou sell anyone but I'd love to move Zidlicky and get Larsson back up here. I'm not Zidlicky's biggest fan though...

Ditto

My prediction: Lou doesn't make a single trade. He claims Gomez off waivers. Fin.

Posted Image
1 person likes this

I love Larsson but don't see how he'd fill a void left over by trading away our 3rd leader in points...