Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMantzas

The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

1,327 posts in this topic

I love Larsson but don't see how he'd fill a void left over by trading away our 3rd leader in points... 

I think the hope is that Gelinas can continue to produce and take that spot and it would free Larsson to re-join the lineup

I think the hope is that Gelinas can continue to produce and take that spot and it would free Larsson to re-join the lineup

I get that, but considering our goal-scoring numbers, we need both Gelinas and Zidlicky putting up numbers. Unless Zidlicky lands us some promising prolific forward, which I doubt is the case considering the teams that would want Zid are gearing up for the playoffs.

I get that, but considering our goal-scoring numbers, we need both Gelinas and Zidlicky putting up numbers. Unless Zidlicky lands us some promising prolific forward, which I doubt is the case considering the teams that would want Zid are gearing up for the playoffs.

What about a Zidlicky to Colorado for Parenteau type trade? I've been eyeing Colorado as a trade spot for weeks. They could use an offensive d-man (or d-man in general) and have expendable parts on offense. Seems like they'd be a perfect trade partner. Pittsburgh could use a guy like Zids too with Letang possibly out for the year.

Talk of Seto back to SJ. He fell off when he left there. Bruins in on Vanek, and Callahan supposedly close to a contract with the Rangers, Boomer really hit it with that:p

Edited by CarterforPresident

anyone heard anything about Salvador & a pick for a winger??

I wish... I'd trade Salvador for a Winger album. I wouldn't even need an actual winger coming back.

I wish... I'd trade Salvador for a Winger album. I wouldn't even need an actual winger coming back.

Columbus evidently wants a defenseman and wants to trade Gaborik.  I don't know if the money would work, and they would probably want Zidlicky instead.

Gaborik to NJ is plausible, especially since he probably won't re-sign with CBJ and is on the decline.  Salvador or Volchenkov going the other way make sense too.

However, I'm affraid that Gaborik doesn't answer our needs.  He was a dud a few years ago in the playoffs with the Ranjerks.

I'd trade Salvador and a pick for Gaborik all day long...which means CBJ probably wouldn't.

"@D_LEED: . @TSNBobMcKenzie: “The Philadelphia Flyers are believed to be offering a kid like Brayden Schenn and a first round pick” for Ryan Kesler."

"@D_LEED: . @TSNBobMcKenzie: “The Philadelphia Flyers are believed to be offering a kid like Brayden Schenn and a first round pick” for Ryan Kesler."

Gotta at least respect their consistency - Flyers always in a win-now mentality, trading away futures.

Talk of Seto back to SJ. He fell off when he left there. Bruins in on Vanek, and Callahan supposedly close to a contract with the Rangers, Boomer really hit it with that:p

how in the world can the ranger sign Callahan? Wtf.....

Gotta at least respect their consistency - Flyers always in a win-now mentality, trading away futures.

We are always in win now mode it seems.

And pretty much never winning now.

1 person likes this

Gaborik to NJ is plausible, especially since he probably won't re-sign with CBJ and is on the decline. Salvador or Volchenkov going the other way make sense too.

However, I'm affraid that Gaborik doesn't answer our needs. He was a dud a few years ago in the playoffs with the Ranjerks.

If it means getting rid of Salvador, I'll take my chances.
1 person likes this

Checking cap info now, interesting note if I type capgeek into google, it comes up "capgeek rangers" haha.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I am hearing NYR and Ryan Callahan are inching towards a contract agreement but they're not there...yet. #TSN #Tradecentre"

Not sure how. They want less years though

Hate to break it boys, but it looks like we'll go into a period of Devils' history were we're just fighting to make the playoffs, never mind the SC. 

I would take a shot with Cory Conacher...

Hate to break it boys, but it looks like we'll go into a period of Devils' history were we're just fighting to make the playoffs, never mind the SC. 

What exactly has occured today to make you feel this way?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I am hearing NYR and Ryan Callahan are inching towards a contract agreement but they're not there...yet. #TSN #Tradecentre"

Not sure how. They want less years though

Callahan's agents dropped several demands to stay NYR.  6 year contract probably for $5.5 million per

LOL What is with all your doom and gloom posts?  There were similar posts on here after the first round losses to the Hurricanes and Flyers in 2009 and 2010 and guess what, two years later the Devils are the Eastern Conference champs.

What exactly has occured today to make you feel this way?

Just a feeling.  Just a feeling.  Lou is getting old.  We got two rich guys, who know jack about hockey, pulling the purse strings.  Marty getting old.  Patty getting old.  And your best player has one foot in the elder care center of Belleville.  Can't be too promising.